Intel offering AI software to bleep out gamer words

spartaman64

I can see where this is headed.

I bet all big social media platforms that use audio for communication will have this implemented, then big tech will literally have the power to automatically block you from saying things they don't like.

The future looks better and better.

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

On 4/9/2021 at 6:09 AM, Vishera said:

Also black color in Spanish is negro

Well yeah, but presumably you're not playing with South America in the US or Spain/Portugal in Europe. It'd have to be region specific.

And then you think about how when Netflix had reviews (they might still have them) you couldn't use the word Netflix in the review, or Battlefield 5's weird censoring thing.

It's a sad day when I actually long for the COD multiplayer lobbies of old full of 12 year olds talking about banging your mom.

#Muricaparrotgang

On 4/9/2021 at 9:09 AM, suicidalfranco said:

If the English has to be such mine field of words you can't say, can we just give the international language title to Spanish or French

Not with negro in their dictionary, no.

#Muricaparrotgang

7 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Well yeah, but presumably you're not playing with South America in the US or Spain/Portugal in Europe. It'd have to be region specific.

And then you think about how when Netflix had reviews (they might still have them) you couldn't use the word Netflix in the review, or Battlefield 5's weird censoring thing.

It's a sad day when I actually long for the COD multiplayer lobbies of old full of 12 year olds talking about banging your mom.

eh it depends, a lot of people switch lobbies

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

16 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

eh it depends, a lot of people switch lobbies

I always muted them all.

I really liked playing Modern Warfare 2 and 3,I was really good at it too 😄

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

On 4/8/2021 at 5:45 PM, spartaman64 said:

msedge_oBvZK8eSRw.png

source: https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/8/22373290/intel-bleep-ai-powered-abuse-toxicity-gaming-filters

I have my doubts about how well the software will work. Like if I say to someone "great play you are the shit" will that get filtered out and they think I was insulting them? Toxicity in games is definitely a problem but I'm not sure this is the solution. Also some of these filters are for concepts that are a lot more abstract than I think the AI would be able to understand. 

Someone also pointed out that this would be nice for streamers if they want to bring on guests or have TTS donations enabled as an extra layer of security.

No thanks I actually enjoy hearing people having a mental breakdown because a 5 year old killed them in fortnite

On 4/9/2021 at 3:09 PM, Vishera said:

Also black color in Spanish is negro

It's also a (great) candy here

Negro Candy - 9GAG

And as far as i know, the term negro (towards black people) is neutral, neither offensive or praising

6 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

And as far as i know, the term negro (towards black people) is neutral, neither offensive or praising

It's offensive in the United States for some reason.

As a European i don't understand why people in the US are so easily offended.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

14 hours ago, TheReal1980 said:

I can see where this is headed.

I bet all big social media platforms that use audio for communication will have this implemented, then big tech will literally have the power to automatically block you from saying things they don't like.

The future looks better and better.

We will have a dictionary of banned words soon.

2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Not with negro in their dictionary, no.

i don't see the issue, it's just a color

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 hours ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

Because of context. Literately anything used to oppress african-americans usually had 'negro' in it up until the 60's. Basically anyone who uses it after 1980, instead of "african-american" is a racist assclown who needs a time-out. A recent example of this is an American senator who used it regarding Obama.

If you're unable to see why it's unacceptable to use several 'n' words, then you really should stay off social media, because you'll get roasted and/or canceled for it.

9 hours ago, Kisai said:

Because of context. Literately anything used to oppress african-americans usually had 'negro' in it up until the 60's. Basically anyone who uses it after 1980, instead of "african-american" is a racist assclown who needs a time-out. A recent example of this is an American senator who used it regarding Obama.

If you're unable to see why it's unacceptable to use several 'n' words, then you really should stay off social media, because you'll get roasted and/or canceled for it.

yeah, if you are in the US, where do you apply that context in the rest of the latin speakin world, Should i except everyone that i meet for the first time to assume i'm "african-american" from the get go. 

