EA claims GTA V sucked all the money out of the gaming market.

Lightning

LOLOLOL WTF DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!? sorry but buying BF4 (60$) then premium (50$) then shortcuts (~30$) doesnt suck the money out of the gaming market? Fuck off ea, you need to realize your not the only devs, publisher, or studio out there. Everyone isnt going to buy your shit because it has your name stamped on it

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Actually, I agree with this. I've posted many times over the months I've been on these forums that the 360/PS3 market could be stable as a more "lower end" oriented market, made for lower quality ports and people who couldn't afford/didn't want to pay so much for a new console or their games. Could sell 360/PS3 games for cheaper as well..

GTA V was not only highly anticipated and, in hindsight, overhyped, it was the driving force behind "next-gen" bullshit.

Edit: Your title is sensationalized.

out of Xbox 360/PS3 market, says EA

LOLOLOL WTF DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!? sorry but buying BF4 (60$) then premium (50$) then shortcuts (~30$) doesnt suck the money out of the gaming market? Fuck off ea, you need to realize your not the only devs, publisher, or studio out there. Everyone isnt going to buy your shit because it has your name stamped on it

Why would you buy shortcuts? That's like buying a game only to pay more to not have to play it at all. :D

or it's just because bf4 is just so broken, that no one wanted to buy it.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

EA claims a lot of things...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Why would you buy shortcuts? That's like buying a game only to pay more to not have to play it at all. :D

i dont, but other people do, ask them

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

or it's just because bf4 is just so broken, that no one wanted to buy it.

^^ This... :P

"GTA V sucked all of the money out of the market."
"It's because it's a better game than BF4."
"We don't think so."

"Okay, EA, okay."

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I have another theory to go with this theory by EA as to why they aren't selling jack and why companies like EA are killing the gaming industry.

1) Madden sucks and has sucked for a long time. Killing the one decent football game out there (NFL2k) through NFL license shenanigans, doesn't exactly endear you to potential customers. Add to that instead of getting better the series has gotten worse. I imagine killing ALL competition made you lazy. It is INSANE that only one company could make a football game. 

2) SWTOR. Rushed game that I was a beta tester of for a long time. Had a major memory leak that literally wasn't fixed until the expansion after the game went free to play where they wanted more money from me. Use of a mediocre game engine (hero engine) for a 200 million dollar game was asinine. Just EA doing it's normal crap and rushing a broken product, kind of like they gave Bioware 2 years to make a Mass Effect game instead of the usual 3. The two main producers at Bioware quit and so did the lead writer for the first and co lead on the second. You expect me to buy any Bioware games after you killed the company and are sticking with Mac Walters as a lead writer? No thanks. Now go pay off IGN's Colin Moriarty to make an "opinion video" to call me an entitled gamer. I have never laughed as hard as when that clown said "who cares if 90 percent of a game is on disc DLC". 

3) Origin and all the other origin type crap out there like Uplay which installed a freakin rootkit on the computer. Want me to be online on a server to play a game? NP. I didn't have a problem being online with Diablo 3. I could care less. Want me to install adware on my machine? Not a fan. See Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls selling 3 million copies in 7 days, dwarfing Infamous Second Son's 1 million in 9 days. All this DRM crap with origin and uplay is USELESS since the games are cracked in a day. If anything this BS DRM and forced programs you want installed makes people pirate your games more. They A) refuse to give you another cent B) don't want this crap on their computer.

4) Crap PC ports that we have to fix through heavy modding (when we can). Example. NBA 2k 14. FIFA. EA absolute BS saying the ignite engine couldn't run on PC's. What a cool story. The PC community appreciates absolute lies to push consoles. Really endears us to your heart along with Origin. You wonder why games aren't selling on PC when you make the ports absolute crap? Sorry we aren't all going to buy a "next gen" console. Many are on the computer to escape companies like EA through indie/kickstarter games, while EA does it's best to kill gaming.

Want to talk about killing the industry EA? Here is some of the victims. I will never buy an EA game again. I can do that because I am on the PC where I have alternatives to your monopolies over industries and genres.  Instead I will buy games like Star Citizen, which is a game headed by a company you killed and a series you killed.  If "next gen" consoles die? GOOD. If all these companies die who make mediocre PC ports (many times on purpose), and rehash the same stupid games and their sequels die? Good. They will be replaced by innovative people making better games, with more competition creating better products. We don't need consoles that are crappy PC's. We need Nintendo for kids and big kids. Sega is now a software company. Sony can be one to. I hope Blizzard makes record profits along with Riot Games, while EA hemorrhages money. They earned it.

victims-of-ea.png

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

You know what sucks even more dollars from EA. The fact they suck balls!

What he means is that GTAV was so dominating on Xbox 360 and PS3 (it has shipped over 32.5 million copies to date) that gamers spent their money on Rockstar's title instead of other Xbox 360 or PS3 games. It appears this had a real impact on EA's bottom line,

God forbid people spending money on a game that they actually want to play instead of lining up, single file, to offer their firstborn in exchange for the next iteration of madden.  

EA just learned they can also make a lot of money just by making great games. Who woulda thought it was that simple?

Get rid of origin and you have the right to complain, ok?

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Or maybe it's just because you don't know how to make a good game without screwing it up. Make a BF game like it used to be and make a Simcity game like it used to be then we will all be happy. I know EA doesn't make games but I don't want to list Maxis or Dice because it probably wasn't their faults. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Title should be "EA blames other publishers for EAs crappy games"

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

lol i bought 2 shortcuts and premium.. I don't play it a lot and i just wanted to use good guns when i did.. 

Aww, is ea going to cry? Who owns battlefield, need for speed and dead space franchises?

Get rid of origin and you have the right to complain, ok?

an ignorant statement from a brony, Why am I not surprised?

There's really nothing wrong with Origin. How many times did steam go offline last month? over 60 times by my count, sometimes only for 3-4 minutes, other times up to 45 minutes. I didn't have any of my gameplay interrupted by server outages on EA servers.

If you don't like EA, fine. You don't have to, but don't ignore Steams shortcomings while EA provides a completely stable client.

Tired of hearing people say you can't install OS X on AMD hardware. Educate yourself.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/138853-just-got-myself-into-a-fully-working-hackintosh-amd-no-less/

Has Gamespot became like IGN? because they do talk a lot of shit. i know EA said this but, poteto potado (real spelling, potato)

Like Trevor would say:

"Stop crying you little fucks"

144Hz goodness