Why our screwdriver took 3 YEARS

AlexTheGreatish

If I was in the market for a screwdriver I would get this one but I’m not so im not going to get it.

“protective oxide coating.”

Where are people building PCs that corrosion of stainless is a consideration? 😝

Excellent cinematography. If only those tv advertisements (that Mon would always put on for jewelry and such) had half the production value. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I would buy one but I already have 2 Ifixit Kits (Pro tech and Manta ray)

🤷‍♂️

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

No leds to see where you screwing (e.g inside a PC case) no extension to make it longer or ability to remove the stem to make it shorter to reach that screw from above (e.g on a noctua cooler or when you screw a GPU and the case offer a hole that is like 3 inches away from the screw and in the 100 other other instances where you need it to be a little longer than the average screw driver) or short so that you can screw something in tight spaces or an flexible extension I rate this 6/10 the perfect clicky noise of the ratchet is like a low priority and you spent years and money for that instead for features that would actually make it more useful than the average screw driver...

24 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

At home, where there is water?

2 minutes ago, papajo said:

clicky noise

It's not about the noise. It's about the resistance and consistency. The noise is just a nice side effect.

38 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I sweat, it's corrosive. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

9 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

It's not about the noise. It's about the resistance and consistency. The noise is just a nice side effect.

Its negligible at best you cant convince me that any other screw driver with ratchet function is not up to the task when it comes to stuff like PC building... 

Don't get me wrong its nice to have but through my years as an ex technician and as a PC building hobbist I never said to my self "damn if only that ratchet was more consistent!" 

But I said frequently (actually being almost angry) for not being able to see a particular screw and having to find my phone to hold it with my left hand and flash towards that point while screwing with my right hand which is not ideal (or to need to change the position of the entire case or thingy I am trying to assemble or find a flashlight before the time of smartphones) 

Or I found my self saying (happened recently with an ifixit screw driver) "damn if it only had an extension so it could be longer" 

Or other times "damn if I only could remove the stem so that it was short enough for my hand to go inside that weird angled space and screw that screw" 

Unfortunately I'm a perfectionist control freak who hates making money

Linus will read anything put on the teleprompter. Did Kyle or Alex slip that one in?

As far as 30 minute ads for screwdrivers go this video was pretty interesting. Look forward to Project Farm testing the screwdriver to destruction.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Did Linus just trick me into watching a half-hour infomercial about his screwdriver?

I can't believe it worked!

9 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Look forward to Project Farm testing the screwdriver to destruction.

I want to see what AvE would make of it. Probably a profane but fun and scientific-ish vidjayo trying to make it beg for mercy by running it way out of spec with hydraulics.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

13 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Linus will read anything put on the teleprompter. Did Kyle or Alex slip that one in?

It's in reference to taking the easy option and branding an existing tool like he mentioned, which would have started making money quicker, with less cost and risk, and may have been more profitable.

38 minutes ago, papajo said:

Its negligible at best you cant convince me that any other screw driver with ratchet function is not up to the task when it comes to stuff like PC building... 

I'm not trying to convince you. I wouldn't even be able to, as it will still take weeks until I receive the screwdriver.

Edit: I do have the Wera screwdriver they were showing during their live stream and I do not need a new one either. I just want it. I don't think anyone needs the LTT screwdriver, but that's also what Linus said in the live stream. If you don't want to buy one, buy one of the others, they're good too!

11 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I'm not trying to convince you. I wouldn't even be able to, as it will still take weeks until I receive the screwdriver.

This is not a tool its more of a pledge/donation to a brand you like to support (why I dont know cause linus is already filthy rich but anyway its your money) 

I mean it has nothing that makes it more useful than any other cheaper screwdriver but it has a big pricetag 

Obviously I understand that this may not matter and that people will buy it because it is an ltt branded screw driver to add to their collection of ltt stuff I guess and if they are happy with that that's fine. 

I just commented because (besides trying to pass some things out via messages during the early development posts) I find it a shame that so much money and time was spent to make a collectible and they passed on the oportunity to make actually something that would be PC building specific (and also in general very useful) that no other manufacturer has done (at least none that I can think of on the top of my head, maybe there are some) 

There are some screw drivers with leds. 

There are some screw drivers with a ratchet core

There are screw drivers that have a flexible shaft.

There are some screw drivers with exchangeable shafts 

Maybe there are some screw drivers with exchangeable shafts and a rathed core 

But there surely is not any that has all of these features combined and the thing is that all of these features combined make for the best screwdriver to have for PC modding and general IT maintenance etc. 

The strong magnet for the tips ok I liked its really useful (although not sure if it is dangerous for some chips but I doubt it will be I just am not sure) but other than that its just an other screw driver with attention to superficial marketing detail instead of actual utility at a bigger pricetag compared to counterparts that have the same utility as it does. 

Is there not a CDN version of the LTT store? Can I come to your office and drop some Canadian currency? Or e-transfer you :P

4 minutes ago, papajo said:

This is not a tool its more of a pledge/donation to a brand you like to support (why I dont know cause linus is already filthy rich but anyway its your money) 

I mean it has nothing that makes it more useful than any other cheaper screwdriver but it has a big pricetag 

Obviously I understand that this may not matter and that people will buy it because it is an ltt branded screw driver to add to their collection of ltt stuff I guess and if they are happy with that that's fine. 

I just commented because (besides trying to pass some things out via messages during the early development posts) I find it a shame that so much money and time was spent to make a collectible and they passed on the oportunity to make actually something that would be PC building specific (and also in general very useful) that no other manufacturer has done (at least none that I can think of on the top of my head, maybe there are some) 

There are some screw drivers with leds. 

There are some screw drivers with ratchet core

There are screw drivers that have a flexible shaft.

There are some screw drivers with exchangeable shafts 

Maybe there are some screw drivers with exchangeable shafts and a rathed core 

But there surely is not any that has all of these feature combines and the thing is that all of these features combined make for the best screwdriver to have for PC modding and general IT maintenance etc. 

The strong magnet for the tips ok I liked its really useful (although not sure if it is dangerous for some chips but I doubt it will be I just am not sure) but other than that its just an other screw driver with attention to superficial marketing detail instead of actual utility at a bigger pricetag compared to counterparts that have the same utility as it does. 

It offers 12 bits instead of 6 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

It offers 12 bits instead of 6 🤷‍♂️

There are many here is just a quick google result of a $15 screw driver with 12 bits... 

SHARDEN Ratchet Screwdriver 13-in-1...

Yea not fancy ninja tray but same deal (also has an extention shaft lol so it can be both short and long as I said previously, but no leds) for $15 

Fun to see them in the plant working with the injection molding machines. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 minute ago, papajo said:

There are many here is just a quick google result of a $15 screw driver with 12 bits... 

Yea not fancy ninja tray but same deal (also has an extention shaft lol so it can be both short and long as I said previously, but no leds) for $15 

But does it make fancy clicking noises? 🤔

Yea, cool screwdriver, but 90€ and maybe import tax on top of it is a tall order for a screwdriver.

2 minutes ago, Ein0r said:

Yea, cool screwdriver, but 90€ and maybe import tax on top of it is a tall order for a screwdriver.

If it had LEDs and exchangeable shafts I might have considered it 😛 

Also a current/short indicator would be nice as well to have. 

15 minutes ago, mstrCH3SE said:

Is there not a CDN version of the LTT store? Can I come to your office and drop some Canadian currency? Or e-transfer you 😛

I forget the exact explanation, but there's a reason they do USD even though they are a Canadian company and use Shopify which is also a Canadian company. So currently the only way to purchase LTT related products using Canadian monetary units is by going to pop-up shops when they host them. I do not believe that they have plans currently for the public to visit Burnaby and be able to buy products directly at the moment.

I am so glad that you did not make the product super bad... That was what some companies did and it is stupid... 😕 

40 minutes ago, Ein0r said:

It's actually not, the problem is that it's at the VERY high end. It's priced inline with Snap On and probably competes on quality, but the snap on has that sweet sweet warranty.