Just buy a Mac Pro

I just need a reliable and great PC that lasts a long time. I'm tired of having issues with my Desktop PC and I spend 2K for that system. There is always something not working correctly and I'm tired of it. If one is spending so much money, it must just work and last a long time. Now I'm just thinking about buying a Mac Pro for this reason. The build of this thing is premium and the support is as well. So this system will likely last for a decade or more. It's even perfectly upgradable. It's very expensive, but if it guarantees that I'll have no headaches because of fixing and finding out issues for a decade, maybe it's even worth it.

I spend most of my time in front of the PC. I almost never drive a car or need a car. A PC is the one thing that I always use for many different purposes. It would be a one time investment for the next decade of PC usage. Why not spending extra for a premium. Premium is always better, just because it lasts longer and causes no headaches and problems. And even if something happens, Apple Support is optimized for their own hardware and can fix it all. Having one premium PC that never fails is better then fuzzing about with 2-3 different desktops the next 10 years and having to find out all sort of crap. I'm a tech enthusiast, but I heavily dislike fixing PC things when I just want it to work. Out of the box. 

It is a lot of money. But the money is worth it if I no longer need to waste time fixing and finding out issues that shouldn't be there. Having everything working perfectly for a decade and saving headaches and time is worth more then the premium price tag.

Rather spend one premium price once, then trying out 3-4 different ones until one works. Or maybe I'm just talking bullshit and not seeing it from another perspective. In that case, please feel free to change my mind. 

if you want that then go to someone like pudget systems, if you need more than maybe 100 Dell, HP or Lenovo will all sell you workstations. I wouldn't spend the 10k to get the mac pro versions that make sense

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Well youre not an enthusiast then. Mac Pro is limited to slow intel cpu:s and slow amd gpu:s.

You can install Linux on that PC.

I have used MacOs for a long time and I really hate that OS.

Other than being immensely overpriced the MacPro is also slower than basically any other system for that price.

MacOS fixes your problems by giving you basically no freedom, if you don't want to have those lovely ''windows being a hunk of steaming shit' problem use Linux, but  In my opinion Apple products are way too closed, also there is this problem that Apple is behind it.

I don't hate apple products, I don't hate their engineers (infact I think they would do miracles if they didn't work for apple), but I really despise apple and their management.

Basically Apple embodies everything I hate.

Then you have windows...

Main PC [The Rig of Theseus]:

CPU: i5-8600K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: GTX 1660 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480 GB |  HDD: 2x 6 TB WD Red| Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Secondary PC [Why did I bother]:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS 650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Server [Solution in search of a problem]:

Model: HP DL360e Gen8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2430L v1 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066 MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120 GB | OS: VMware ESXi 7

Server 2 electric boogaloo [A waste of electricity]:

Model: intel NUC NUC5CPYH | CPU: Celeron N3050 | RAM: 2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz | SSD: Kingston UV400 120 GB | OS: Debian Bullseye

Laptop:

Model: ThinkBook 14 Gen 2 AMD | CPU: Ryzen 7 4700U | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz | OS: Windows 11 Pro

Photography:

Cameras:

Full Frame digital: Sony α7

APS-C digital: Sony α100

Medium Format Film: Kodak Junior SIX-20

35mm Film:

Lenses:

Sony SAL-1870 18-70mm ƒ/3.5-5.6 

Sony SAL-75300 75-300mm ƒ/4.5-5.6

Meike MK-50mm ƒ/1.7

PSA: No, I didn't waste all that money on computers, (except the main one) my server cost $40, the intel NUC was my old PC (although then it had 8GB of ram, I gave the bigger stick of ram to a person who really needed it), my laptop is used and the second PC is really cheap.

I like tinkering with computers and have a personal hatred towards phones and everything they represent (I daily drive an iPhone 7, or a 6, depends on which one works that day)

12 minutes ago, Blizzforte said:

I'm tired of having issues with my Desktop PC and I spend 2K for that system. There is always something not working correctly and I'm tired of it

I'm sorry but that one is on you. If that wasn't your fault, then everyone else would have issues as well.

My system is working great, because it's configured well and I know how to use it properly.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

9 minutes ago, Blizzforte said:

Apple Support is optimized for their own hardware and can fix it all.

Except sometimes the "fix" is replacing almost the entire thing, out of your own pocket if you're out of warranty.

10 minutes ago, Blizzforte said:

So this system will likely last for a decade or more. It's even perfectly upgradable.

Good luck with that now that Apple is moving to another CPU architecture. Do you know what happened to PowerMacs once Apple moved to Intel? The last few G5 models only got OS updates for 3 years.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Jeppes said:

Well youre not an enthusiast then. Mac Pro is limited to slow intel cpu:s and slow amd gpu:s.

Well intel can be for enthusiasts, but in a different manner, their processors Overclock really well, but otherwise yes, while intel can still somehow fight back in the mainstream section of the market, it has been completely obliterated in the HEDT part, there is no reason to get an X series cpu when Threadripper exists and is better in literally every way shape or form 

Main PC [The Rig of Theseus]:

CPU: i5-8600K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: GTX 1660 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480 GB |  HDD: 2x 6 TB WD Red| Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Secondary PC [Why did I bother]:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS 650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Server [Solution in search of a problem]:

Model: HP DL360e Gen8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2430L v1 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066 MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120 GB | OS: VMware ESXi 7

Server 2 electric boogaloo [A waste of electricity]:

Model: intel NUC NUC5CPYH | CPU: Celeron N3050 | RAM: 2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz | SSD: Kingston UV400 120 GB | OS: Debian Bullseye

Laptop:

Model: ThinkBook 14 Gen 2 AMD | CPU: Ryzen 7 4700U | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz | OS: Windows 11 Pro

Photography:

Cameras:

Full Frame digital: Sony α7

APS-C digital: Sony α100

Medium Format Film: Kodak Junior SIX-20

35mm Film:

Lenses:

Sony SAL-1870 18-70mm ƒ/3.5-5.6 

Sony SAL-75300 75-300mm ƒ/4.5-5.6

Meike MK-50mm ƒ/1.7

PSA: No, I didn't waste all that money on computers, (except the main one) my server cost $40, the intel NUC was my old PC (although then it had 8GB of ram, I gave the bigger stick of ram to a person who really needed it), my laptop is used and the second PC is really cheap.

I like tinkering with computers and have a personal hatred towards phones and everything they represent (I daily drive an iPhone 7, or a 6, depends on which one works that day)

15 minutes ago, Blizzforte said:

I just need a reliable and great PC that lasts a long time. I'm tired of having issues with my Desktop PC and I spend 2K for that system. There is always something not working correctly and I'm tired of it. If one is spending so much money, it must just work and last a long time. Now I'm just thinking about buying a Mac Pro for this reason. The build of this thing is premium and the support is as well. So this system will likely last for a decade or more. It's even perfectly upgradable. It's very expensive, but if it guarantees that I'll have no headaches because of fixing and finding out issues for a decade, maybe it's even worth it.

I spend most of my time in front of the PC. I almost never drive a car or need a car. A PC is the one thing that I always use for many different purposes. It would be a one time investment for the next decade of PC usage. Why not spending extra for a premium. Premium is always better, just because it lasts longer and causes no headaches and problems. And even if something happens, Apple Support is optimized for their own hardware and can fix it all. Having one premium PC that never fails is better then fuzzing about with 2-3 different desktops the next 10 years and having to find out all sort of crap. I'm a tech enthusiast, but I heavily dislike fixing PC things when I just want it to work. Out of the box. 

It is a lot of money. But the money is worth it if I no longer need to waste time fixing and finding out issues that shouldn't be there. Having everything working perfectly for a decade and saving headaches and time is worth more then the premium price tag.

Rather spend one premium price once, then trying out 3-4 different ones until one works. Or maybe I'm just talking bullshit and not seeing it from another perspective. In that case, please feel free to change my mind. 

Your current desktop may just have something mismatched or the way you are using it is affecting it's stability. If it's the latter then mac os isn't going to fix your issues one bit. Maybe just ask for some help fixing the current system first and after that see where that gets you.

I see you want the system to last 10 years which is basically impossible. For one newer apple hardware is just lower quality and sure there are exceptions but I very much doubt the mac pro will reach 10 years. The other thing is, is that apple is ditching intel so expect maybe 2-3 years of updates before your device is left in the dust just like they did with their powerpc macs.

