How did you guys save up for your PC?

Go to solution Solved by lani100,

Work, Repair some stuff for family and friends and ask some money for the jobs and I buy some used hardware and build computers and sell them with a llittle profit.

I thought you meant like money grew on plants..

Haha no :P I wish though 

Worked for nearly a year and built $4k in my account. I originally only spent $700 on my machine, but I upgraded. A few times.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Hey, I just want to say thanks guys for the tips and help. I got an interview tomorrow at 10 am for cleaning services... ^-^ it was fast but hey 10$ an hour sounds good to my ears.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Built it on PCPartpicker, and spent ~$200-300 each month on parts. I don't think I have the will power to try and save the complete lump sum to buy everything at once, and doing it this way "forced" me to complete it.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Built it on PCPartpicker, and spent ~$200-300 each month on parts. I don't think I have the will power to try and save the complete lump sum to buy everything at once, and doing it this way "forced" me to complete it.

I'm planning on doing it the same way, I can't wait that long to order all the parts!

I'm planning on doing it the same way, I can't wait that long to order all the parts!

Yeah looking at the boxes of components gets tough at times, but it was the only way it was going to happen for me. I'm an impulse buyer and I would've spent the money on other things if I tried to save up $1500+.

But I'm excited. One more paycheck until I have a functioning rig, and then the long wait to the GTX 780. I'm really hoping integrated graphics are going to hold me over for a while.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

I worked two jobs as a newspaper delivery boy for two years to save up for my rig. It's worth it though. Now I still work one because I still need money :P

Using Tapatalk

I worked two jobs as a newspaper delivery boy for two years to save up for my rig. It's worth it though. Now I still work one because I still need money :P

Amen. Your gaming rig is never really ''done''!

Yeah looking at the boxes of components gets tough at times, but it was the only way it was going to happen for me. I'm an impulse buyer and I would've spent the money on other things if I tried to save up $1500+.

But I'm excited. One more paycheck until I have a functioning rig, and then the long wait to the GTX 780. I'm really hoping integrated graphics are going to hold me over for a while.

What CPU your getting mate? 

I have my ways. :P

184264_1340843429_large.jpg

Your god dam right!

i got a job. Thats how i got mine.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

work.  part time when I was younger, more or less full time since.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

True but I'd prefer stocks its only ezpz because the office doesn't like to go poking at things and they don't care how I fix something once I fix it (quick) and document it.

Well if you want to do stocks, you'd better be prepared to do TONS of research.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I took the roller beds out of 18 wheeler's, vacuumed them out, and hammered them back in. I did this 30 times. i was able to do 1 truck a day. xD not a fun job 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

I got my first part time job and saved ALL the money I earned from it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Well if you want to do stocks, you'd better be prepared to do TONS of research.

Yeah I know, as I said I've just never had the patience for it. I've a huge interest and I follow select companies. But I'm to quick to jump ship and I just never made enough money to justify it. Irish company stocks aren't great in value either it's something I find amazing but just don't have the time nor the patience to turn enough of a profit to make it worthwhile.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Depends which CPU you use. Intel's duo cores can run MC at a solid 10-17 FPS on some of the lowest settings.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Well, I got some birthday money and Christmas money which really contributed. Of course I'm a starting high school student so a job really wasn't an option last year.

What CPU your getting mate?

I guess the combination of getting good grades (Too young to work) and wanting to build a computer got me the parts as a Christmas gift a few months ago. 

I used what parts I could get for free/cheap and scraped pennies for a few months till I had enough to buy the things I needed.

Just an average guy with a dream that one day he will own a custom watercooling loop.

I just sent someone an email saying I was a Nigerian prince and if they sent me there bank details and passwords I'd deposit half million in their account.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.