How did you guys save up for your PC?

Go to solution Solved by lani100,

Work, Repair some stuff for family and friends and ask some money for the jobs and I buy some used hardware and build computers and sell them with a llittle profit.

But you can sell that apple crap and get a real gaming rig.

My dad will kill me... Literary. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

... i need to get into the stock market.

Uhhh for long term investing sure go ahead! For short term profits.... don't bother unless you absolutely know what your doing. It's a great way to lose money.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I didn't, my mother needed a computer for school, she bought the highest end one (at the time) for about 1k. Then I found a 2006 desktop lying around, fixed it, gave it to her. She liked it better than the laptop (even though it was lower end than the laptop) and gave the laptop to me. :D

I fix computers and computer accessories... sometimes... when I want to...

Found it

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I took extra shifts in the Restaurant I work at over the Summer. I'll be hoping to do the same this year as well as take a second Job so that I'm still saving enough money to afford to eat when I go to College/University next year.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Paper round and now Saturday job...

OnePlus 6T

Sold my ps3, mowed a bunch of lawns, sold a set of boy scout patches to some stupid kid with a $50 bill and had boom I had 600$. Somehow. Still not quite sure.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

When I made my first build at 15 I had a full time job, and it was about a weeks salary.

My next workstation PC build will be entirely out of a bonus for being massively ahead of schedule on contracted work, so I am sparing no expense on that one.

I worked still do the odd day of networking for the company working tomorrow for instance ezpz money

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

For my first rig I worked for a realtor. My second rig, I kinda just woke up in the morning turned on my PC and sold a stock for $5.6k and decided I was going to buy a new PC.

Nice man, wish I'd the patience for stocks but I tend to jump at the first hurdle same problem with crypto currency

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I was wrongfully dismissed from my job a couple years back, They had to pay me out 3.4k... So I never had to save up and I never really felt the sting of losing my job or shelling out a ton of money for a computer. And now that i've got it, maintenance and general upgrades aren't really anything that I need to 'save' for.

Tired of hearing people say you can't install OS X on AMD hardware. Educate yourself.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/138853-just-got-myself-into-a-fully-working-hackintosh-amd-no-less/

Nice man, wish I'd the patience for stocks but I tend to jump at the first hurdle same problem with crypto currency

Its all about the timing. Hey at least you make ezpz money via networking work right? I'm not good with networking.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I helped my dad build a couple of rooms and a kitchen in our basement.

I go to work, and save money where I can. 

Look for a part time job depending on what your age is :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I have a job and no stupid expenses like a wife or kids.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

I have a job and no stupid expenses like a wife or kids.

Im not sure how you are pulling that off, I have a full time job too and I find that even a girlfriend drains the checkbook pretty quick. :(

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Its all about the timing. Hey at least you make ezpz money via networking work right? I'm not good with networking.

True but I'd prefer stocks its only ezpz because the office doesn't like to go poking at things and they don't care how I fix something once I fix it (quick) and document it.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Girlfriends drain more than wives since they're not commited.

When i was a kid I used to do yard work and that can pay off quick on weekends, I used to make 50-70$ a day.

Just mow lawns and rake leaves or take care of old ladies plants, old ladies have loads of money!

Got a really shit rig off my parents to start with for $50, then just put all my money aside until I could get some decent stuff

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones