Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered launches on November 6th

VixAAT
11 hours ago, RejZoR said:

What kind of garbage company you have to be not to store the source code of all your finalized games?! Even LTT stores all the original videos (masters) for later use.

Btw, the track is Hometown. Atlantica is a high tech looking coastal city track.

Considering it was made back when the future was uncertain and it wasn't sure to be a success on old hardware, it's not hard to see how it got lost. It's also not like the had the forethought to think "Let's hold on to this for a decade so we can re-release it."

In the sense of Need For Speed the franchise is so old and it's gone through so many companies that have since been shuttered I'd be far more surprised if they did have the source code. Black Box is being shuttered/dissolved and Criterion has been in a support role since 2010. Even the MCC collection with the remake of Halo CE and Halo 2 were based off the shitty Gearbox ports and not the original source.

#Muricaparrotgang

50 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Considering it was made back when the future was uncertain and it wasn't sure to be a success on old hardware, it's not hard to see how it got lost. It's also not like the had the forethought to think "Let's hold on to this for a decade so we can re-release it."

In the sense of Need For Speed the franchise is so old and it's gone through so many companies that have since been shuttered I'd be far more surprised if they did have the source code. Black Box is being shuttered/dissolved and Criterion has been in a support role since 2010. Even the MCC collection with the remake of Halo CE and Halo 2 were based off the shitty Gearbox ports and not the original source.

I mean, they still answer to the EA HQ. Then again considering what clumsy donkeys EA are, that doesn't surprises me.

Btw, original NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 servers are still online. Just did a race and actually had a live person online. After 10 years since release. This remaster is entirely unnecessary.

Also EA may remove ability to purchase on Steam or Origin, but they can't block keys still in circulation:

https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/compare-and-buy-cd-key-for-digital-download-need-for-speed-hot-pursuit/

Just buy the original instead. Lets have a race in the original lol