Intel offering AI software to bleep out gamer words

spartaman64
1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

Not really true in alot of cases. People say things that they wouldn't say in real life over the internet when they can be anonymous. If you think they go out in public and say the same thing as well I would say you are naive. Sure some might but a large percentage won't.

image.png.fe25d454d82a02764fa7be712785d992.png

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I don't understand why some people think that this is such a bad thing. Is it really that bad to not want to hear racial slurs every time you want to play an online game. Not really a shocker that people don't like being called slurs. If anyone does use it they will probably just mute the person being bleeped out and just have the bleep on so they don't have to hear whatever they are saying.

2 minutes ago, GravityHurts said:

I don't understand why some people think that this is such a bad thing. Is it really that bad to not want to hear racial slurs every time you want to play an online game. Not really a shocker that people don't like being called slurs. If anyone does use it they will probably just mute the person being bleeped out and just have the bleep on so they don't have to hear whatever they are saying.

Yeah tbh if someone is being annoying and toxic I just mute them. Honestly I mute people who aren't toxic all the time simply because they are annoying or distracting. The ability to mute people in games is such a nice option tbh. Granted I haven't encountered much toxicity when gaming to begin with in voice. Sure it happens every once in a while but I find it rare and even then it usually doesn't involve racial slurs. Probably has something to do with the game i play costing money so if you get banned for saying racial slurs in voice you are out money. 

This would be useful for streamers perhaps but I feel like many will decide to just keep other's mics muted to the stream since that will always be the safest bet.

As for personal use, idk honestly. I feel like if you get offended so easily then you may want to either choose who you play with like a group of friends or maybe look for something else to play.

I personally don't really get offended by stupid stuff like this. If someone spurs racist stuff I just mute them and, if someone insults my skill, I either prove them wrong or if I know I'm bad, then I'll just own up to it and joke about it.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

I need this for work because the Chinese say that all the time lol. 

Spoiler

Before you go nuts, in mandarin it's some kind of "fill"-word such as "Uhm" in other languages. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

16 hours ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

which is dumb because there's nothing African about them.

I mean yeah sure they have African ancestry, but that's pretty far away.

In that case i could call myself a European-South American (Latino?) because i have 1 relative from 200 years ago was from there.

I have questioned for a few years if black people in other countries are African-British or African-French.

If you do the math, slavery was abolished 156 years ago, since most Africans were brought over as slaves sold by the tribe leaders, that means they have at minimum ~150 years of lineage being entirely in the US. Why aren't white people British-American?

16 hours ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

that's also dumb, aren't we all colored?

Light is the absence of color, so unless you know someone who literally blinds people (or maybe the invisible man) then no, that term is dumb

Really these terms are more like "positive racism", since it's still labelling people

Melanin.

Incorrect, light is wavelengths of energy. Typically what we call light contains the visible light spectrum, i.e. all of the colors. It's also important to distinguish between light and color. I should probably know more about it, but light and color don't act the same. Red light is just the red wavelength of light. Red color absorbs all of the other wavelengths and reflects red. Same with black. In light terms, black is the absence of light. In color, black absorbs all the wavelengths of light, which is why it's hotter as it's absorbing energy.

With light, you mix all the wavelenths and you get white, or close enough. With color, you get a gross muddy brown.

Pretty much. But just calling them people is somehow insulting.

#Muricaparrotgang

4 hours ago, Arika S said:

image.png.fe25d454d82a02764fa7be712785d992.png

You got to give props to that kid though. At least he isn't backing down.

#Muricaparrotgang

56 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I have questioned for a few years if black people in other countries are African-British or African-French.

If you do the math, slavery was abolished 156 years ago, since most Africans were brought over as slaves sold by the tribe leaders, that means they have at minimum ~150 years of lineage being entirely in the US. Why aren't white people British-American?

Africa isn't a country though, it's an entire continent, same goes for europe.

So saying African-French isn't exactly the same.

Best example would be indians (in the UK) or British people in India saying they are Asian-European (or more commonly, Eurasian)

Melanin.

Incorrect, light is wavelengths of energy. Typically what we call light contains the visible light spectrum, i.e. all of the colors. It's also important to distinguish between light and color. I should probably know more about it, but light and color don't act the same. Red light is just the red wavelength of light. Red color absorbs all of the other wavelengths and reflects red. Same with black. In light terms, black is the absence of light. In color, black absorbs all the wavelengths of light, which is why it's hotter as it's absorbing energy.

With light, you mix all the wavelenths and you get white, or close enough. With color, you get a gross muddy brown.

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Because "white" isn't entirely British. "White" brits are more like WASP (White Angelo Saxon Protestant), which are typically those who are born into the ruling class of North Western Europe, USA, Canada, Australia. The irony is that this excludes red-hair groups (Irish, Scottish, Welsh) , since they're also a discriminated class in the UK.

7 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Not really true in alot of cases. People say things that they wouldn't say in real life over the internet when they can be anonymous. If you think they go out in public and say the same thing as well I would say you are naive. Sure some might but a large percentage won't.

You give people too much credit, especially children and teens. Look at how real-name policies don't stop anyone from posting hate speech on the internet, but it does come back and get them fired unless they're a politician.

22 hours ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

Africa isn't a country though, it's an entire continent, same goes for europe.

So saying African-French isn't exactly the same.

Best example would be indians (in the UK) or British people in India saying they are Asian-European (or more commonly, Eurasian)

Well that doesn't equate then, because African-American either denotes the US itself, or North/South America. But considering only South Americans use the term just as "American" for both north and south, the logical explanation is it's intending the US. Do black Canadians get called African-American then?

22 hours ago, Kisai said:

The irony is that this excludes red-hair groups (Irish, Scottish, Welsh) , since they're also a discriminated class in the UK.

Good luck starting Ginger Lives Matter.

#Muricaparrotgang

56 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Well that doesn't equate then, because African-American either denotes the US itself, or North/South America. But considering only South Americans use the term just as "American" for both north and south, the logical explanation is it's intending the US. Do black Canadians get called African-American then?

Good luck starting Ginger Lives Matter.

yup i completely forgot about "America is USA" thing, but in that case i'd consider it as North America and yes, Canada would have the same fate.

Ginger Lives Matter, LMAO, no one is gonna respect Gingers