Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I just finished the kantai collection anime and damn it was pretty good.

There are too many hentai parodies, unwatchable for me... also this mixing of girls and weaponry is a sacrileg. Girl's and Panzer *shudder*

(Upotte is fine, SIG rules.)

// programmers paradox

try { return true; } finally { return false; }

There are too many hentai parodies, unwatchable for me... also this mixing of girls and weaponry is a sacrileg. Girl's and Panzer *shudder*

? gunslinger-girl-10228-1920x1200.jpg

what would I make a case out of? not sure aluminum, brass, stainless steel probably one of them or a combination of those.

I'm making mine out of 6mm acrylic and aliminium L and U brackets for construction.

Steve

Yeah, but then to be fair the source material isn't exactly fantastic, either. Great premise, blaise execution.

Edit: C is easier to recommend, because it's just a neat idea that wasn't given enough time to bake. But it's still a worthwhile curiosity, and people were just hoping for something different at the time it aired (I think). Awesome OST, too.

felt really convoluted and a lot of "ok sure" going on

I don't really like the idea of throwing around fat stacks to do damage, but to each their own

it's hard to criticize it because it wasn't very memorable for me

I don't think I liked the way they implemented the bad guy either

at least there were some interesting reactions to eating food

maybe you can tell @MyInnerFred if it's something that would appeal to him since the game is quite literally based on money

I can barely remember it and at this point can no longer give a synopsis

Edit: the fact that it's on my hard drive and YM isn't suggests it might be a bit better than (or not as bad as) I thought it was

Error: 410

It's amazing how reality close they drew the guns... My Katy is currently in a closet

1336928090168.jpg

up-e1-b.png

// programmers paradox

@_INTER_

Is isshuukan friends sad too? Reading the synopsis, looks like a sad anime to me. Asking you cuz u recommended it to me.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Finished Plastic Memories

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly shit i was not expecting to be this feelsy-

@CatCloud yep it was the ending you thought it was. BUT not 100% as you may thought.

Big time spoiler btw:

After the ending you see MC going to the oficce and being introduced with his new partner. You never fully see this new partner, but you can tell it's the same girl.

In the anime they give people the option to reset this androids, they lose every thought and memory, but on the outside they are the same, so i guess that's what happened.

Predictable or not feels were all over the place, i could barely watch, it's been a long time since i had watched this type of anime.

I am, not ashamed of it tbh. Why would i do that though? It's better that i don't need some super epic drama to feel sad or stuff like that, with a predictable sad story is enough for me and i like it that way.

Chobits next.

@_INTER_

Is isshuukan friends sad too? Reading the synopsis, looks like a sad anime to me. Asking you cuz u recommended it to me.

Hmm there were some scene's that were yea. But in general its more slice-of-lifeish / romance. Ending is not "tragic" if you mean that.

// programmers paradox

Chobits next.

Hmm why not, seems okay by the synopsis.

I have exam on thursday, all this marathoning might not be a good idea, but w/e.

Hmm there were some scene's that were yea. But in general its more slice-of-lifeish / romance. Ending is not "tragic" if you mean that.

Yeah i can imagine some scenes being sad, alright.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

I wonder how many people realized they have a belly/hips fetish after watching Merry? (or for those meme-lovers out there, "vagina bones") 

tumblr_mfwtc2nITl1rcj8eco1_500.gif

Blarg

felt really convoluted and a lot of "ok sure" going on

I don't really like the idea of throwing around fat stacks to do damage, but to each their own

it's hard to criticize it because it wasn't very memorable for me

I don't think I liked the way they implemented the bad guy either

at least there were some interesting reactions to eating food

maybe you can tell @MyInnerFred if it's something that would appeal to him since the game is quite literally based on money

I can barely remember it and at this point can no longer give a synopsis

Edit: the fact that it's on my hard drive and YM isn't suggests it might be a bit better than (or not as bad as) I thought it was

Not sure if it's Fred's style... it's hard to say. If he doesn't take it seriously maybe. He might get a kick out of it with the right perspective (as should just about anyone who likes shounen anime).

That's just the thing: [C]'s ultimately just a more-creative-than-usual shounen battle anime. It's dressed-up with some seinen elements, but those elements are just there to add spice to what's otherwise just a shounen battle anime. Expect anything more, and you'll probably be disappointed. It's no documentary on the state of the markets or hard-hitting social commentary. But then it's also not a bland and formulaic thing like Food Wars, so I give it some propers. It has ambitions that it failed to achieve in 11 episodes, rather than playing it boringly safe for 24.

tumblr_mfwtc2nITl1rcj8eco1_500.gif

Just watch the first episode or two, and it'll make sense. But don't get your hopes up, because the anime (and manga) don't live up to the obvious potential in those early episodes... probably because they have no hopes and dreams, huehue.

I can see why mixing girls with weaponry would not be for everyone but I don't how the hentai parodies would make the show unwatchable. Unless of course you looked at all of those parodies first.

I guess I just don't go around looking for that stuff.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

-.- Do i want to ask what is going on here?

anime-confused-gif.gif

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

oh hey, i didn't know we can embed vimeo

well, i never use it

but nice to know

PSA Akame Ga Kill is going to be aired on Adult Swim starting on the 8th of August

dub voices are kinda..

well I never cared about dubs anyway

@MyInnerFred @Vitalius look interesting to you? unfortunately no online multiplayer ):

Early access so maybe in the future

http://webm.host/10fbd/vid.webm

Error: 410

@MyInnerFred @Vitalius look interesting to you? unfortunately no online multiplayer ):

Nice. Me gusta. :D

That is some cool shit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoag%27s_Object#/media/File:Hoag%27s_object.jpg

It's a galaxy that is just a ring. No central core. It's a... Halo. DUH DUH DUHUHUHUHUHUH

Huh. Cool.

tumblr_mbgfiz1epB1qzkmtgo1_400.jpg

This is a tight desktop (note the icons):

8503735ad8927c1de5d8c75a53b84c1b.png

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Yay! Finally watched a few more eps!

Rinne (17). so-so.

This was a pretty straightforward episode involving the least funny characters (as far as I'm concerned). It was amusing enough to pass the time, but not something I'd ever go out of my way to see. Ditto with the manga chapters for this plot, but those flew right by compared to this two episode "arc" in anime form. It's nice to see the characters at least forming a little gang of their own, but other than that, it's pretty rote for Rinne.

Working!!! (5). good.

This just in: Working had another good episode with actual plot progression and character-based comedy that was firing on all cylinders, even if the stuff with Yamada felt like filler. That is all.

OverLord (4). decent.

This is getting pretty fun, like a silly mix of SAO and Log Horizon. It seems to have more in mind than your average SAO type thing, while having more hot-blooded fun than Log Horizon. It tries to keep you guessing as to what's going on behind-the-scenes while it steadily develops a quirky blend of cheese to keep you entertained. Hopefully it works out.

Castle Town Dandelion (4). decent.

This episode reveled in the series' worst jokes (as far as I'm concerned), and the result stretched my patience more than I'd like. But I do admit that it was still charming enough to overcome that hurdle somewhat. If they had a bit more material I would forgive them entirely, but as it stands the less repetitive little bits sprinkled throughout just made it stand out more that Akane is a background protagonist, and can't really carry the show as the primary focus. A little less charm and I'd probably be annoyed.

Yay! Finally watched a few more eps!

Working!!! (5). good.

This just in: Working had another good episode with actual plot progression and character-based comedy that was firing on all cylinders, even if the stuff with Yamada felt like filler. That is all.

Might actually watch working 3.

I actually didn't like AT ALL the first 2 seasons because of the little to no character progression.

Working! is not about character progression / plot first. It's primarly comedy. Though recently it had lots of the other going forward. Like the date with Yachiyo and Satou and the followup

// programmers paradox

Yeah i saw that, i was told that it was a slice of life and it really didn't have to have character progression. And when character progression was happening it ended, so yeah they better make some character progression on the 3rd season!

One of the rare songs which make me like the German language :)

Lass uns die Wolke Vier bitte nie mehr verlassen

Weil wir auf Wolke Sieben viel zu viel verpassen

Ich war da schon ein Mal, bin zu tief gefallen

Lieber Wolke Vier mit Dir als unten wieder ganz allein

Ziemlich gut, wie wir das so gemeistert haben

Wie wir die großen Tage unter kleinen Dingen begraben

Der Moment der die Wirklichkeit maskiert

Es tut nur gut zu wissen, dass das wirklich funktioniert

Weil wir auf Wolke Sieben viel zu viel verpassen

Lieber Wolke Vier mit Dir, als unten wieder ganz allein

Hab nicht gesehen, was da vielleicht noch kommt

Was am Ende dann mein Leben und mein kleines Herz zerbombt

Denn der Moment ist das, was es dann zeigt, dass die Tage ziemlich dunkel sind

Doch dein Lächeln bleibt. Doch dein Lächeln bleibt…

Weil wir auf Wolke Sieben, viel zu viel verpassen

// programmers paradox

Thunder surprised me, had to cut power for an hour or two. During that time, I figured I could finally continue watching anime on phone (haven't watched anything in over a month)... About time I finish Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo...

I just finished the kantai collection anime and damn it was pretty good.
Some of the animations especially during battle scenes were cringeworthy but I assume it was a fairly low budget production.
Hopefully they fix that issue with the second season that I'm super excited about.

Also there is a kantai collection ps vita game slated to come out in November which I will probably pick up. Just in case any of you have a vita and are interested.

Let me guess... That game is gonna be Japan exclusive?

It's sad I am really enjoying Hyouka and I am only couple of episodes away from the last episode >.< 

Love the OP and ED as well =D 

It teached me one for sure,that is the power of curiosity  :D  

Keep in mind: curiosity is what killed the cat.

This is not to discourage curiosity, just advising to be careful what you want to find out more about.

F4JBxgk.jpg

-.- Do i want to ask what is going on here?

anime-confused-gif.gif

More information never hurts, even if it's bad or depressing. You'll know what you are dealing with and thus can act accordingly.

oh hey, i didn't know we can embed vimeo
well, i never use it
but nice to know

PSA Akame Ga Kill is going to be aired on Adult Swim starting on the 8th of August
dub voices are kinda..
well I never cared about dubs anyway

Early access so maybe in the future

http://webm.host/10fbd/vid.webm

Doesn't embedding work with any video material, not just YouTube and Vimeo? That's how for example .webm videos can be posted.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

This is very informative to me: 

Comparative frame timings and Frames per Second between Fury X & 980 Ti at Ultrawide (1440p) & 4K resolutions.

I noticed the Fury X dips slightly more than the 980 Ti, particularly in 4K, which I imagine is the VRAM limitation of 4GB. Just a guess though.

Otherwise, they look basically identical. Very cool.

TL;DW: They are basically identical at higher resolutions (1440p ultrawide & 4K) while the 980 Ti generally gets higher FPS at lower resolutions (1080p & 1080p ultrawide). 

That's what I took away from it anyway.

Unrelated: This guy was a nut.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Episode 1 of life is strange done!

(WTF is happening)

a743ddd7530771d5189a3f1dc2f841a8.jpg

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Yo before watching chobits or any other kind of serious anime.

How's Danmachi? (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?)

Not looking for romance, just comedy, i know it has fanservice, and why not an OP MC on a fantastic world.

Meh, watching it anyways, YOLO.