Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered launches on November 6th

VixAAT
8 hours ago, BuckGup said:

Lol what. How about a Need for Speed we care about like underground II, Carbon, Undercover, or Pro Street

Most Wanted or Undercover. Preferably both.

Seriously, them getting away from the ridiculous stuff like the police pursuits and the pursuit breakers is what killed the franchise for me.

I remember one time I was running from them in Undercover, In the Bugatti maxxed out, fully upgraded. I ended up doing laps around the freeway that circled the entire map. Manage to hit the only fool proof pursuit breaker with three popped tires, whilst being pinned by three of the police SUV's. Was moving just fast enough for them not to "bust me". The Nitrous was the only thing keeping me going fast enough.

God I miss that game.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

EA must be running out of ideas and money. 🙃

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

10 hours ago, BuckGup said:

Lol what. How about a Need for Speed we care about like underground II, Carbon, Undercover, or Pro Street

True that. I enjoyed Undercover probably the most out of all of them. Most Wanted probably close second.

get the same effect by increasing contrast in the gfx menu.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

EA... 🤢

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 hours ago, Jito463 said:

Heck, I still go back and play the Most Wanted from time to time, no remaster needed.  It's one of the best NFS games ever made, in my opinion.

Main issue is no wide screen suppor which sticks out like a sore thumb these days, especially since resolution of the game ends up being pretty low with that. Visually otherwise, doesn't look that bad.

5 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Main issue is no wide screen suppor which sticks out like a sore thumb these days, especially since resolution of the game ends up being pretty low with that. Visually otherwise, doesn't look that bad.

Given EA's track record with butchering remasters, I prefer to use the WSGF fixes to enable widescreen support.

https://www.wsgf.org/dr/need-speed-most-wanted

35 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Given EA's track record with butchering remasters, I prefer to use the WSGF fixes to enable widescreen support.

https://www.wsgf.org/dr/need-speed-most-wanted

I know, but it's still not quite the same as proper aspect ratio for 3D graphics and also HUD overlay. Usually graphics are somehow modified, but hud always gets cut, stretched or something. Still better than black bars left and right, but not ideal. I'd gladly pay for fixes if devs bothered to make them post release. 5€ for a proper wide screen update is something I'm willing to spend on. Think of it, for EA with proper source code, it's relatively easy thing to make and user gets a proper thing and not a hack. For games like NFS Most Wanted 2005 and NFS Carbon or even older ones from NFS Porsche, I'd gladly pay that much. For example NFS Porsche 2000 is plagued by CPU clock bug where game thinks modern CPU's are too weak because their clock is so high it makes all textures washed out and crappy. If EA could fix that, it would be crazy to re-experience NFS Porsche 2000 properly again today on modern graphic cards. Imagine NFS Porsche 2000 with 4K DSR and all the quality texture filtering we have today. Instead it looks worse than NFS3 because of that CPu detection bug...

14 hours ago, RejZoR said:

But that was at least an actual remaster. Someone actually did work properly and I'm fine with that. What has even changed in this damn game? It looks identical, they just bolted all the addons on it, changed some config parameters and are now selling it for 30€. This is worth 10€ at most.

Worth €10 at most? More like €0,01.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Well they really don't listen do they?

NFS fans have been asking for a worthy successor of NFS:U2 or NFS:MW for over a DECADE.

And now we finally do get a remaster, it's this crap.

WTF man...

The mods that are being released for those old nfs games are somehow a lot more interesting than this crap...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 hours ago, CTR640 said:

Worth €10 at most? More like €0,01.

After assessing the comparison video, it's worth exactly as much the original was now before they forcibly removed it from stores. And that was 2.99€ afaik looking at it last time. Considering it has all the addons, lets be generous and call it 5€. No more.

It was better they did need for speed underground remastered.

2 minutes ago, oNteaLog said:

It was better they did need for speed underground remastered.

NFS Underground is old enough that you can feel it being old. NFS HP 2010 just doesn't. I too would love to see NFS Underground remaster. Drag races were such a fun despite scripted traffic from side streets. And just in general it was an interesting experience. Imagine it running with latest engine EA has available. Then again this is EA. They make no fucking sense most of the time coz they do such dumb things like a remaster of a game that doesn't need one at all and they make it look slightly better in some cases (edge smoothing) and worse in others (tire smoke looks rough).

I was hoping this was a remake of the original hot pursuit from 1998 and not the crappy version that was released 10 years ago...

22 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Or even better, a remaster of legendary NFS Porsche 2000 or NFS High Stakes or even original NFS3 for that matter. This is the same nonsense as Burnout Paradise Remastered. Unnecessary lazy remaster of a game that wasn't particularly special, it just happened to be better than the rest of shit they released every year otherwise.

I grew up with NFS3 and have been trying to find a way to play it for a long time, but it seems like it's just been entirely erased from history.

I think Burnout Paradise was great, and at least the remaster included all the DLC that never made it to PC and I managed to "upgrade" it for $5 despite not owning the original. It is odd though considering basically every other game that got a remaster was a free upgrade for existing owners. I think they also added in a small handful of new textures and AO or AA or something. I wish at the very least they would've updated the vehicle textures, they look pretty shit now.