Do note that Mac Pros are generally not meant for the same use cases as a $2000 PC. Heck, they start at $5999, with configurations that actually make sense costing even more than that.

I don't really want to comment on the whole "reliability" aspect, if even just to not start a potential flame war, as it's quite the common occurance nowadays, but I'd first make sure that all your components and software are set up correctly. I'm not trying to say that you're totally wrong or whatever, but I've built systems that ran fine for years, and I'm sure others have as well. Both Macs and PCs can have issues, but both can also not, or at least have very few, if set up correctly and/or not messed around with in an uneducated manner.

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The other thing is, is that apple is ditching intel so expect maybe 2-3 years of updates before your device is left in the dust just like they did with their powerpc macs.

Yeah, that as well. This likely isn't quite the best time to buy a Mac if you expect to get 7+ years out of it.

14 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Oh, your workflow revolves around macOS and applications that are specific to it? That, and you need a Xeon and/or ECC memory for who knows what?

Oh well I guess you're just not an EnThUsIaSt /s

Edited by Mateyyy

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Ok, let’s break this down.

28 minutes ago, Blizzforte said:

I just need a reliable and great PC that lasts a long time.

A custom is literally the most reliable, along with being the one that will last the longest time.

I'm tired of having issues with my Desktop PC and I spend 2K for that system. There is always something not working correctly and I'm tired of it. If one is spending so much money, it must just work and last a long time.

That’s on you. There is a reason it is not working, you probably have not configured it correctly.

Now I'm just thinking about buying a Mac Pro for this reason. The build of this thing is premium and the support is as well.

Support is premium? I haven’t heard a better joke all day. If premium to you is replacing the whole system because of something small like a faulty RAM stick, and then charging $10k for it.

So this system will likely last for a decade or more. It's even perfectly upgradable. It's very expensive, but if it guarantees that I'll have no headaches because of fixing and finding out issues for a decade, maybe it's even worth it.

Probably no. Considering Macs are moving towards ARM, OS and Support updates will slow and eventually stop well before a decade.

I spend most of my time in front of the PC. I almost never drive a car or need a car. A PC is the one thing that I always use for many different purposes. It would be a one time investment for the next decade of PC usage. Why not spending extra for a premium.

Because you are not getting a Premium with a Mac lmao. 

Premium is always better, just because it lasts longer and causes no headaches and problems. And even if something happens, Apple Support is optimized for their own hardware and can fix it all.

? Premium =/= quality. Let’s take a look at a Corsair K95 Platinum XT, for example. It’s a ‘premium’ product, yet it is not a good quality product. You can get better keyboards for 1/2 the price.

Apple Support is optimized for their own hardware and can fix it all.

That’s an EXTREMELY broad statement. They have to cover PCs, Phones, Watches, Earphones, Apple TV, OSes, Tablets, and more. Most PC companies have to cover less than this, yet Apple is somehow ‘optimized for their own hardware’?

I'm a tech enthusiast, but I heavily dislike fixing PC things when I just want it to work. Out of the box. 

I highly doubt you are a tech enthusiast then.

It is a lot of money. But the money is worth it if I no longer need to waste time fixing and finding out issues that shouldn't be there. Having everything working perfectly for a decade and saving headaches and time is worth more then the premium price tag

And what if I told you you could get just as much reliability by spending 1/2 or even a 1/3 of the price?

Or maybe I'm just talking bullshit and not seeing it from another perspective. In that case, please feel free to change my mind.

Take a look at a company called Puget Systems. They custom build workstations for whatever tasks you are doing, and then provide support for it.

Edited by gloop
Something

10 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

I'm sorry but that one is on you. If that wasn't your fault, then everyone else would have issues as well.

My system is working great, because it's configured well and I know how to use it properly.

Some people dont want to babysit their computer. Windows will literally just break itself for no reason.

Daily Driver (Lenovo Y700 Laptop)

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

250GB Samsung 970 Evo | 500GB Samung 840 Evo 

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

Bedroom HTPC and Emulation Box

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

Living Room HTPC - Optiplex 790 SFF

Manjaro Linux  |||  Intel Core i5-2400  |||  8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon HD 5450

120GB SSD

Just now, seapriestess said:

Some people dont want to babysit their computer. Windows will literally just break itself for no reason.

