The perfect card for the gamer girl - Yeston Sakura 6800XT/3070 announced

williamcll
10 hours ago, Ankh Tech said:

why need this when you have gaming white and vision and so many others, this is truly made for only girls

It’s made for someone anyway.  The weird slightly altered 30 year old design aesthetic is particularly strange to me.  Flowers aren’t always feminine.  That’s a western thing. That thing looks very heavily designed.  Someone did research on that thing.  Everything but the fan blades are very bog standard Swiss-twist with Kansas City school influences in the typography. Colors are ever so slightly off though.  If it was true 90’s that would be #011 Pantone grey and it’s not.  Too much blue. The fan blades are too.. sharp though.  This is something else and something really specific.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

57 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’m not sure at all that this was designed “for women”.  I think it’s for a very specific market, and that market may not be women.  I don’t know. Might be a certain kind of person from a specific country.  I’m not 100% gender is involved in that one though.

From a design standpoint this has a real 90’s feel to it.  It’s got a lot of traditionally female imagery, notably flowers,  but there was a whole bunch of pushback of “feminine” stuff even in the 90’s. It risks looking like “what a man thinks a woman might want”.  There was a traditional concept of what a “ladies gun” was.  Notice the “was”.  It didn’t hold up.  This is old news in design circles.  Not a mistake I see a designer making. The thing looks.. strange to me.  If there’s anything about it that happens to appeal to western female gamers I suspect it is coincidental

I'm not into the professional gamer scene, but I do remember when a few pros would endorse a product. The famed Fatal1ty (Johnathan Wendel) comes to mind.

I'm guessing that if you want to market to the female audience, you probably might want to have some pro gaming chick do it. At least to get the momentum started.

Just my 2 cents.

3 minutes ago, StDragon said:

I'm not into the professional gamer scene, but I do remember when a few pros would endorse a product. The famed Fatal1ty (Johnathan Wendel) comes to mind.

I'm guessing that if you want to market to the female audience, you probably might want to have some pro gaming chick do it. At least to get the momentum started.

Just my 2 cents.

I’ve never been near the professional gamer scene and I haven’t looked at ID in a long time.  There’s lots and lots of ID in that thing though.  Someone thought about that thing.  There was intent. I doubt there’s a millimeter of that thing that is accidental.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

and yet again, another repulsive anime card

absolute heresy to make this statement 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

absolute heresy to make this statement 

see, I don't like real flashy things

and I especially don't like them when they look like a marine's miata who just got their first big paycheck

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Not a huge fan of the characters on the back but the card is super cute

CPU: i7 3820@4.3Ghz GPU: Gtx 1060 RAM: 16gb HyperX Fury CASE: S340 Elite Cpu runs nice and hot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yes, because -of course- girls are the target market....

/sarcrasm

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

The physical shapes of the card are really cool.
But uh... I have some news about who giant-boobed anime girls are for.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

7 hours ago, StDragon said:

Just my 2 cents.

Honestly I can't think of a single pro gamer that is a girl. I'm sure they do exist but the fact that I don't know about them as a person who watches multiple different esports i would say its unlikely to find one recognizable enough to make the marketing make sense. You would probably be better off having a prominent female game streamer endorse it instead as I can think of many who would fit that bill. 

I mean it doesn't look bad. But those old school game featured card were awesome to see too. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

• 2 weeks later...

why hasn't anybody said anything to me about this?

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Looks pretty good. I might actually consider it depending on how the stock situation goes.

17 hours ago, yian88 said:

Can i be a gamer gurl? maybe if i put makeup on ?

Be whatever you want to be.

On 11/26/2020 at 2:12 AM, Serin said:

The physical shapes of the card are really cool.
But uh... I have some news about who giant-boobed anime girls are for.

The "BOOBS" looks within normal Human range to me...

Sold.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

This is something the Steve from GamersNexus might like to add to his weird pink/blue collection...

Ryzen 9 5900X | ALFII 280 | X570 MEG ACE | 32GB Patriot 3733-CL16-20-20-38 | Msi Tri-X 4080 | S-Blaster Z | Sabrent Rocket4 plus-g, Crucial P1, WD Green | Fractal ION 850W 80+ Gold | Define R6 | LG 34GN850 | L-tech K120 & Razer D-adder Mini |

On 11/25/2020 at 8:49 AM, williamcll said:

Many of you might remember this last year, Gamer Nexus also did a review on it:

Yeston has just announced that a new model based on the Radeon RX 6800XT will be soon available.
66bbebb5a3e3daff3db77e531bddd773bad1cbf6

Source: https://t.bilibili.com/461513129522320810

https://videocardz.com/newz/yeston-radeon-rx-6800-xt-sakura-edition-pictured
Thoughts: While the color scheme is more average this generation, It does seem to fit PCs that might want a cleaner look since White colored GPUs aren't that common in the market. Not sure how much better the performance is though, GN Steve gave this card a meh in terms of thermal performance.

I think the front cooler design would look pretty cool in the normal black/grey color scheme

Ryzen 7 3700x   Gigabyte X570 ELITE WIFI   16 gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4  RTX 3060ti Founder's Edition   Fractal Design Meshify C   Samsung 970 EVO 500gb   Corsair RMx 750x

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add, there's a 3070 version that looks more or less the same.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition