Windows 11 is getting more disgusting by the "Insider" Update

darknessblade

Summary

Microsoft removes more features of Windows 11 to make it more friendly for Tablet users.

Quotes

The original version of Windows 11 is being used by millions of users around the world and while there are a number of new design features to try in the new OS, taskbar limitations and other missing features have drawn criticism from users and Microsoft critics.

However, there’s a catch – Microsoft is also removing features from the desktop version of the taskbar to optimize it for tablets. In 
Build 22563 or newer, it is no longer possible to reorder or drag and drop icons within the system tray.

~~~
While the system tray itself isn’t going anywhere, Microsoft is no longer supporting dragging icons in the system tray or between the system tray.

~~~~
This change is currently set to ship with Windows 11 version 22H2.

From pureinfotech

The “Keyboard Layout” section has been removed from the Quick Settings flyout.

Microsoft has removed the “Programs and Features” page from Control Panel, which means that all the links will now point and open the Installed apps page.

My thoughts

This is absolutely disgusting.

Why are they removing features that many people use/have used for years, thinking it is a good feature.

This is gonna be windows 8 all over again. Thinking a "Tablet" optimized layout is something everyone wants and uses. even though their screens/computers do not have a touch-screen.

This could also be easily solved by a simple check in the settings called: Tablet-modus. giving users a CHOICE, if they want to use said features or not.

I personally will not update to windows 11 at all, until Oct. 14, 2025 since that is the date windows 10 will no longer be supported.

Sources

https://www.windowslatest.com/2022/03/28/windows-11-microsoft-may-be-planning-to-remove-another-essential-taskbar-feature/
https://www.windowslatest.com/2022/02/25/windows-11-build-22563-is-rolling-out-with-a-few-new-features/
https://pureinfotech.com/windows-11-22h2-new-features/

other

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-of-changed-or-removed-featuresfunctionalities/1151c688-462a-4579-9164-8d11c78652c8?auth=1

Edited by darknessblade
listing features that are being removed
╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

So uhh, what's being removed?

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

1.JPG.2336a602736f5aec38dfa536a0d389f0.JPG,

This is even dumber that OP made it out to be.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Um could you spell out what features are actually being removed? I have no idea what I'm supposed to be angry about lol

this, OP just rants about tablet users and dosent actually say WHAT we're losing.

Apparently its some taskbar option? I'll update this post once i read the links OP sent.

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

Just now, Levent said:

so who at Microsoft got fired today and decided to take the whole windows department down with them?

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

If it wouldn't be so much work i'd just "downgrade" to W10 again. Auto-HDR - the only feature that has really drawn me to windows 11 - turned out to be crap. Android support is still nowhere to be seen on the public version. The newer UI looks great, but is missing features compared to W10. I don't really have a reason to use W11 anymore. I didn't have any noteworthy technical problems, but so far W10 still seems vastly superior.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

40 minutes ago, Levent said:

But wait, there's more, apparently you had to read the article more to find this

Screenshot_20220329-174916.png

So, yeah, it's still possible to change what appeared on the tray under a Windows setting, just like the previous versions.

All I see was just Microsoft devs shuffling around the settings to make it less prone to drag accidents and make it more handleable for tablets, you know, because tablets are by default cluncky and large, and thus more prone to touch activations.

4 minutes ago, Herrscher of Whatever said:

But wait, there's more, apparently you had to read the article more to find this

Screenshot_20220329-174916.png

So, yeah, it's still possible to change what appeared on the tray under a Windows setting, just like the previous versions.

But you cannot orientate it in a way you like.

For example in combination with HWINFO64. you can no longer drag and drop the icons in a position you like. so GPU and CPU temps are next to each other

║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║

Just now, darknessblade said:

But you cannot orientate it in a way you like.

For example in combination with HWINFO64. you can no longer drag and drop the icons in a position you like. so GPU and CPU temps are next to each other

So basically, the only real reason why you want to drag on the tray is just for aesthetics, like cleanliness or orderly placement, etc.

I'm pretty sure OCD people would NOT like this

Jesus on the cross, why? I hope programs like StartAllBack can bring this feature back.

