The day of the simp - Twitch git leaked on 4chan

williamcll
Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay on-topic and follow the Community Standards

4 minutes ago, JogerJ said:

Now imagine if you can self host Twitch with all of this. 

We can rebrand it to something like Twatch and call it a day

Copyrights would like to have a word with you

elephants

* thread cleaned & unlocked *

People being toxic, while laughing at another platforms' toxicity is rather ... ironic.

To avoid this, please follow the rules outlined in the Community Standards.

Edited by PmpkinPaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just while I was working on analyzing the leaked data a bit, the other thread was locked 😞

I wanted to address this question

I'd be interested to see how quickly that kind of income drops of once u get to the top 200 say. I would expect to see a sharp decline in top earners, as only the most popular streamers I would expect to make such money.

To answer this I analyzed the earnings and the breakdown into the individual income sources of the top 1000 earners for July 2021. It is an insane amount of data, several million rows per month, and I haven't found the time yet to analyze to full data set back until 2019. Anyways, here is the result, maybe some people find this interesting:

top1000.thumb.png.f5b4a09863c635352f0f997c6510d169.png

Number one is xQcOW as we already know who makes a shitload of ad revenue. There are some sources that I don't know what they mean, however they are mostly not relevant. #7 who makes all their money from "bits_developer" is "Altoar" which the Twitch API lists as affiliate partner.

Good lord, xQc makes $750k a month? good for him, i guess.

What's the worst that could happen, rapid brain death?

12 minutes ago, Slipfox said:

Good lord, xQc makes $750k a month? good for him, i guess.

I just randomly checked a few other 2021 months for him and yes, he makes between 600k and 900k per month. He really stands out and makes a crapload with ad revenue, sometimes that alone is over 500k.

Keep in mind these numbers are all without donations or partnerships.

People who are surprised that water is wet must be the same ones donating money to millionaires. scnr

I'm not all that surprised at the amount the largest streamers make, but I am kinda surprised that the streamers at the bottom of the 1000 are still making as much as they are. 100k a year before taxes (and before any other revenue) is a hell of a living.

Minus the whole having no benefits and figuring out what to do if/when your streaming career eventually dies part.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

The leak is being carried by major news outlets now, parents will be reeling their children in.  Revenues will drop because of that, however, twitch is now getting a load of publicity from this.

I have no horse in this race though, no time for twitch, I play my games when I get free time.  Pew pew. 

30 minutes ago, Heliian said:

The leak is being carried by major news outlets now, parents will be reeling their children in.

I am very curious about how much of the Twitch revenue is generated by minors.

1 minute ago, Dracarris said:

I am very curious about how much of the Twitch revenue is generated by minors.

I'd bet a fairly significant amount of ads, a moderate amount of prime subs, and not much else.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Threads merged & unlocked. Please stay on topic.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

And being female

You do realize that none of the top 30 are female right? 

FAtGBOVWQAkcrGo?format=jpg&name=large

The data analysis pretty much confirms what I said earlier in the thread, the ads are basically trash-tier levels of revenue for streams and the vast majority comes from subs/prime-subs (prime subs are using your amazon prime subscription with twitch), with a few streamers earning a significant amount from bits. It would be interesting to sort these by which revenue source they primarily earned their income from Twitch before August 2020 and after August 2020, because that's when Twitch started forcing ads on (around the end of September 2020.)

Another thing I think would be interesting to find out is if the female streamers "earn more" from bits or from subs/prime-subs. An in-joke on one streamer's channel is that somehow it's always the prime-subs that say the most disturbing things.

Weird to see 4chan censoring their own boards but oh well, not the first time.

And dare you not mention the magnet link because one second there, next.. huh its gone 😄

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

11 hours ago, Bramimond said:

I see everything wrong with that position. 

Basically that position denies people both agency and freedom. 

You want to decide which job is worth what, instead of letting people decide by themselves. 

If you take issue with the disparity, you either have to knock one down or  prop one up. But wealth isn't growing on trees. If you print more money, you just make all the money in circulation worth less, which is called inflation. So to prop one up, someone has to be knocked down. And that is before even taking into consideration the difference between a stable job and one you could lose at any minute for reasons out of your hand. 

