EA claims GTA V sucked all the money out of the gaming market.

Lightning

They both suck.

Rockstar for blatantly milking consoles that should have died out already and making PC gamers hold a grudge against them for not caring about PC gaming and EA for being a greedy corporate whore milking gullible gamers that are too conditioned to accept mediocrity and the pay to win motto with making core parts of games be sold separately as DLC.

Dear EA AND Rockstar,

GrumpyCatBury_418344b.jpg

With much discontent,

PC Gamers everwhere

This just proves that EA are a bunch of retards. I mean seriously, what are they thinking? That people bought 3-5 copies of the game? What they actually think is that GTA V set the bar so high that people care less about EA's shitty games and therefore they don't get that sweet money.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

the bad thing is that its right EA saying it which is blamed for money sucking:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Maybe it's just me, but in my opinion it sounded like he wasn't complaining, but merely commenting about GTA V's immense success on a conference call.

I personally want EA to just fall apart, but I'm afraid that the developer studios will disappear with them too. The studios EA has are pretty good... 

Actually, I agree with this. I've posted many times over the months I've been on these forums that the 360/PS3 market could be stable as a more "lower end" oriented market, made for lower quality ports and people who couldn't afford/didn't want to pay so much for a new console or their games. Could sell 360/PS3 games for cheaper as well..

GTA V was not only highly anticipated and, in hindsight, overhyped, it was the driving force behind "next-gen" bullshit.

Edit: Your title is sensationalized.

GTA V is an amazing game, not over-hyped at all tbh

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

EA is such a sad excuses for a game publisher. They are by far the worst company in gaming.

LOLOLOL WTF DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!? sorry but buying BF4 (60$) then premium (50$) then shortcuts (~30$) doesnt suck the money out of the gaming market? Fuck off ea, you need to realize your not the only devs, publisher, or studio out there. Everyone isnt going to buy your shit because it has your name stamped on it

I would Implore that people spend as little on it as possible if it has EA stamped on it, 

People need to take their own opinions out of a story and learn to see something objectively. The hate for EA is blinding some.

The comment made by the CFO of EA has some merit. GTA V was a disrupting force during a transition period. During that transition you had

• Gamers that were getting ready to switch to newer consoles and were saving money. 
  • Gamers that only buy a select few games at launch during what publishers will see as a launch window (around 60 days).
  • Gamers that only buy 1-2 select games a year
  • Gamers that bought into the hype and went and bought GTA V and continued to play it without buying any other games etc

All those people could have gone and bought GTA V and were set with games for the rest of the year.​ With that in mind, saying that GTA V sucked money out of the last gen of console (X360 & PS3, OP you should change your title to reflect what is actually said) can be accurate. Lastly he was congratulating the success of GTA V, if you read the article he is not saying that GTA V hurt EA.

NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | Asus Z87-A (don't ask why I have a Z mobo with a non k cpu, have my reasons)| Intel Core i7 4770 | XGIMATEK Dark Knight II| 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 120GB SKHynix | 2tb WD Green | Gigabyte GTX 770 OC | OCZ 750W ZT | Logitech DiNovo Edge | Logitech G602

they didnt get my money. still no GTA V in my steam library. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Who cares they make millions anyway... They should stop whining about a few % less.

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

People need to take their own opinions out of a story and learn to see something objectively. The hate for EA is blinding some.

The comment made by the CFO of EA has some merit. GTA V was a disrupting force during a transition period. During that transition you had

• Gamers that were getting ready to switch to newer consoles and were saving money. 
  • Gamers that only buy a select few games at launch during what publishers will see as a launch window (around 60 days).
  • Gamers that bought into the hype and went and bought GTA V and continued to play it without buying any other games etc

All those people could have gone and bought GTA V and were set with games for the rest of the year.​ With that in mind, saying that GTA V sucked money out of the last gen of console (X360 & PS3, OP you should change your title to reflect what is actually said) can be accurate. Lastly he was congratulating the success of GTA V, if you read the article he is not saying that GTA V hurt EA.

QFT.

OR MAYBE, NOBODY WANTS TO BUY EA PRODUCTS

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Then maybe game companies should stop creating games for kids that can only get their parents to buy a few games a year. Just a thought. Maybe they should try to innovate and think outside the box. 

Shoot, shoot, shoot, cutscene maybe isn't going to cut it anymore. We don't need 50 shoot, shoot, shoot cutscene games. We need more Tribes Ascends. Games like that would be massive hits if we have 100 videos on ign showing gameplay (like we do of Titanfall). 

Funny thing? Tribes Ascend got a higher rating from them (IGN) as a PC exclusive, yet got zero coverage after release. It is a much better game. Tribes Ascend isn't played well on a console controller though. Who pushed console controllers? MS/Sony and the characters ar IGN. We had games like Starsiege Tribes a long time ago. We have gone backwards. 

These companies appease the little kids who complain about any innovation and don't buy games. Why should I feel sorry for them? Maybe they should target people who can actually afford more then 1-3 games a year.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Maybe if EA weren't such bastards with their shit games and poor monetisation strategy then maybe more people would buy their games. I also find it incredibly funny that EA are blaming another company who actually made a decent game for their sub-standard games failing... I think they need to exit dreamland and realise why their games failed and actually listen to their fucking customers and not the retards in the boardroom who want more money...

If it's so bad for them, why do they keep doing it?

Calm your tits, EA.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

If it's so bad for them, why do they keep doing it?

Because a few executives love to use lame excuses like "Piracy!" or "GTA V!" to attempt to save their asses from accepting their responsibility for their shitty games and loosing their jobs. Seriously you never had an asshole boss that made stupid fucking decisions and spend most of his time (meaning yours) trying to come up with cooked up numbers, some Power Point slides and a lot of lame rationalizations to avoid getting canned? 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Because there are some people who buy it regardless. Either they don't care or they just have enough money it doesn't really bother them... plus the fanboy kind as well...

That's one way of looking at it, another way is the fucking whores who call themselves "gaming press" that bombarded the living fuck out of everyone with constant, non-stop coverage of a crappy, unispired game nobody really wanted like Titanfall until somebody actually stats to "Believe the hype" 

-------

Current Rig

-------

The hate here is astounding. EA has made and probably will keep making stupid decisions, but it sounds like they're saying everyone spent $60 (which isn't really a small amount of money) on GTA V instead of anything else. The gaming market means the entire market, EA doesn't own it, so I'd go as far to say that they're right. Everyone did buy GTA V instead of Ghosts or Battlefield or a Wii U.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Because a few executives love to use lame excuses like "Piracy!" or "GTA V!" to attempt to save their asses from accepting their responsibility for their shitty games and loosing their jobs. Seriously you never had an asshole boss that made stupid fucking decisions and spend most of his time (meaning yours) trying to come up with cooked up numbers, some Power Point slides and a lot of lame rationalizations to avoid getting canned?

Why don't they set aside any personal interests if they know they can make more money?

Why don't they set aside any personal interests if they know they can make more money?

Because they still draw a pay check and because none of them are competent at their jobs? Jim Sterling covered this in great details: It's just idiots acting on the advice of other idiots and nobody with any fucking talent or vision ever gets involved in the process:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/9045-The-Unholy-Trinity-Of-Blind-Greedy-Bastards

EDIT: Sorry linked to the wrong video.

-------

Current Rig

-------