How did you guys save up for your PC?

Go to solution Solved by lani100,

Work, Repair some stuff for family and friends and ask some money for the jobs and I buy some used hardware and build computers and sell them with a llittle profit.

I worked my ass off at two different jobs and spent every penny I earned on it. Still ended up with a seriously half ass setup and jobless, car less, and soon to be homeless but fuck it.

Don't give up yet!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I needed a new computer to replace my cheap, old and dying compaq laptop, and my parents allowed me to build a hackintosh while my sisters both got laptops. That said, I am working on getting a job, and occasionally family friends give me money for fixing stuff. I also buy a ton of stuff used.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Right now i'm waiting for the company benefit that lets you spend $2500 in a desktop pc :)

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

im not gonna tell you but what i can tell u is that try to work like ask pepole if  they need enyting to be fixst or what ever and tell them what you need the money for!

As a Chinese custom, we give each other 'Red Bags' or 'Red Pockets' full of money to show respect and kindness. We usually do this on New Years, on our birthdays, Lunar new year, and sometimes, Christmas, depending on the person. Of course you have to give them back some money, but as I'm a child, my parents do all the 'Paying back'. This sounds selfish, but hey, reap the rewards! So over time, maybe 1-2 years, you gradually accumulate a heap of money.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

First PC was with a job at a rotation news-press and a electrician company.

Same goes for my planned new pc: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/130863-its-time-for-me-to-upgrade/

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

flipped burgers lol

(hungry jacks ftw lol)

but am looking into getting into stocks and seeing how that goes...

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Full time job. I just put some aside each pay.

Selling weed to kids works fine too to get alot of money quick.

but I don't do that.

WORK FOR IT

By not having a life. . . lol I bought mine in pieces so it wasn't too bad, took a year over all. . . But when I was saving for parts I just didn't go out much or treat myself to clothes, steak etc. In other words I looked like a bum 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I didn't spend much on anything else either, I cooked my own food for 2 months and I haven't bought clothes in almost a year  :rolleyes:

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Im an engineer(kinda) for a local furniture company and since im still in high school and live with my parents i can put almost all that money towards my first pc im building...

• 2 weeks later...

Worked at Subway (parents), then got a 'real' job at Best Buy (don't judge me), then got a genuine job with Samsung. Then got another research job that will soon be my actual thing. Also make money from taking potato shots every now and then. 

Computing is my least expensive hobby. Blame the cameras. 

Well I didn't save up for mine i asked my parents in about 2011 for a gaming computer. Since we were in the process of selling our house and moving we didn't have the money and they said after we move we'll think about getting you a pc. In fact said that they don't want me buying a pre-built but they want me to build my own and i was up for it a because i used to help my mom build computers for our neighbors and for herself. and last Aug i turned 17 and they said since you've been doing your chores and being trying hard in school we'll buy you the parts for a computer. However i paid for my turtle beach headset (before buying my computer when i still a console peasant (which broke recently)), my webcam, and speakers . So i didn't save up for everything but i did buy some peripherals. Also for Christmas they bought me a Razer Black Widow Ultimate and Naga 2014.

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

For my first rig I worked for a realtor. My second rig, I kinda just woke up in the morning turned on my PC and sold a stock for $5.6k and decided I was going to buy a new PC. 

Brutha you need to get me into this stock thing. :P

how did we save up for it? over time :)

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Brutha you need to get me into this stock thing. :P

Pssst easier said than done, if it was a simple task everyone would be doing it. You need a set of attributes to be compatible with this job. It's not a easy job, heck what was it... like 90% of all Day Traders lose money their first year. You need really REALLY good mental control.... 

I love this job but it really gets on my nerves when people call or compare it to gambling. It's not some get rich fast scheme and certainly not a simple job.

If your serious about Day Trading pm me, if your just interested in long term investing then I can give you some pointers. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I jumped in front of a car.

Just kidding. That would be wrong.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

full time students get paid here if you apply for it and can work if the payment is under a specific amount of money i believe

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

I hear the manufacturing and distribution of methamphetamine is a relatively profitable business model.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I would buy a little here on this pay day, and I would buy a little bit more on the next, and so on. Did lots of waiting in between those pay checks. Looking at my parts just waiting to get them all before I got to put them together! About a week after building it old Razor tarantula keyboard finally died. Had to buy a new mechanical this time. ( knew this was coming). Christmas I got my Bose companion 3 Series II speakers, and a new desk. Now my computer is pretty much complete until I buy a kickass GPU.

I hear the manufacturing and distribution of methamphetamine is a relatively profitable business model.

80 mil. profitable.