110 Predictions For the Next 110 Years

E.Beadle

i dont think this is at all feasible because isnt the sun suppose to explode in 100years? then we are all going to be dead extinct! no one is thinking about this where can we go how fast can move to a new planet or whatever that has a different sun so when earths one explodes we dont die or can they invent something that will protect us from the explosion then where are we going to get our power from because alot of renewable energy is based on solar! This really stresses me out :S

you mean a couple hundred billion years. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

the sad thing is, we all fantasize about all this stuff, but realistically are we gonna live long enough to see it all?

ill be living long enough to see that heart transplant and space travel stuff. but not the last gasoline car stuff.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

If in 20 years robots replace soldiers, why would soldiers need exoskeletons 10 years after that?

Also if there is to be another war I'm sure we will all die and all predictions for 1000 years in the future can go to hell.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

The andromeda galaxy will collide with our galaxy in 3 billions years from now,and the sun will explode 2 billion years later,

don't worry,you have plenty of time.

actually our sun is not big enough to go Super NOVA but it will turn into a Red Giant first and God knows how much later cool off into a white dwarf star.   Now! if our earth was orbiting VY Canis Majoris star then we would need to send the last surviving son of earth to another inhabitable planet before the star goes Super Nova.  "The son becomes the father and the father becomes the son"......;)

These predictions are fun little read, but that's all they are. The biggest paradigm shifts are completely unknown to us right now. It's like people back in the day predicted flying cars but instead we got the internet (much better in my view).

Sure we'll have self driving electric cars, but that's not really a prediction since it's already happening.  

One thing is for sure, the next few decades will be very interesting. 

Self-driving cars will hit the mainstream market. * I hope quicker still have no desire to get a drivers license*

Battles will be waged without direct human participation (think robots or unmanned aerial vehicles). * wouldn't that be cool?*

The first fully functional brain-controlled bionic limb will arrive.

WITHIN 30 YEARS...

All-purpose robots will help us with household chores. *ooh mister Handy is coming*

Space travel will become as affordable as a round-the-world plane ticket. 

Soldiers will use exoskeletons to enhance battlefield performance. *didn't we surpass the need for them? guess not*

WITHIN 40 YEARS...

Nanobots will perform medical procedures inside our bodies. *maybe sooner*

WITHIN 50 YEARS...

We will have a colony on Mars. 

Doctors will successfully transplant a lab-grown human heart.

We will fly the friendly skies without pilots onboard.

And renewable energy sources will surpass fossil fuels in electricity generation. *make em sooner!*

WITHIN 60 YEARS... 

Digital data (texts, songs, etc.) will be zapped directly into our brains. 

We will activate the first fusion power plant.

And we will wage the first battle in space. *Awesome! especially if no human casualties*

WITHIN 100 YEARS...

The last gasoline-powered car will come off the assembly line. *Also sooner, we won't have any gas left by then*

So here's my uneducated blabber...

like I know. B) 

im not trolling when i was in primary school they were predicting the sun to explode in a hundred years well thats atleast what our piece of shit pathetic australian schooling system said and ive been freaking out ever since lol good to know there even more pathetic.

As someone who works in the Australian education system I call bs on that. Chances are you completely ignored what the teacher said and instead remember some dumb shit kid who heard something from stupid backwards parents who thinks cops are just out to steal their weed.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

i dont think this is at all feasible because isnt the sun suppose to explode in 100years? then we are all going to be dead extinct! no one is thinking about this where can we go how fast can move to a new planet or whatever that has a different sun so when earths one explodes we dont die or can they invent something that will protect us from the explosion then where are we going to get our power from because alot of renewable energy is based on solar! This really stresses me out :S

wrong, the sun will explode in around 100 MILLION years, not just 100.

As someone who works in the Australian education system I call bs on that. Chances are you completely ignored what the teacher said and instead remember some dumb shit kid who heard something from stupid backwards parents who thinks cops are just out to steal their weed.

No it was the school lol Australian schools are pathetic we have the worst education system!

the sad thing is, we all fantasize about all this stuff, but realistically are we gonna live long enough to see it all?

medicine will be way better, so we will also live longer.

No it was the school lol Australian schools are pathetic we have the worst education system!

Wait I forgot to ask which part of Australia. That changes things drastically I keep forgetting :-P

I live in the NT, where the education system is brilliant. But the local wildlife really skew the data as they're incapable of true comprehension unless their home environment is intellectual.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

Wait I forgot to ask which part of Australia. That changes things drastically I keep forgetting :-P

I live in the NT, where the education system is brilliant. But the local wildlife really skew the data as they're incapable of true comprehension unless their home environment is intellectual.

New South Wales. I wont be the only person appalled by its education.

New South Wales. I wont be the only person appalled by its education.

well, if anything it can't be as bad as central Queensland. missus used to live there, doesn't know anything about Australian history cause it wasn't actually taught. i didn't belive here till she showed me all her previous report cards, its all basic English and maths really. 

well, if anything it can't be as bad as central Queensland. missus used to live there, doesn't know anything about Australian history cause it wasn't actually taught. i didn't belive here till she showed me all her previous report cards, its all basic English and maths really. 

I dont think its all the governments fault the teacher play a huge part in how pathetic it is the teachers at my school Favorited kids and basically acted like kids.