Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

dear mr LTT  i have enjoyed the shows you put up for awhile now and wanted to thankyou for the info and everything you do :).

i also have something i think would be fun to review for you and would be interested in the thoughts you have about it.

please follow this links to the products

https://www.newegg.com/p/2AM-00HH-00016?Item=9SIARHAC7D9973&nspcid=249735&nspgid=249736

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811129240?Item=N82E16811129240

it would be nice if these were reviewed that it was a surprize to linus on the day and didnt see it before hand lol.

happy youtubing to you all @LTT 

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here I go.

I've been looking for a decent 1440p 120hz or 144hz monitor and amazon is full of a bunch of different ones, cheaper and more expensive alike, but it's a pain trying to find one that actually fits the criteria and doesn't cost 500+ euro.

LTT did a "cheapest 1440p 144hz monitor" a while ago and that was really cool but all we see now is a video from Linus every 1-2 weeks about a newest and greatest monitor of all time. 

I would love to see a round-up of a couple of affordable 1440p high refresh-rate monitors. It would be even better if all of them had different features like g-sync vs g-sync compatible, 27" vs 25" vs 32", ips vs va vs tn etc.

Video where you'd read and react to some of the most funny and cringey messages from the "fans" who have tried to contact Linus / LTT / LTT staffers via various channels  in general to beg for free PCs and stuff like that. 

" 50 ways how to not beg for free PC from Linus" 

On 10/16/2020 at 10:08 AM, pythonmegapixel said:

They already tried that (well on a full-sized SD, but it's really the same concept so there would be no point in doing it again)

This is a bad example of doing so

I'd like to see a video talking about the impact different software that usually runs in the background has on gaming performance. For example: Impact of Discord vs. TeamSpeak or especially AVs. A comparison like Kaspersky vs. Bitdefender vs. Norton vs. ... and perhaps even go into free vs. paid for.

I have a suggestion for TechQuickie.

"Why do Win32 apps leave so much junk behind when you uninstall them? And why Microsoft doesn't incentivizes developers to make their apps' files stay in the same place?"

Long live portable apps.

Use the Transparent TV to replace the broken screen on a Microsoft Surface Hub 55" (v1).

I will provide said Microsoft Surface Hub 55" (v1) with a borked screen (see img).

You can keep it if you want, but I'd love to get it back to hang on the wall next to the hot tub...

20201016_093146.jpg

On 10/20/2020 at 10:51 PM, sparkitect said:

Use the Transparent TV to replace the broken screen on a Microsoft Surface Hub 55" (v1).

P.S. This is totally an Alex project, no?

P.P.S. I've removed the broken screen to make it easier to ship. Here's the tear-down video: 

57 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Sketchy coolers proposal: A standard AIO cooler or watercooling loop but filled with Galinstan (eutectic, nontoxic liquid metal, basically Conductonaut) instead of water. I believe that would be interesting.

Even better, work with Tech Ingridients and use magnetohydrodynamic pump. Go full on nuclear sub.

Hello LTT-Forum-Community. This is my first post in the Forum, after watching every LTT-Video I now decided to join you.

"My" idea:

Once in a WAN-Show Linus and Luke talked about the YouTube algorythm. (Sorry, this is long ago, I don't know which WAN-Show it was)

Linus had the Idea to set up several virtual machines, make a new Google-Account on all of them and then activate autoplay and click on the first recommended YouTube-Video.

It would be very interesting to see what the YouTube-algorythm is playing on the different machines after a week or so.

I bet it won't be neutral, it will be political, onesided and/or problematic.

I love this idea and I would like to see it realised by LTT.

On 10/21/2020 at 2:40 AM, Saearrin said:

I have a suggestion for TechQuickie.

"Why do Win32 apps leave so much junk behind when you uninstall them? And why Microsoft doesn't incentivizes developers to make their apps' files stay in the same place?"

Long live portable apps.

Already done, kind of:

On 10/19/2020 at 9:13 AM, PeachGr said:

Nvidia 3090

Well it's not a hardware review suggestion, but a thought. As a big leap in tech that this GPU is, I think the gamers are the last to get it. First are the bitcoin farmers, then people that render (like Pixar), the hackers and in the end gamers.

