110 Predictions For the Next 110 Years

E.Beadle

With the Hoover board being called a hoax and folks wanting such a device, HERE ARE SOME things you should expect from the future of things to come. 

LINK:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/engineering/news/110-predictions-for-the-next-110-years

It's never easy to predict the future. But as PM's 110th anniversary celebration draws to a close, we've decided to try. Here are 110 ambitious ideas for the decades ahead. (For more about PopMech's brain trust and methodology, read Editor-in-Chief Jim Meigs' introduction. And if you want to try your hand at predicting the future, take our Facebook survey, and see when other readers think the most important events of the next 110 years will happen.)

THE PM BRAIN TRUST SAYS:

WITHIN 20 YEARS...

Self-driving cars will hit the mainstream market. 

Battles will be waged without direct human participation (think robots or unmanned aerial vehicles). 

The first fully functional brain-controlled bionic limb will arrive. 

WITHIN 30 YEARS...

All-purpose robots will help us with household chores

Space travel will become as affordable as a round-the-world plane ticket. 

Soldiers will use exoskeletons to enhance battlefield performance. 

WITHIN 40 YEARS...

Nanobots will perform medical procedures inside our bodies. 

WITHIN 50 YEARS...

We will have a colony on Mars. 

Doctors will successfully transplant a lab-grown human heart.

We will fly the friendly skies without pilots onboard.

And renewable energy sources will surpass fossil fuels in electricity generation. 

WITHIN 60 YEARS... 

Digital data (texts, songs, etc.) will be zapped directly into our brains. 

We will activate the first fusion power plant. 

And we will wage the first battle in space. 

WITHIN 100 YEARS...

The last gasoline-powered car will come off the assembly line. 

"Overdrive" | My Desktop PC:  Case: Corsair 750D | CPU:  I7-4790K | Motherboard:  Asus z97 Deluxe NFC & WLC | CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i Push Pull | Memory/Ram:  Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb 1600mhz  OS Disk| SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250Gb ; Storage Disc:  HDD: 1 WD 3tb Black |  Graphics Card: EVGA 780Ti Superclocked  ACX | Corsair AXi 860w
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peripherals: Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Logitech G13 Gaming Keyboard | Mouse: Logitech G700s | Speakers: Logitech z506 | Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium | Monitors: ASUS Pro Art 248Q  | Calibration: Xrite i1 Display Pro | Printer: Coming Soon

I wanna see full VR gaming with my mind :D

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Wouldn't be surprised if this predication came true (I can be a bit pessimistic at times)

Within 25 years:

-smart phones will have 12k curved displays, desktop monitors still at 1080p (mainstream)

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Wouldn't be surprised if this predication came true (I can be a bit pessimistic at times)

Within 25 years:

-smart phones will have 12k displays, desktop monitors still at 1080p

No more desktop monitors.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

WITHIN 100 YEARS...

The last gasoline-powered car will come off the assembly line. 

ya right, LOL xD

salt-sugar.png

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

i dont think this is at all feasible because isnt the sun suppose to explode in 100years? then we are all going to be dead extinct! no one is thinking about this where can we go how fast can move to a new planet or whatever that has a different sun so when earths one explodes we dont die or can they invent something that will protect us from the explosion then where are we going to get our power from because alot of renewable energy is based on solar! This really stresses me out :S

I think some of these are right (maybe not quite the right timing), but as the list goes on, I feel it gets more and more outlandish (as could be expected).

I think if we stretched this time line to maybe 200 years, it would be more appropriate.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

i dont think this is at all feasible because isnt the sun suppose to explode in 100years? then we are all going to be dead extinct! no one is thinking about this where can we go how fast can move to a new planet or whatever that has a different sun so when earths one explodes we dont die or can they invent something that will protect us from the explosion then where are we going to get our power from because alot of renewable energy is based on solar! This really stresses me out :S

The sun isn't supposed to explode anytime within our finite lifetimes. Relax :)

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

The Sun is about 4.5 billion years old, and it is roughly middle-aged.  Humans as a species, even if they make it past a few hundred thousand years will be a species that is entirely different.

Your comment is *so* far off, that I am beginning to think I am getting trolled. :)

I want to virtualize having sex with any girl within some oculus rift modification and th...

WAIT WAIT WAIT. NO

i see some sort of revolution is the coming decades where robots will take over low paying jobs which will leave MANY out of jobs

this will cause a big problem

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The sun isn't supposed to explode anytime within our finite lifetimes. Relax :)

The Sun is about 4.5 billion years old, and it is roughly middle-aged.  Humans as a species, even if they make it past a few hundred thousand years will be a species that is entirely different.

Your comment is *so* far off, that I am beginning to think I am getting trolled. :)

im not trolling when i was in primary school they were predicting the sun to explode in a hundred years well thats atleast what our piece of shit pathetic australian schooling system said and ive been freaking out ever since lol good to know there even more pathetic.

im not trolling when i was in primary school they were predicting the sun to explode in a hundred years well thats atleast what our piece of shit pathetic australian schooling system said and ive been freaking out ever since lol good to know there even more pathetic.

You're good, relax. :P

This might show what technologies might be available, but I guarantee that they will be expensive as hell. Where's the statement about cryptocurrencies? >.<

100 years??  LOL how about 5 billion years from now.  Our sun will turn red and massively expand which is also known as it turning into a Red Giant.  Our Sun is not a massive enough of a star to go Nova(aka explode) on us.  The biggest star discovered so far is called VY Canis Majoris which is 1 billion times bigger than our sun and that my friends will definitely go Super Nova at the end of its life cycle or maybe even Hyper Nova.

the sad thing is, we all fantasize about all this stuff, but realistically are we gonna live long enough to see it all?

4770k | GTX 780 | 350D | 16GB RAM | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 750w PSU | Kraken x60 | Custom Sleeved Cables | ASUS PB287Q

Build Log 

1. I will be dead.

Signatures are stupid.

Most of that list is probably going to happen in <30 years.

And we will wage the first battle in space. 

Star wars- star trek

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

The andromeda galaxy will collide with our galaxy in 3 billions years from now,and the sun will explode 2 billion years later,

don't worry,you have plenty of time.

i see some sort of revolution is the coming decades where robots will take over low paying jobs which will leave MANY out of jobs

this will cause a big problem

Hopefully there will not be a need for jobs and we will move to continuing to better ourselves and society.

the sad thing is, we all fantasize about all this stuff, but realistically are we gonna live long enough to see it all?

With medical advancements, actually probably yes. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2011425/The-person-reach-150-alive--soon-live-THOUSAND-claims-scientist.html

While the 1000 years is optimistic.....the 150 years isn't.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Really this might as well be called "Bourgeoisie's selfish predictions" to me: We still can't properly feed, cloth and house billions of people yet people are expecting robots to clean their houses?

Sure it's technically possible but to get there, there would have to be a planet-wide genocide to silence the voices of billions of starving people that are not too far off from taking up arms and attempt revolutions simply to avoid dying of famine or consumption. 

-------

Current Rig

-------