Find it laughable that americans have to even tribalize their nationality

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

14 hours ago, PlayerLoler said:

No thanks I actually enjoy hearing people having a mental breakdown because a 5 year old killed them in fortnite

actually, give me an AI that auto mutes people with a voice above a certain pitch, of which can be set on a slider. then i can mute all the kids screaming through their mic

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

32 minutes ago, Arika S said:

actually, give me an AI that auto mutes people with a voice above a certain pitch, of which can be set on a slider. then i can mute all the kids screaming through their mic

130227204_msedge_oBvZK8eSRw(1).thumb.png.0136247e0fbdf05516833e25e05e0e9c.png

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

35 minutes ago, Arika S said:

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

130227204_msedge_oBvZK8eSRw(1).thumb.png.0136247e0fbdf05516833e25e05e0e9c.png

Yeah - replace screaming kids with a high-pitched beep, that'll be so much better...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

15 hours ago, Vishera said:

It's offensive in the United States for some reason.

As a European i don't understand why people in the US are so easily offended.

image.thumb.png.5608021cfd0c9ed46bbf18894fbf16d5.png

Wikipedia

12 hours ago, Kisai said:

because you'll get roasted and/or canceled for it.

nah that's not happening any time soon, i don't live in the kind of country that would do this to me

21 hours ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

It's also a (great) candy here

Negro Candy - 9GAG

After slavery ended they wanted to get away from the word that will get me banned, so they started calling themselves negroes. Presumably because it means black in a multitude of languages, I'm not really sure. Somewhere in that transition was Colored. Anyway, it's what they started calling themselves, then at some point they decided they wanted to distance themselves from that so they went with black. Then they wanted to distance themselves from that and started saying African-American.

I'm unsure of the general consensus of POC within the black/African/POC community. It's now considered "PC," but I think much like Redskins it offends white people more than the people being affected. If you ask me "Colored people" and "People of color" are pretty much identical, except POC has anyone who isn't white fall under it's blanket rather than just blacks. Seems more like an "Us vs. ...the others" than anything, but hey, I'm not all for dividing people based on race, so what do I know.

It's all very weird and confusing.

20 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

i don't see the issue, it's just a color

^

Agreed, but people are dumb. It's all different names for the same thing.

#Muricaparrotgang

It's a good thing and not mandatory though questionable why we need sliders for things that should be black & white in reaching a decision.

Lame joke incoming:
Wait a minute, so if gamers words will be bleeped out, that means non-gamers can still cuss and swear however they like. Am I right?

On a serious note. At least this new innovation isn't as worse as Playstation parties voice chat being recorded just for reporting sound playback purposes.

8 hours ago, JZStudios said:

started saying African-American.

which is dumb because there's nothing African about them.

I mean yeah sure they have African ancestry, but that's pretty far away.

In that case i could call myself a European-South American (Latino?) because i have 1 relative from 200 years ago was from there.

8 hours ago, JZStudios said:

"Colored people" and "People of color"

that's also dumb, aren't we all colored?

Light is the absence of color, so unless you know someone who literally blinds people (or maybe the invisible man) then no, that term is dumb

Really these terms are more like "positive racism", since it's still labelling people

Black is no color, white is all the color, weird how stupid humans are though when we are all humans.

On 4/8/2021 at 11:49 AM, JLO64 said:

Can I just say that I find it hilarious that in 2021, gamers have a toggle for the n-word.

Its almost like shotty people exist regardless of what year it is. Color me surprised. You give people the ability to be anonymous and they will say toxic stuff that they normally wouldn't outside. 

6 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Its almost like shotty people exist regardless of what year it is. Color me surprised. You give people the ability to be anonymous and they will say toxic stuff that they normally wouldn't outside. 

They will say it regardless if they are anonymous or not. The only difference is that one can potentially gatekeep you from a career that deals with people, and the other is disposable.

9 hours ago, Kisai said:

They will say it regardless if they are anonymous or not. The only difference is that one can potentially gatekeep you from a career that deals with people, and the other is disposable.

Not really true in alot of cases. People say things that they wouldn't say in real life over the internet when they can be anonymous. If you think they go out in public and say the same thing as well I would say you are naive. Sure some might but a large percentage won't.