You always benchmark games that honestly, don't use the full potential of the current line up of GPU, at least not yet. Can you compare 2080 vs 3090 on business perspective? For example watts per frame (blender), time per frame (blender), bitcoins per watt, I honestly don't know what is the advantage on password generators I m not Anthony.

The story is "when will gamers get their hand on?". New GPUs processing power is a big selling point, so do Nvidia really aiming gamers? 

It makes no sense to farm Bitcoin on a GPU, maybe other Cryptocurrencys, but not Bitcoin.

And why should miners, "hackers" and others be previleged? You shouldn't say this without providing any evidence...

Yeah, maybe important partners and the biggest customers like governments or the Nvidia-Management itself have privileges, but others? I don't think so.

On 3/20/2019 at 9:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

I don't know anyone has suggested this yet but please tell me there are plans to review and tare down that new Atari VCS. I doubt I'll get one but it would be an interesting watch.

On 10/20/2020 at 8:47 PM, Furiku said:

Video where you'd read and react to some of the most funny and cringey messages from the "fans" who have tried to contact Linus / LTT / LTT staffers via various channels  in general to beg for free PCs and stuff like that. 

" 50 ways how to not beg for free PC from Linus" 

There's one pretty famous Russian Youtuber who, to punish those beggers, tells them he'll send them a super cool system on Core i9 competely for free (they just have to pay the postage), and actually sends them a completely garbage PC (on Pentium 4 or Athlon 64 or similar), making a video on this PC build :)

I'd love to see some slightly more technical content. How about this: if you compile Chromium or Firefox with march=native and with all possible flags enabled (to take advantage of AVX instructions, for example), will this compiled browser perform any better that the stock one?

so i had this idea for like a sub zero cooling project so basically the premise was that the water to refrigerant interface in your cooler was kinda inefficient so i thought what if you directly cool the cpu with the refrigerant.
now i realise that this is a very highly risky janky and probably expensive project but i think it might be able to deliver close to liquid n2 cooling(idk dont quote me) so heres the plan, you remember those outdoor units for the air conditioning project at your home, get something similiar to those that has like a direct valve connecting to the refrigerant lines. take a copper pipe from that and bend it somewhat into a pc cooler(this is the jank part) make a custom mounting system or smthn with insulation and pray to the gods of sub zero that it doesnt have condensation then directly connect it to the external ac unit and cool your cpu with that.
kinda like that sub-zero cooling case but with a much massive compressor radiator and all the other goodies

(p.s. you could reuse the cpu block from that case if you can properly connect it to the external units which should make the project waaaaaaay less jankier)

Following the All MSI build I would like to see a video with different cases that have 1000 watt power supplies and running the RTX 3080.  This is a time for many to look at upgrades and I would venture to say many would have felt that the MSI case that was in this video would have been more than adequate to handle the heat this system was generating. 

14 hours ago, jsm36 said:

Already done, kind of:

Weird, had no idea this existed, even though I'm subscribed for years. Guess I got Youtube'd out of a notification.

Thanks.

i have an idea for a review,

what about Intel 11th gen with Xe Vs. Intel Hades canyon nuc with Vega GPU ?

A two years old product vs 11th gen graphic... was it the right decision ?

there were also laptops with this version not only a NUC: 

- HP Spectre x360

- Dell XPS 15 9575 

I would love to see a video on the best gaming pc for world of warcraft I feel like all the builds I see are always aimed at shooters, rts and strategy games

18 minutes ago, Shikimori said:

I would love to see a video on the best gaming pc for world of warcraft I feel like all the builds I see are always aimed at shooters, rts and strategy games

They just don't feature it in their videos LOL. They just use those cause they are the most graphically or processor demanding even with the RTX cards i believe. 

I feel like you guys should do a unedited video with out music but leave everything that you guys do i the video and Meade it a long video. This is just a thought.

A review of the Dell Chromebook 11 3189 so that my school district will be convinced to get us better models.

Yes, it has a touchscreen and 2-in-1 capabilities.

But it's HEAVY.

And sometimes the touchscreen bugs out.

And sometimes the 2GB of RAM it has isn't sufficient to do much because Chrome eats memory faster than my younger brother eats chocolate cake.

And don't get me started on blocking the Adblock extension.

Or you could do an update on your Larrabee graphics card.

That could be fun.

elephants