Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Scrapyard Wars :
Linus and Luke can only help , if specifically asked , a non tech person to build a PC.

Same fixed budget and benchmark and everything

A video where the cameraman/editors write and host the video, while Linus has to both shoot and edit the video and publish the videos as is Linus edited/shot it without any help

Make this a real video:

WAN SHOW RECOMMENDATION

@LinusTech @Slick - ADD TOPIC TIME STAMPS PLEASE!!!!

Edit - SOONER!

CPU: Intel i5-9600k | MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite z390 | RAM: 16gb (4 x 4gb) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti | Storage: 500gb Samsung 860 vNand SSD x2 & 1tb WD Caviar Blue HDD

Chassis: NZXT h700i White w/ RGB LED | Cooling: Corsair H100i Pro RGB AIO & 6x Corsair AF120 fans White LED

Screens: 2x 27" Acer HA270 Ultra Slim LED | Peripherals: MSI Interceptor RGB DS4200 Key & D200 Mouse

5 minutes ago, hazeyez said:

ADD TOPIC TIME STAMPS PLEASE!!!!

Based on the description, I believe they intend to, just never get the time to actually do it. If you go through the comments about an hour or so after it ends streaming, there is always a comment with very detailed timestamps.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

20 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Based on the description, I believe they intend to, just never get the time to actually do it. If you go through the comments about an hour or so after it ends streaming, there is always a comment with very detailed timestamps.

I understand it's a live video but it's a popular one, and easy to have an editor go and add them quickly to the descriptions right after - SOONER than it's being done. Anyway, won't stop me from watching - just saying it would be nice to have them sooner.

CPU: Intel i5-9600k | MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite z390 | RAM: 16gb (4 x 4gb) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti | Storage: 500gb Samsung 860 vNand SSD x2 & 1tb WD Caviar Blue HDD

Chassis: NZXT h700i White w/ RGB LED | Cooling: Corsair H100i Pro RGB AIO & 6x Corsair AF120 fans White LED

Screens: 2x 27" Acer HA270 Ultra Slim LED | Peripherals: MSI Interceptor RGB DS4200 Key & D200 Mouse

1 hour ago, hazeyez said:

and easy to have an editor go and add them quickly to the descriptions right after

They're doing WAN as the last thing before going home for the weekend - everyone's gone by the time it's done and they'll have other things in mind...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2020 version ultimate air cooler showdown. Which tower (or dual tower) heatsink & fan(s) combo offers the best performance? I'd personally like data collected to show temperatures, noise level, and price (base heatsink + fans used). To get extra spicy and stick it the water nation, you could offer comparison stats to a couple AIOs as well. 

If what I'm posting has already been posted, I'm sorry.

Would it be possible to use an airlift pump in a watercooling system using an airstone? Let's try that 😉

On 3/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Hello Colton, Im Colton! Im here to hit you up with a video idea, about the "Clone Wars" of PC's and PC Compatibles back in the day. Like the IBM PC AT. (case sensitive.) I have a good example of what a bad clone would be. an old unbranded PC compatible, that's "fortunately?" Broken. 

sholda hired Madison @LinusTech. or like used wood stud mounting stuff with a screw. hand held drywall saws are just as quick after a bit of practice and a lot easier to cut accurately with, and you can use cat 5e/cat6 for the speaker wire, it has better insulation and the one cable has 8 individual wires so you can double up cables or run multiple speakers off one cable. its also fairly easy to get plenum grade cat 5e/6 fairly cheap.

and if you want to drill a speaker hole without a mess use this https://www.amazon.com/QWORK-40-200mm-Adjustable-Recessed-Sheetrock/dp/B075P23D9X/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=adjustable+hole+saw+drill&qid=1599503537&sr=8-7 it looks flimsy but works surprisingly well. after you cut let it sit for a minute pressed against the ceiling so the dust can settle, its like a blender in that dust shield. 

stud mounting 

https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Backed-Mounts-Nova-Supply-Professional-Grade/dp/B06XNBS6TG

https://www.amazon.com/100-6-Strap-Harness-Anchor-Attaching/dp/B07YQ5FSGD

2096492806_ouefshouldahiredmaddison.thumb.png.7694a161024b645e8f9e53bc26b4657a.png

Edited by fredrichnietze
sauce, actually a professional

Hey LMG, can you try to do techquickies and when travel is safe go to India and have videos on the vehicles that have replaceable batteries? I am sure Linus would want to check out the electric bikes that are popular, with one such that I know of that instead of charging it up at a station, they have a system to just replace the battery instead. There is a car version of this model as far as I am aware as well.