Never happened to me in my private use or my experience as an IT professional. If something like that occured, usually bad hardware was at fault or the PEBKAC.
The PC needs to be maintained properly, not "babysat". If you don't know how to use the system in a "best practice" way, then that's on you, not on the system.

That doesn't mean it can never happen, but it can also happen to a MacOS system or a Linux installation.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 minutes ago, seapriestess said:

I find that not true. If you let windows be and don't start doing any weird stuff it kinda just keeps going. Best examples are small businesses that have a couple desktops running. If their users just do their work and not start doing any sketchy website visits or install/download weird crap those systems still run after half a decade. Sure they will have slowed down a bit but other than that they are fine. Especially the ssd ones those basically don't come back for maintenance until they get replaced.

3 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Never happened to me in my private use or my experience as an IT professional. If something like that occured, usually bad hardware was at fault or the PEBKAC.
The PC needs to be maintained properly, not "babysat". If you don't know how to use the system in a "best practice" way, then that's on you, not on the system.

That doesn't mean it can never happen, but it can also happen to a MacOS system or a Linux installation.

I assure you that I am fully aware of best practices for using windows, but was still reinstalling every 6 months, maintaining it properly. After switching to linux, maintaining my software actually did something, and I dont have to worry about it breaking for no reason.

Its possible that I just have bad luck.

Fully aware that it can happen on Mac, trust me, I used to be an IT intern, the macs we had would do the same thing.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I find that not true. If you let windows be and don't start doing any weird stuff it kinda just keeps going. Best examples are small businesses that have a couple desktops running. If their users just do their work and not start doing any sketchy website visits or install/download weird crap those systems still run after half a decade. Sure they will have slowed down a bit but other than that they are fine. Especially the ssd ones those basically don't come back for maintenance until they get replaced.

If i let windows be it updates and breaks even though I told it not to. Also I do not visit sketchy websites, I always say that the best antivirus is common sense.

Daily Driver (Lenovo Y700 Laptop)

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

250GB Samsung 970 Evo | 500GB Samung 840 Evo 

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

Bedroom HTPC and Emulation Box

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

Living Room HTPC - Optiplex 790 SFF

Manjaro Linux  |||  Intel Core i5-2400  |||  8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon HD 5450

120GB SSD

38 minutes ago, Blizzforte said:

It's very expensive, but if it guarantees that I'll have no headaches because of fixing and finding out issues for a decade, maybe it's even worth it.

36 minutes ago, Blizzforte said:

Premium is always better, just because it lasts longer and causes no headaches and problems. And even if something happens, Apple Support is optimized for their own hardware and can fix it all. Having one premium PC that never fails is better then fuzzing about with 2-3 different desktops the next 10 years and having to find out all sort of crap.

Nothing is immune from problems, ever. Having the mindset of "Apple computers don't fail" is a very irresponsible mentality to have.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

16 minutes ago, gloop said:

A custom is literally the most reliable, along with being the one that will last the longest time.

If that is true, I can consider it. 

That’s on you. There is a reason it is not working, you probably have not configured it correctly.

My build is a pre-build from MSI. That's on them for not configuring it correctly. I just bought the system in good trust that a professional company build reliable systems. Also, the PC was perma freezing the first week I bought it. That's not on me, as I hadn't even installed any software then except Steam and a browser.

Support is premium? I haven’t heard a better joke all day. If premium to you is replacing the whole system because of something small like a faulty RAM stick, and then charging $10k for it.

Is that realistic or an exaggeration? I can't imagine they charging that much for an issue that's on them.

I highly doubt you are a tech enthusiast then.

Enthusiast (noun), definition: a person who is very interested in a particular activity or subject.

And what if I told you you could get just as much reliability by spending 1/2 or even a 1/3 of the price?

Then I would be happy and consider that option as long as I get what I pay for without getting a headache for the next 5-10 years.

Take a look at a company called Puget Systems. They custom build workstations for whatever takes you are doing, and then provide support for it.

Will take a look. Thanks.  

10 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Oh, your workflow revolves around macOS and applications that are specific to it? That, and you need a Xeon and/or ECC memory for who knows what?

Oh well I guess you're just not an EnThUsIaSt /s

Thats a special case. Like some factory that hunts old pc:s to keep some 40 year old line running.