The whole thing reminds me a little of the Candle Makers Petition in terms of ridiculousness. 

No, people are not made equal and it matters who your parents and grandparents and great-grandparents were and how much money they had to invest in the future of their family. If it wasn't like that, then what would even be the point of it all. You'd be living in paradise and there would be no reason to work hard at all. 

I think you have missed the point entirely,  and given you are trying to bring arguments into it that don't actually change anything nor rebut anything previously said I'm not going to try and explain it anymore.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

whos Altoar, he has 250 followers on twitch yet is 8th on the chart.....

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Interesting. Twitch has reset all stream keys. Just got this notice when I logged in to Twitch:

image.png

The stream key is what you put in to streaming software, such as OBS, to allow it to stream to your Twitch channel. Anyone with your stream key could stream whatever they want to your channel. 

I changed my password as soon as this news broke but I didn't even think to change the stream key! It looks like Twitch is resetting all stream keys but if yours hasn't changed you should go in to your Twitch stream settings and generate a new key. You'll need to also update the key used in any streaming software you use.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Interesting. Twitch has reset all stream keys. Just got this notice when I logged in to Twitch:

image.png

The stream key is what you put in to streaming software, such as OBS, to allow it to stream to your Twitch channel. Anyone with your stream key could stream whatever they want to your channel. 

I changed my password as soon as this news broke but I didn't even think to change the stream key! It looks like Twitch is resetting all stream keys but if yours hasn't changed you should go in to your Twitch stream settings and generate a new key. You'll need to also update the key used in any streaming software you use.

The streamkey changes if you change the password anyway, which is what I assume most people who actually logged into Twitch did. This is something I knew a few years ago because I set up a multi-stream for a client and had to explicitly tell them N O T to reset the password without notifying the technicians as the stream key has to be replaced in everything.

5 hours ago, mr moose said:

I think you have missed the point entirely,  and given you are trying to bring arguments into it that don't actually change anything nor rebut anything previously said I'm not going to try and explain it anymore.

Ignoring the consequences of the discussed position, I see. If all you want to be is upset about something with no intention of doing anything about it, I guess I can see where the people holding this position are coming from. But it's silly.

6 hours ago, adarw said:

whos Altoar, he has 250 followers on twitch yet is 8th on the chart.....

yes, that's why I commented

12 hours ago, Dracarris said:

#7 who makes all their money from "bits_developer" is "Altoar" which the Twitch API lists as affiliate partner.

So probably not a regular streamer and ideally not in this revenue data.

2 hours ago, Bramimond said:

Ignoring the consequences of the discussed position, I see. If all you want to be is upset about something with no intention of doing anything about it, I guess I can see where the people holding this position are coming from. But it's silly.

you should ask to be a pr representative at some big oil corp.

45 minutes ago, TOMPPIX said:

you should ask to be a pr representative at some big oil corp.

Why, it doesn't seem like you are impressed with what I was saying. Or could I make you see things my way and this is you agreeing with me?

I'm genuinely curious what the people being mad/upset/unhappy about streamers making millions, while blue-collar workers aren't are proposing as the solution that then doesn't involve stepping in to enforce how much each profession is supposed to earn. 

8 minutes ago, Bramimond said:

Why, it doesn't seem like you are impressed with what I was saying. Or could I make you see things my way and this is you agreeing with me?

I'm genuinely curious what the people being mad/upset/unhappy about streamers making millions, while blue-collar workers aren't are proposing as the solution that then doesn't involve stepping in to enforce how much each profession is supposed to earn. 

Why does anyone have to provide a solution?  Sometimes people are just unhappy with the way things are knowing that they can't really change it?   FFS, I'm pissed with the way china are carrying on right now,  but there is no way in hell I am going to be able to offer a solution to that,  does that mean china is ok?   What about politicians being lying sacks of ass seepage?  do I need to offer a solution to political issues before that opinion is considered valid?   Of course not. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.