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

bro rgb backlit macbook. i havent seen it done yet, and with linus's smarts, he can prob do it

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

"Is native 4K necessary?"

"Do you need a top of the line GPU to hit 4K60?" (Read last bullet point to understand)

"Do you need a 2080 Ti or 3080 to get next-gen console performance in games?"

Outline:

A blind test with 3 4K monitors powered by RTX GPU (probably best to go with a 2080Ti) capable of hitting native 4K30 (I'll explain why 30FPS in a second) in the following games: Death Stranding, Control, and Wolfenstein: Young Blood (I selected these because they are the best examples of DLSS 2.0 according to the videos I've seen on Digital Foundry). 

Steps:

• The test will consist of putting DLSS Quality (1440p) vs DLSS Performance (1080p) vs Native 4K against each other.
  • You would limit the FPS to 30 on all systems at the beginning of the video so members of the team can't tell which one has DLSS by the better frame rate.
  • You would get some members of the team, especially those who have a keen eye for graphics and ask them to pick which monitor is (Native 4K, DLSS Quality, or DLSS Performance).
  • After getting the data from the team members, you would tell them which is which.
  • After telling them which is which, you would unlock the frame rate and show the audience + team member the benefits of using DLSS 2.0 (higher framerate while equal if not better visual quality)
  • Possibly put benchmarks at the end with RTX 2060 performance using DLSS? Could be a great way to show off that you don't need a 2080 Ti or even a 3080 to hit 4K60.

I think this test would be super interesting and would be perfect with the new RTX 30 series GPUs coming out. Would also be entertaining to see if members can distinguish from native vs upscaled.

Hello everyone! I got very excited last time with the TapStrap and a little disappointed that it wouldn't deliver as promised; however I've recently come across the second iteration and was wondering if there are others interested as well, perhaps enough people to justify asking for a review of this product. Be safe everyone and thanks for being part of this awesome community!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YCVPYWL/ref=as_li_ss_tl?pf_rd_r=HS8B22S8MP023CDC9AC5&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee

Woah, thats cool! I have the first Oculus Rift release version, and I would love to have something like this. Only if it works well though. 

Looks like something you would see in a James Bond or SciFi movie.  Ah.....  but does it really work and how well does it work.  I have a friend that works for the local government and it would work well for her since all she does is type.  Will have to wait and see.

On 3/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, CPotter said:

A week ago, Der8auer published a video on water cooling using tap water, and did a deep dive on the environmental impacts and cost savings. LTT also made a similar video last year. My idea is, what if the concept is revisited, but instead of just wasting all of the used water, the PC is plumbed into the actual tap of the house with a valve that allows it to constantly draw an adjustable and consistent flow of water. Because one of the turn-offs of this would be eroded particles from the loop entering the tap, this can be negated by using an in-line water filter at the end of the loop, like the ones in refrigerators. The PC would be hooked up to the wall with hot-swappable fittings just like Whole Room Water Cooling, that way you could return it to a normal water-cooled PC. The cost savings of a pump, reservoir, radiators, and extra fans could make this a legitimate and viable option. I feel like this would be a very successful LTT video, and it sticks with the LTT mantra of "if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing in a slightly janky way". Best of luck!

Hi, I just watched this old video that you made 6 years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXQQ2qc45Ng and I've got an Idea of making a video where you will use this case and put in it something like a RTX3000/2000, awesome CPU, maybe water cooling etc.. and also somehow put a new monitor in it.

Just let this thing shine🌞 again ! 

Good luck !

On 3/20/2019 at 10:16 PM, CPotter said:

3 hours ago, Czech pancake said:

Hi, I just watched this old video that you made 6 years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXQQ2qc45Ng and I've got an Idea of making a video where you will use this case and put in it something like a RTX3000/2000, awesome CPU, maybe water cooling etc.. and also somehow put a new monitor in it.

Just let this thing shine🌞 again ! 

Good luck !

This thing has probably been dissasembled for 6 years by now.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

how about benchmark using cooling performance of bellows system just like one in the video here :