100% LHR unlock at NiceHash? It’s here!

kushari

Summary

Nicehash claims to have unlocked LHR cards to 100% of their pre LHR hash rates for mining.

Quotes

We are very excited to tell you that NiceHash QuickMiner (Excavator) is the first mining software to FULLY (100%) UNLOCK LHR cards!

My thoughts

Might create a shortage again for the LHR cards if this is true. Also I'm expecting many other mining software to be able to unlock 100% if Nicehash is actually able to do it.

Sources

https://www.nicehash.com/blog/post/100-lhr-unlock-at-nicehash-its-here

Way to hit these trends right at the peak of popularity nicehash.

Also I think your source might not qualify if it's not a news source.

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

Way to hit these trends right at the peak of popularity nicehash.

Also I think your source might not qualify if it's not a news source.

I'd argue it is, It's literally from the horse's mouth and is a press release in a sense. There are already articles out there, but they will point back to the blog post.

8 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Not sure now is really the best time to advertise this NiceHash

image.thumb.png.1a471d63d4aff97a62287becbeb7326f.png

I'd say it might actually be a great time, as people that might get scared would try to sell their cards and people that are mining on a grand scale might be able to pick them up under retail from scared sellers. I remember this happening in early 2018. Market was flooded with used GPUs from mining.

God damn it, the market was only starting to recover...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Nice

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

9 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

God damn it, the market was only starting to recover...

As if this will matter.

serious miners don’t use nicehash.

serious miners were mining two coins at once and getting like 90-95%.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Helpful Tech Wiard said:

As if this will matter.

serious miners were mining two coins at once and getting like 90-95%.

It will, other mining software will probably be able to unlock 100% as well, and not everyone dual mines.

6 minutes ago, Helpful Tech Wiard said:

yes. plus eth 2.0 will end this.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

23 minutes ago, kushari said:

It will, other mining software will probably be able to unlock 100% as well, and not everyone dual mines.

Every serious miner dual mines on 3000. It’s how you keep most profitable

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

yes. plus eth 2.0 will end this.

Unfortunately it can't come quickly enough

"The most important step a man can take. It’s not the first one, is it?
It’s the next one. Always the next step, Dalinar."
–Chapter 118, Oathbringer, Stormlight Archive #3 by Brandon Sanderson

Older stuff:

Spoiler

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

5 hours ago, kushari said:

Nicehash claims to have unlocked LHR cards to 100% of their pre LHR hash rates for mining.

That's devilry, Mining is for suckers. Clean electricy & GPUs are scarce and you're wasting it/them for personal gain.

1 hour ago, Marko1600 said:

That's devilry, Mining is for suckers. Clean electricy & GPUs are scarce and you're wasting it/them for personal gain.

Clean electricity isn’t scarce in Canada. Not sure what you’re on about.

you're wasting it/them for personal gain.

Lol, so what are GPU supposed to do, in your opinion?

4 hours ago, kushari said:

Clean electricity isn’t scarce in Canada. Not sure what you’re on about.

why isn't every canadian household, institution & business running on clean electricity then? 

4 hours ago, Moonzy said:

Lol, so what are GPU supposed to do, in your opinion?

What it did before mining was a thing

Why did China ban crypto mining? Because they felt like it? Because we're not at 100% renewable energy yet and that means your putting CO2 In the atmosphere so you can buy your favorite ice cream at McDonald's.

1 minute ago, Marko1600 said:

Because we're not at 100% renewable energy yet and that means your putting CO2 In the atmosphere so you can buy your favorite ice cream at McDonald's.

... what?

Why did China ban crypto mining? Because they felt like it? Because we're not at 100% renewable energy yet and that means your putting CO2 In the atmosphere so you can buy your favorite ice cream at McDonald's.

Lol. Graphics cards are merely super-paralleled CPUs, they can handle whatever you throw at them and mining cryptos is one of them.

Without getting too political, China banned crypto mining because crypto mining and cryptos in general were used for moving capital out of the country. There is also tremendous load on the electricity grid the size of the mining farms that were in China. It had very little if anything at all with clean energy or CO2.

That being said, I am happy to report my 3070 LHR is getting 60MH/s with the Nicehash QM RC build.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

So math? Which is what they do when they're mining. Math. Math made pictures, math mines crypto.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

Lol. Graphics cards are merely super-paralleled CPUs,

Its still a Graphics Processing Unit and not a hash processing unit...... Beside crypto is just a pyramid game at the core. It does not solve any real world issues, quite the contrary, it creates more headache.

3 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Its still a Graphics Processing Unit and not a hash processing unit...

I don't seem to remember me saying that. Just because its called Graphics Processing Unit doesn't mean it can't do anything else (unless you buy AMD graphics cards).

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

11 minutes ago, Levent said:

I don't seem to remember me saying that.

Nah you just thrown in a gross oversimplification to prove your flawed point.... :old-dry: A components name describes the function(s) it was designed to do, just because someone found a way to (ab)use said component out of spec doesnt mean it is suited for that...

2 hours ago, Marko1600 said:

Why did China ban crypto mining? Because they felt like it?

Obvious question for 100 Alex...

Because China couldn't easily control crypto, and they have to control everything. They don't give 2 rats asses about the enviroment. 

2 hours ago, Marko1600 said:

why isn't every canadian household, institution & business running on clean electricity then? 

I never said every household, you said it was scarce. It isn’t. Don’t move your goal post. And eventually every household will be.

58 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Its still a Graphics Processing Unit and not a hash processing unit......

Welp, I guess all the supercomputers using GPUs should just be sold for parts to gamers now. Who cares about science, they're made for processing graphics. Out of all the arguments against using massive amounts of GPUs for cryptocurrency mining, this has to be one of the worst

:)