Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter
3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I merged your suggestion to the mega thread.

Thank you. Just joined so I didn't know this was here.

When I saw this video the first thing I thought of was "Damn, Linus needs to check this out!".

It's at the 4:27 video mark including a panel gap.

My idea for a video is DNA storage, how information can be stored in DNA and how it could affect the future if it even can. Maybe works as a tech circuit as it explains how it works or maybe as a ltt video where you guys try to do it as but it costs around 1300$ for a gb of storage

Do a video about how to trouble shoot, because most new PC builders dont kno whow to

I think you should try AC cooling a pc but put the pc in a case so you can pull a vacuum. This should in theory stop the condensation so you can run the chiller flat out. Maybe use the wireless graphics card and a jackery so you can pretty much completely seal up apart from the AC Lines.

Wanted to submit an idea for a video, could we see how much LTT merch Linus and family actually use in their home?  He very obviously uses the clothing and water bottles, but what about things like the towels or notebooks?  In a lot of industries there's an idea of "eating your own dog food", meaning to use your own products wherever applicable.  It'd be cool to see how Linus and even others in LMG use the products and which ones they use.  Thanks!

Hey, I would love to see something on high capacity battery phones 8000mAh + , I see obscure brands like Oukitel offering 21000mAh phones... and others like ulephone and blackview with 10000mah, 13200mah , there's even a brand called "dodgee" 

I think this would be a very entertaining video. cheers from Aus.

I would like to see the claim that static electricity can damage or destroy a motherboard / computer tested. There are even these anti-static wristbands available for sale that supposedly prevents this. There is a machine called a van der Graaf generator that will create large amounts of static electricity and sparks. Here is a youtube video of how to build one: 

You could have a computer without a case running and then make these sparks hit the motherboard to see what happens. 

do a video ticking this box and reviewing how well amazon can fit different productsimage.thumb.png.1eb2019360b35a56db2a5ebd2298d022.png

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

4 hours ago, UnevenAirtime said:

I would like to see the claim that static electricity can damage or destroy a motherboard / computer tested.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I would love to see a comparison between perfomance drops of antiviruses

Hello,

We are an organization that runs a non-profit network (AS57406).

I've heard that there are many ISPs in North America, and the smaller ones even serve a few cities or villages. I guess currently LTT uses the network provided by other isp. So why not become an ISP? Some network service providers provide BGP Session on their network, which is the easiest way. You can also choose a local loop to connect the office and the data center, and connect the upstream  provider in the data center. In this way, you can use your own IP address to surf the Internet, and you can also get a higher quality network (especially for cross-continent connections).

There are many ways to obtain the AS number and IP address, the simplest is request one from American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN). If you need help, fell free to send a email to me.

Regards,

Tim Kevin

Zero Distance LLC 

admin@lyyousa.net

+1 515-519-2199

Car stereo replacement units running custom versions of Android seem to be getting more popular. This could be a segment for Jake since Eonon sells units in North America specifically made for BMW's.

I've been using one in my E90 for about a year now, and spoilers it's not great but it a decent upgrade for anyone running a stock stereo.

Aliexpress listing

• also look for PX5, of PX6 when searching Aliexpress or other chinese sites

Eonon homepage

For custom android images search the XDA forums for PX5 or PX6

I know FPGAs have been mentioned multiple in the videos. But they have never been fully been explained.

I just learned that FPGAs are being used in Allen & Heath live audio mixers. It would be awesome to see a video explaining FPGAs and where they can be found in the wild.

I know you guys don't do much content like this, but my dad was one of the founders of a little company called Connectix that did a bunch of software back in the day like RAM doubler, Virtual Gamestation, and Virtual PC. His team did a lot of groundbreaking stuff with emulation back in the day. If you ever wanted to do an interview or something, maybe on techquicky, I'm sure he'd be down for it!

Hello LTT team,

I'd really like to see a video where you show the "minimum cooler required" for certain CPUs.
This probably is not interesting for high-end builds, since at those prices, you can afford to buy yourself an NH-D15 and more, but for e.g. 13600k? is a small tower cooler from a no-name brand enough to keep it cool even during boost? Could I go even cheaper?

I think this would be interesting as a video and as a data point from labs.

Idea for Dennis for channel super fun

So we have seen Linus ignoring ads on regular basis, how about you change some pieces in his house for LTT sponsors? Paintings, pictures, clocks, desktop wallpaper, clothes, everything! Lest see how far it will go

I'd love a video where the lab does an indepth look into the issue of PSU and GPU coil whine. I got back into building my own PC this year after many years of console & apple use only, and have now been through four PSUs, and I'm just about to RMA my third GPU due to really intrusive coil whine. Looking at forums it seems many people are struggling with this issue as gaming PCs have got more powerful but it's a nightmare to investigate in any details by swapping out the odd part, whereas I think this is the perfect situation for the lab team to look into. 

Just saw the first bit of one of the latest videos.  I would argue for the Altair, which wasn’t windows but it was Microsoft. Teen Bill Gates in his mom’s basement microsoft but microsoft.  Specifically the moment when he was explaining that the Altair was printing out it’s memory size.  No one had gotten a consumer micro computer to DO anything before. It was a box with switches on it. More useless than the useless machine…And here it was suddenly running a fricken printer. The grinches heart grew three sizes that day  People haven’t gotten quantum computers to do much yet.  They’re farther along than microcomputers were though.  Imagine wearing a quantum computer on your wrist and being able to read the most secret government documents with a wave of your hand.  People don’t know what they got.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

How many disguises can Dennis steal from his co-workers and Linus won't notice?