I'm pretty sure OCD people would NOT like this

I have those color coordinated so I for one am not happy.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Reading from the Microsoft link, I find the one change that will probably annoy me:

Screenshot_20220329-180622.png

2 minutes ago, Herrscher of Whatever said:

Reading from the Microsoft link, I find the one change that will probably annoy me:

Screenshot_20220329-180622.png

----

For this you can use a Nifty app called Trumpet

https://eartrumpet.app/

it works both on Windows10 and Windows 11

-----

For the startmenu/Taskbar, in my windows 11 VM, I use a different app called ExplorerPatcher

https://github.com/valinet/ExplorerPatcher/releases

It brings a lot of features back just like StartALLBack OR Start11. but is completely free and open source

------

40 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Jesus on the cross, why? I hope programs like StartAllBack can bring this feature back.

You can still move the icon just not trough drag and drop. They made it exclusive to the personalization menu of the tray icon.

Do we still get anything better or added compared to Windows 10 except Android apps and stuff that can be done with other softwares?

And what do we loose with the support? Interest of Microsoft to bring "new and fancy" features?

At this point seems like a win-win to stay with Windows 10 even when it gets unsupported, at least Microsoft won't be trying to FUCK IT UP with every update like they seem to want to do with the Windows 11.

Also didn't Microsoft take their own hint? Like where do they pull this fuckery with tablets, from Internet Explorer? The amount of people using tablets with Windows is probably pretty far away way significant numbers above the error margins with something like Surface being the major device in that userbase and at least what I know it hasn't really being the best selling product of the past years. Other tablets, no way Microsoft is going to get into them if there still is more than few Chinese toys, iPad and Samsungs tries to challenge iPad. Chromebooks? That train already went and Windows 11 is still too damn fat for them.

Seriously if Microsoft wants to get rid off Windows users, just stop developing. I believe the Apple and open source communities are more than happy to take the users into MacOS and Linux after few years when the dust settles on the grave of the Windows. No one forces Microsoft to develop it and I believe it would be far better for the legacy to not make Windows sh11t and just stop, say "sorry but we don't want to anymore, you suck" and go do whatever they think they get more money doing.

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

I didn't even know ou could reorder the system tray, why do people even need to reorder the system tray?

I push most icons into the dropdown because i don't like a cluttered task bar. I simply don't want 5 (or more, i've seen some things on other PC's) blinking icons on the bottom right of my screen.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Hello MS? I want more DESKTOP usability, stop crippling it for a platform no one uses. I think we're long overdue MS splitting low level OS and UI so we don't get tied into silly restrictions. I still consider Windows 2000 (not to be confused with Windows Millennium Edition) as the last graphical OS before MS started to make the UI less friendly to use.

5 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I push most icons into the dropdown because i don't like a cluttered task bar. I simply don't like 5 blinking icons on the bottom right of my screen.

Curious what people end up with down there. I always show all, and if I don't have a need for it, it doesn't exist in the first place. Only one of mine is animated at all: Task Manager.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

2 minutes ago, porina said:

Curious what people end up with down there. I always show all, and if I don't have a need for it, it doesn't exist in the first place. Only one of mine is animated at all: Task Manager.

I show about 90% of all icons.

Most of them are the Antivirus, HWINFO icons, wifi, USB, Network, Sound, and such.

Anything else is all hidden. and sorted by group in order. 

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

Um could you spell out what features are actually being removed? I have no idea what I'm supposed to be angry about lol

You need to be mad at THE MAN!! for keeping us down man!!!

/sarcasm 😄

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You need to be mad at THE MAN!! for keeping us down man!!!

Sadly I don't work for Microsoft, otherwise I would have said it was a feature not to include them.

Just now, darknessblade said:

Sadly I don't work for Microsoft, otherwise I would have said it was a feature not to include them.

Haha, yes, it's a 'working as intended' feature 😄

(my original comment was supposed to be a joke, I forgot the /sarcasm tag)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

7 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

I show about 90% of all icons.

Most of them are the Antivirus, HWINFO icons, wifi, USB, Network, Sound, and such.

Anything else is all hidden. and sorted by group in order. 

The only visible icons for me are PIA, Steam, Security, Network and Sound. Simply because these are the only ones i need frequent access to.

In the drop down i have GeForce Experience, Logitech G Hub, DisplayCal Profile loader and a few other i don't remember rn. I think about 8 icons or so are hidden.