#Muricaparrotgang

21 hours ago, RejZoR said:

NFS2 was the best fun when we used cheats and raced with random objects from the game. Like a tree trunk. Or a wooden toilet. Or a T-Rex. It was so hilarious as we tumbled over in the beginning of Mediterranean track.

I wish cheat codes and stuff still existed.

#Muricaparrotgang

32 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I grew up with NFS3 and have been trying to find a way to play it for a long time, but it seems like it's just been entirely erased from history.

I think Burnout Paradise was great, and at least the remaster included all the DLC that never made it to PC and I managed to "upgrade" it for $5 despite not owning the original. It is odd though considering basically every other game that got a remaster was a free upgrade for existing owners. I think they also added in a small handful of new textures and AO or AA or something. I wish at the very least they would've updated the vehicle textures, they look pretty shit now.

Need for Speed 3: NextGen, a compatibility patch that gives NFS3 game 4K wide screen support with framerate as high as you can push it with your system...

https://rejzor.wordpress.com/need-for-speed-3-nextgen/

Two blokes on the internet made a better remaster than god damn EA who has access to freaking source code of the game...

On 10/5/2020 at 6:03 PM, BuckGup said:

true that, i spent hundreds of hours on each of U,U2, carbon and Most wanted, 

underground 1 still holds the "Best intro award" in my eyes, underground 2 took it and made it all 10x better, most wanted added police and exotics, carbon moved tuning up a notch, pro street made it just awesome (though bugs really killed that one for me after a while, as i got stuck and the game just would not allow me to progress), not sure how many of you played it but nfs: World was also pretty dam cool it had many many cars online racing, and the map was most wanted + carbon

(still playable as a team of madlads remade the servers from scratch)

On 10/5/2020 at 6:11 PM, S w a t s o n said:

Lol what. How about a Need for Speed we care about like underground II, Carbon, Undercover, or Pro Street Most wanted

ftfy

pro street was different but also quite good (ignoring bugs), i loved the drag racing in that game, had a rx8 with a massive turbo on it, it was extremely fun.

to get me happy just make underground 3, with an updated version of the underground 1's intro, actually in depth tuning, with adjustments to timings, manifold pressure (for turbo cars), keep the focus on tuner cars, none of this pagani business that you end up leaving looking like stock, make the changes in parts actually matter (how fast your car is),meaning stop rubber banding the opponents,  the same in crashes, it should be hard to get back to the front, they shouldn't slow down and wait for me, 

11 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Two blokes on the internet made a better remaster than god damn EA who has access to freaking source code of the game...

That's probably not true. The notorious Silent Hill 2 demaster was terrible for a number of reasons, but one of them was that Konami had deleted or lost the source so they had to work off a very buggy alpha build.

I'm not sure what remaster you're talking about, but there's a good possibility they don't actually have the source.

In any case, I'll check that link out.

Aaaand I haven't had the physical copy for years. And even then I think it was the one "legal" copy allowed by the DRM at the time. I'll have to get a copy somewhere.

Oh man, the Maranello was my favorite car, and that track or... Atlanta I think? And flashbacks of Ramrod being an asshole and ruining my races.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

That's probably not true. The notorious Silent Hill 2 demaster was terrible for a number of reasons, but one of them was that Konami had deleted or lost the source so they had to work off a very buggy alpha build.

I'm not sure what remaster you're talking about, but there's a good possibility they don't actually have the source.

In any case, I'll check that link out.

Aaaand I haven't had the physical copy for years. And even then I think it was the one "legal" copy allowed by the DRM at the time. I'll have to get a copy somewhere.

Oh man, the Maranello was my favorite car, and that track or... Atlanta I think? And flashbacks of Ramrod being an asshole and ruining my races.

What kind of garbage company you have to be not to store the source code of all your finalized games?! Even LTT stores all the original videos (masters) for later use.

Btw, the track is Hometown. Atlantica is a high tech looking coastal city track.

This makes me appreciate how Bethesda gave the Skyrim SE version free to original Skyrim LE owners, at least on Steam. And it actually looked improved. I've played NFS HP 2010 since its release, both on the Xbox 360 and nowadays on my PC. The remaster actually looks worse in my opinion...

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

47 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

This makes me appreciate how Bethesda gave the Skyrim SE version free to original Skyrim LE owners, at least on Steam. And it actually looked improved. I've played NFS HP 2010 since it's release, both on the Xbox 360 and nowadays on my PC. The remaster actually looks worse in my opinion...

I'd actually look through EA's fingers if they bothered to add ray tracing to it. You know, something drmaatic going on. They've literally only improved anti-aliasing and boosted contrast sharpening a bit. I don't think they've even done ANYTHING to textures. And charge 30€ for it...

This should've been a free optional update, but of course not because it's EA, I would understand if they remastered the game with RTX.

Also weird how the remaster is limited to 60FPS.

IMO the original NFS HP 2010 looks nice, really too bad it got pulled from the origin store.