How did you guys save up for your PC?

Go to solution Solved by lani100,

Work, Repair some stuff for family and friends and ask some money for the jobs and I buy some used hardware and build computers and sell them with a llittle profit.

i asked my parents for money and they gave it to me

:D

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I mostly sold stuff (still do) and get older gen parts on eBay asap. I want to have a nice graphics card bucket, but I cant because of it. I also get a (semi) small allowance monthly.

I abstained from christmases and birthdays for a few years, sold some xboxes, then took every opportunity to earn money that came my way in the form of small jobs, bets, or other stuff.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

thats not saving up that is getting money from your parents  :P

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Work

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

For my first rig I worked for a realtor. My second rig, I kinda just woke up in the morning turned on my PC and sold a stock for $5.6k and decided I was going to buy a new PC. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I could do that, but my dad is really set with Apple like for real. I could receive a Macbook no problem. THough I hate apples.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

I'm thinking of going on cragslist look for some labor work and such.... would you guys do that?

i just got the parts for free and build it

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

I'm a student, so I don't have a direct income, but since I have pretty good results, so I can ask for pretty expensive stuff at the end of the school year if I have straight A's on the end year report. And then of course there is birthday and Christmas, when I get some less expensive stuff and money from other relatives which I save up and then buy some stuff myself. 

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I'm thinking of going on cragslist look for some labor work and such.... would you guys do that?

I feel like cragslist is a bit sketchy at times. Tread with caution if you plan on doing that. 

I'd personally not bother with cragslist. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I would change your signature if I were you... I know other people have gotten in trouble for having their Youtube Channel in their signature. Just trying to make sure that you don't get in trouble

I would change your signature if I were you... I know other people have gotten in trouble for having their Youtube Channel in their signature. Just trying to make sure that you don't get in trouble

For a second, I thought you were talking to me. LOL!  :D

i worked two summers, while the rest of my family was on vacation..

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

I feel like cragslist is a bit sketchy at times. Tread with caution if you plan on doing that. 

I'd personally not bother with cragslist. 

What would you recommend? I used to work at Mcdonald's till we moved, and I live close to a college so there is no way in hell I could find a job here. In a big fast food restaurant that is.

i worked two summers, while the rest of my family was on vacation..

How do you wait 2 years though mate? 

Enderman, on 20 Mar 2014 - 5:45 PM, said:snapback.png

thats not saving up that is getting money from your parents  :P

It's not something to be proud of either. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

What would you recommend? I used to work at Mcdonald's till we moved, and I live close to a college so there is no way in hell I could find a job here. In a big fast food restaurant that is.

Look for retail work, set up a work profile online there are sites to do that. Your only 16 right? You'll only really be able to get simple jobs. 

Enderman, on 20 Mar 2014 - 5:45 PM, said:snapback.png

It's not something to be proud of either. 

thats what i was trying to point out but in a nicer way

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Look for retail work, set up a work profile online there are sites to do that. Your only 16 right? You'll only really be able to get simple jobs. 

Yeah, thinking of doing that. My Birthday is May 1st so I could upgrade soon... if that's what you want to call it.

At the start of my GCSEs my parents promised me a Gaming PC if I did well, after two years of hard work - I got it :D

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

thats what i was trying to point out but in a nicer way

Yea, to be honest, I really ''dislike'' people who ask their parents and they get it. Wish my dad did that

I sold my body t-shirts through Redbubble for a while before picking up a drawing tablet doing commissions (after a fair amount of practice, of course). I mostly bought used or dirt-tier, all my computer componets were stupidly cheap. I have a job now though and can start saving for the stupidly expensive components.

How to pronounce: Nne ya Tano