Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Here is an idea:

How well could a old(ish) home theater receiver act as a DAC or even as a gaming surround setup via HDMI (or for a real challenge, Optical!)

Even when it is a blind mirror'd to receive the surround signal

Hey LMG, thank you for great content! I have a video suggestion for you.

How about making a video about old, but fun and relatively uncovered by media tech - 802.11ad WiGiG, and its installation to some generic device? I authored one of the few guides on the subject, and can provide technical details, parts advice and help troubleshoot the setup if any problems arise, if the idea strikes your interest.

How about a COVID stimulus check build for your NA neighbors? I'd like to see a three-way Cyberpunk build-off: one Intel, one AMD and one console, all under $600. 

There's a KFC branded cooler master "console" with a i9 nuc and a rtx gpu. AND a built in chicken warmer. I feel like I need this in my life, but I need a review of it from my favorite tech youtuber first ;)

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

On 3/20/2019 at 2:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

I wonder if Linus could do a tour of Whites Studios, there in Vancouver. They have a lot of cool tech they rent to movie productions in Vancouver. It might be fun to check out their high end cameras and power and lighting systems. https://whites.com/contacts-and-locations

On 3/20/2019 at 2:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

I wonder if Linus could do a tour of Whites Studios, there in Vancouver. They have a lot of cool tech they rent to movie productions in Vancouver. It might be fun to check out their high end cameras and power and lighting systems. https://whites.com/contacts-and-locations

Make your own watercooler, with 3D printing???

Using a combination of plastic and metal, with something used for sealing.

Make or try others watercooled motherboards.

Partner up with some hardware locations into a gaming arena with covid distances and have a christmas and local tournament, jk.

On 3/21/2019 at 5:16 AM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions!

I am considering doing this myself and it occurred to me that it would make a cool vid.

Take a kraken Z and rig it up with hardline tubing, big rads and a gpu block for an epic build.

On 3/21/2019 at 5:16 AM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions!

take the east motherboard you can find and make an acrylic and copper monoblock covering the whole board. that would look insane. you can also incorporate tonnes of rgb if alex is good enough.

18 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

athlon 3000g and rtx 3090 see the raytracing performance 

1up that. get a salvage pc from freegeek and chuck a 2090 in it.

Can we cover the KFC Gaming/Cooler Master colab found here?
https://wccftech.com/kfc-kfconsole-gaming-launch/?fbclid=IwAR0gMez4wrnDRN-1d-3irEWCWNJ92YVgq_wBO5SXuRf6Sa4LLHbzWL8vW08

It has a CHICKEN WARMER in it.

Linus trying to fix a rog strix x570-f motherboard with trace damage on the pcb

Make a full build using all the previous janky equipment like the laptop processors in a desktop motherboard, laptop ram to desktop ram, the super cheap custom water cooling loop, the mining cards with hacked drivers, etc. Then see how well it does price to performance wise. 

This would be a tremendously boring video, but I would like to see a test of "How hot is too hot?" for CPUs and GPUs.

Rig 3 identical machines with different cooling, and leave them running a stress test with one at 50C, one at 70C and one at 95C and give us a time lapse to see which one fails first.

I bet they are all fine for way longer than the average person will use them.

9 hours ago, charlie_root said:

Rig 3 identical machines with different cooling, and leave them running a stress test with one at 50C, one at 70C and one at 95C and give us a time lapse to see which one fails first.

I think the logistics of filming something running continuously for 10 years might get tricky...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Hello. First time posting here, I created an account for this video suggestion. Sorry if it's been created or pitched already.

Lately, I have started watching your videos while working out on an exercise bike. It's one of those bikes that uses a dynamo to convert the mechanical energy from your pedaling to electrical energy to run the exercise tracking hardware. And while I was doing this and watching your videos about building a computer, I had the thought of combining the two.

Here's the video idea: Build a computer that uses a dynamo or similar generator to power itself from the user peddling or doing something to physically power the machine.

I have no engineering or computer science background, so I don't know how usable the finished product would be. But it would certainly make for an interesting and hilarious video watching someone frantically save their work or game before their legs give out.

6 hours ago, TiredBails said:

Here's the video idea: Build a computer that uses a dynamo or similar generator to power itself from the user peddling or doing something to physically power the machine.

Is this what you are looking for?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Has LTT group ever done a router's comparison video in the last year? I'm looking for a direct comparison with the CPU (speed, cores) / RAM in the router to see if it makes a difference for the network and latency for the server. Mostly just talking hardwired LAN for gaming. How much does it matter on the device. If so, What is the current fastest on the market.

Also some extra details on all the extra software with some routers would be nice.

Does Netduma OS really help gaming?
Does putting a console in a DMZ really help anything?
Does cable type matter (like does low profile (flat) vs twisted matter?).
Is a giga switch a router just with cheap parts?
How bad is each router's support.
Does Port Forwarding help (open NAT etc)

Everything about routers would help a ton for me.

2 hours ago, zeusthemoose said:

Is this what you are looking for?

So it has been done. Must have missed that video a couple years ago. Thanks for the reply!

Saw this in Lazada, local online shop here in the Philippines owned by Alibaba. This is a legit pc running full windows (based on reviews). Intel Celeron, 8 gigs of ram and 512 gb of storage. Haha wasn’t able to buy one but it would be fun to see you test this. Lol. Here is the link:

https://s.lazada.com.ph/s.1TIGF

CPU : Intel Celeron N4100

RAM : 8GB

SSD: 512 GB

WIFI

556EE229-C338-4B7F-B46F-963DA7A22CA6.png

04279872-5758-4D73-B349-E347E1B5B6EE.png

Just now, Newbie0826 said:

Saw this in Lazada, local online shop here in the Philippines owned by Alibaba. This is a legit pc running full windows (based on reviews). Intel Celeron, 8 gigs of ram and 512 gb of storage. Haha wasn’t able to buy one but it would be fun to see you test this. Lol. Here is the link:

https://s.lazada.com.ph/s.1TIGF

CPU : Intel Celeron N4100

RAM : 8GB

SSD: 512 GB

WIFI

556EE229-C338-4B7F-B46F-963DA7A22CA6.png

04279872-5758-4D73-B349-E347E1B5B6EE.png

AQAZ Super Mini PC