Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

I have an idea for a weird build, a workstation/gaming pc that switches between using two gpus.

The idea is to have a quadro gpu and a normal one in one rig but only one of them actually working at the time eihter by disabling pcie slot in bios or by using some weird ryser splitter that can switch between them. Probably will also require booting from different copies of windows one with game ready driver and one with other. just turn off your pc after workd day, flip a switch and boot into gaming. Since it constantly mentioned that workloads do benefit from quadro but building 2 pcs is still additional expenses.

7 minutes ago, MaxFrei4 said:

I have an idea for a weird build, a workstation/gaming pc that switches between using two gpus.

The idea is to have a quadro gpu and a normal one in one rig but only one of them actually working at the time eihter by disabling pcie slot in bios or by using some weird ryser splitter that can switch between them. Probably will also require booting from different copies of windows one with game ready driver and one with other. just turn off your pc after workd day, flip a switch and boot into gaming. Since it constantly mentioned that workloads do benefit from quadro but building 2 pcs is still additional expenses.

this would be my dream video my system i want has a p4000 and a 3080 ti/super and a 5900 and i would want to switch back and fourth between 3d design/rendering an gaming

Yesterday I bought an Alcatel 3X (2020), 6GB RAM and 128GB of storage for only 189€, and although it's Alcatel, it feels like a flagship in a few aspects and I found it pretty snappy. Would be interesting for Linus to review

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Building a PC with the best PRICE to Performance ratio.

48 minutes ago, Ujee said:

Building a PC with the best PRICE to Performance ratio.

Ummm... Linus has done that loads of times???

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

I would love to see a video where they compare mid range audio receivers (using HDMI switching) to see what models add the least input lag.

I want to set up a gaming PC in the living room, but I’m afraid it’s going to add noticeable input lag.  I know you can skip using the receiver as an HDMI switcher, but I want to keep the setup easy for the rest of the family to use.

Something else that I’ve never anyone compare is the GUI of 4K receivers.  I have a 2 year old Onkyo with 4K switching, and it has a 480 res menu.  

Thanks for the great videos.

2 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Ummm... Linus has done that loads of times???

I think @Ujee  wants to say that Linus should do one based on his market region (India) and not the US and Canada (which is majority of LMG's audience)

Hey y’all. 

I have the Xbox one X cyberpunk version and think it would be a sick video idea if you can take this Xbox and somehow install the insides from a Xbox one series S or series X into it. 

Thoughts?!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-one-x-1tb-console-cyberpunk-2077-limited-edition-bundle/94ffrq8swhzd?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive

Please review the new Raspberry Pi 400 as a cheep alternative for kids doing homeschooling today! 

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-400/?resellerType=home&variant=raspberry-pi-400-us-kit

That's pretty neat... but in terms of review it'll be no different from a normal Pi4 and keyboard...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

On 10/9/2020 at 12:45 AM, Saearrin said:

I remember seeing something along those lines a long time ago, don't remember where tho. Even the PSU was "watercooled".

I captioned this earlier today

Oh_no.png

decagear-case-5-1021x580.jpg

any chance linus could take a look at this?

it has the same displays as the hp reverb g2 (2160x2160 90hz) and the fov is going to be around 112-117.

they are going to send out a "blogger" version for testing in the following months.

oh and the price is 450$

https://www.deca.net/decagear/

50 minutes ago, TOMPPIX said:

decagear-case-5-1021x580.jpg

any chance linus could take a look at this?

it has the same displays as the hp reverb g2 (2160x2160 90hz) and the fov is going to be around 112-117.

they are going to send out a "blogger" version for testing in the following months.

oh and the price is 450$

https://www.deca.net/decagear/

TBH I think Linus is getting bored of testing VR headsets lol 

35 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

TBH I think Linus is getting bored of testing VR headsets lol 

I'm hoping he tackles the new quest 2 in more than riley's snark about facebook.  I'd like a breakdown of how it is, and exactly what it's costing etc.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

I'd like to see a Google vs Microsoft business case comparison.

Google has started making alot of interesting changes in a bad way. Hangouts > Chat

Microsoft is expensive + teams and video services are not reliable yet.

is it possible for linus to make a pc build 

an amd fx 9590 and an hd 7870 i wanna see its bechmarks in games and stuff 

also could anthony be part of this we love anthony

Edited by suggestiguess
forgot to add anthony

Can we get a build for graphic design/game design/modeling/rendering? I figure it might be similar to a gaming build, but I'm not well-versed in better options for the development of games rather than gaming itself.

Thanks!

On 3/20/2019 at 10:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Make all wireless setup, wireless charging instead of batteries if possible.

On 10/30/2020 at 9:54 PM, the gamer that is bad said:

this would be my dream video my system i want has a p4000 and a 3080 ti/super and a 5900 and i would want to switch back and fourth between 3d design/rendering an gaming

please i have no clue if this would work i do 3d molding gaming video editing and am going to start making a game could you please do a video on this

Collaborate with Canadian YouTuber DJMedic2008(also know as RCSparks Studio on YouTube) and do like an FPV crawler using a motion sim or something cool like that.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

This would probably be one of the most random video suggestions yet but... You could make a PC that cools itself by Making Coffee! (using CPU and/or GPU heat to boil water for coffee like in a percolator). It would definitely be pushing thermal limits but it would be cool (in the sunglasses sense, not the temperature sense) and memeable!

3 minutes ago, Collin_S said:

This would probably be one of the most random video suggestions yet but... You could make a PC that cools itself by Making Coffee! (using CPU and/or GPU heat to boil water for coffee like in a percolator). It would definitely be pushing thermal limits but it would be cool (in the sunglasses sense, not the temperature sense) and memeable!

just do it with an old pc

Idea for a video. Build a bad ass computer and seal it in a time capsule for a future generation to see how we game etc now.

A video showing how far Ryzen has come would be cool.
(For Ex. 1800x vs 5800x) (1600x vs 5600x) 
Also a comparison of a ryzen 3 1200 vs a 5950x would be pretty funny.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570