Cooler Master - "Talk to the Expert" Live Chat & Giveaway

LinusTech

very interesting so far, its so worth watching even if i cant get the prize ;)  NOT that i dont want it :P

will full copper radiators be coming to the AIO range anytime soon?

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Any plans on a aio cooler/adapter for a gpu? something similar to the nzxt g10?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Is Cooler Master concidering about to start making Gpu liquid coolers? And if yes would them be sealed or custom parts for custom loop?

Does CM collaborate with any of the bigger open loop companies like EKWB, Swiftech, or XSPC? If they don't do they ever see it happening?

He mentioned high humidity affecting performance. How much does high humidity affect performance (i.e. 80%RH vs 20%RH @ the same dry bulb temp)? 

What headset does he use? it's really good sound from the mic :P

AMD Ryzen 7950X3D [x2 360 Rad EKWB] | Asus Extreme x670E | RTX TUF 4090 OC@3GHz [EKWB Block] | Corsair HX1500i | G.Skill Neo CL30 6000MHz (2x32GB) | MP700 2TB Gen5 + 980/950 Pro 1TB M.2 | x6 85PRO 512GB | NAS 4x 18TB Seagate Exo Raid 10+Backblaze | Lian-Li o11D XL | Main Screen: Samsung OLED G9 | AUX: LG IPS7 27" (x2) LG CX 55" G-Sync | Copyright©1996-2024 Teletha All rights reserved. ®

Does CM use distilled water or a special coolant??

hey which mid tower cases would support the neptun 280l ? cause i just bought it

why not use frion (car a/c cooling liquid) in closed loop water cooler?

Will Coolermaster license sandia cooler? It's a great tech and would like to see it in the market. If you can't answer just your thought on it would be great.

If you actually see how that works, the design is actually idiotic. As far as basic thermodynamics go, that would have close to no heat-transfer, making the heat-exhaustion effect of it nearly zero.

As the only point of contact (you need contact to transfer heat) of the heat-sink, is to the motor, and it's just a screw (so horrible transfer-capability). The motor is the only thing in contact with the heat-block that would contact the CPU.. so, where does the heat from the CPU go? The freaking motor.. the heat-sink thing would just spin above, and the motor would absorb a ton of heat, not the heat-sink. This in return, would cause the motor's tolerances to warp to the point of contact with the walls of the motor-housing, which would just cause friction, which would cause damage, and... oh, who would have thunk it, friction-generated heat.

Completely useless design.

edit: 

For such a design, where the actual heat-sink would rotate, it would need direct contact with a heat-source, which a thin layer of air would be sufficient enough for. The air isn't in a fluid state, so it's not very good at heat-transfer.. though, if it was in contact via fluid, where heat-sink blades on the other side of it were in contact with fluid (while rotating, and the fluid is air-less), it could work.

In short terms: CPU heat -> CPU-block, CPU-block heat -> fluid, fluid-heat -> fluid-side heat-sink via the fluid-side fins, heat-sink -> air.

A little illustration to provide easier methods of understanding of the concept: 

5iU2hPk.png(motor not drawn in, would require too much ms-paint skills)

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

If you go to lanparties, is it smart to use a watercoolings set, and if so, where do i need to watch out for?

What headset does he use? it's really good sound from the mic :P

It looks like a CM Storm Sirus, i think the sound for music sucks if that is the one :P

Quasar: Core i7 3930k @ 4,2Ghz, Kingston HyperX Aniversary 16GB 2133Mhz, MSi X79a GD65 8D, Saphire R9 290, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM850, Crucial M4 256Gb, WD Caviar Green 2TB, Samsung Spinpoint 500GB.

Is Cooler Master coming out with somekind of Super effective air cooling case or with Super large water cooling case?

Would cooler master ever consider making a CM Storm series chassis with a built in/low-profile AIO liquid cooler?

CPU:   Intel 3570K @ 3.4GHZ              GPU: EVGA GTX 570                          Case:    Cooler Master Storm Scout

MoBo: ASUS P8Z877-V LK                  SSD: 126GB Kingston SSD                 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212

RAM:  8GB GSkill Ripjaws                    HDD: 2TB Segate Barracuda              PSU:      OCZ 750W

With corsair h100i being so competitive in all in one water cooling solution, is there anything cooler master have/will have in future installed for us?

CPU: intel Core i5 4670 @3.4Ghz | GPU: Gigabyte WindForce 4GB GTX 760 | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz CL9 DDR3 16GB | MotherBoard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | Sound Card: ASUS Xonar Phoebus | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair AX760i 80+ Platinum | CPU cooler: Corsair H100i | Case: CM Storm Stryker |Display: Samsung 22" LED Monitor S22B350T | Audio: Logitech Z623 2.1 Speakers | Headset: Plantronics Gamecom Commander / Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Gamepad: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows Webcam: Logitech C920 | 

How long is the average living time of sealed liquid coolers?

Can we get a professional answer hot to apply thermal Paste to the 212 EVO? Is it still just a small grain of rice amount? Should we be putting three lines of paste to fill the gaps of the pipes? Everyone seems to have a different answer and idea of the application. 

Hyper 212 EVO successor?

Quote me to get a reply!

Will Cooler Master do clear tubed or customed water coloured coolers?

Hi Linus, love the show. My question is when you were designing the haf xb cube case were you thinking on a specific cpu cooler? If not what cpu cooler (water or air) would be the best cpu cooler for an am3+ motherboard? Thanks guys

does the performance of an aio liquid cooler degrade over time? how long will it last?

Would CoolerMaster consider a modular AIO system whereby you would have quick releases on each component i.e radiators (different sizes), different pumps, blocks etc.So that you could accommodate more users who want easier single loop cooling?

Thanks, Barry.

And yeah, my avatar IS me with Ellen McLain (GLaDOS)!!!!  :)