Plus op thought he could buy a mac pro as an enthusiast and be happy about the performance for 10 years. Its slower than competition already and its about to get a lot worse after zen3.

29 minutes ago, Blizzforte said:

If that is true, I can consider it. 

My build is a pre-build from MSI. That's on them for not configuring it correctly. I just bought the system in good trust that a professional company build reliable systems. Also, the PC was perma freezing the first week I bought it. That's not on me, as I hadn't even installed any software then except Steam and a browser.

Is that realistic or an exaggeration? I can't imagine they charging that much for an issue that's on them.

Enthusiast (noun), definition: a person who is very interested in a particular activity or subject.

Then I would be happy and consider that option as long as I get what I pay for without getting a headache for the next 5-10 years.

Will take a look. Thanks.  

The thing with a self built is that you get to choose the parts thus you decide the quality of the components. Instead of getting some mishmash in a prebuilt and hope it lasts.

If your msi system was already having issues in the first week you should have returned it. You simply got unlucky and got a defective unit. Every single company has those units. It could also be that you got a system that has known issues that you weren't aware off like having a terrible cooler on a cpu that overloads it quickly causing thermal issues for the whole device. Funny enough all apple devices part from the mac pro have thermal issues too :p.

It's not an exaggeration apple support will always charge you the most they can to get you to buy a new device or simply just refuse. Like a loose cable will cost you at least 500$ normally and that only scales up for how expensive the device is.

Really just making your own is the easiest option because then you know what to do when eventually something needs replacing or an upgrade. 10 years for a computer is long and depending on your usecase might just not be a feasible solution. If it's for lets say gaming. Sure you can get a killer system now for 5k with the best of the best stuff but in 5 years time every single part will be outdated and low to medium end at best that same system could then be built for about 600$ with new parts. That is why it's always better to just get a good system now upgrade if you are lacking something in a few years time and when the time comes that it just doesn't do what you want anymore at a desired speed get a new one for around 1000$. Do keep in mind that it is best practice to reinstall windows every 3 or so years to keep it nice and fresh. Sure you can just not do it but it is recommended as over time you can collect a lot of clutter and that could cause a little slowdown.

Pudget systems is a higher end system builder. They are very good but depending on your usecase others could be better for you.

Could you tell us what your current msi system is (model and specs)?

I wonder though. Why does something have to last for 10 years? Technology just isn't made for longevity these days. Not in terms of hardware or software. Spend less money and be open to getting 5 years out of something vs. being disappointed when you don't hit the 10 mark. Spending $2k on a PC doesn't make it premium. The things that went into its creation and support are what make something premium. As others have suggested, if you are after something well built and well supported and do not want to do it yourself, Puget is the way to go.

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Build Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

25 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Pudget systems is a higher end system builder. They are very good but depending on your usecase others could be better for you.

What about Origin PC's? They're pre-build and premium as well? 

25 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Could you tell us what your current msi system is (model and specs)?

MSI Infinite A

i7-8700 CPU
16GB RAM
Samsung SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

B360M BAZOOKA

I can't even update the BIOS. Now that's something in another thread I've made but it just shows how annoyed I am with having an relatively expensive system that fails, and why I'm considering premium. 

5 minutes ago, Blizzforte said:

MSI Infinite A

i7-8700 CPU
16GB RAM
Samsung SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

B360M BAZOOKA

I can't even update the BIOS. Now that's something in another thread I've made but it just shows how annoyed I am with having an relatively expensive system that fails, and why I'm considering premium. 

Ok first of all lets make something clear. Premium does not in any way shape or form mean quality. What you are looking for is a quality system. Origin pc overcharges a lot for what they give you and isn't the greatest. I mean they are in the pudget systems class of price but no where near their support.

Why can't you update the bios and why would you even want to? If it's working fine don't even bother.

Oh and about the msi infinite A. It's just a shitty prebuilt made out of parts you could have bought in the store for cheaper and with a 30 min yt video you could have assembled it better. That thing is known for massive thermal issues which could have easily been avoided with less work in assembly and a 25$ cooler.

Do you want to fix your current msi? It's easy enough to do and will make it function like a normal self built system.

11 minutes ago, Blizzforte said:

SOME Origin PCs are premium. Some just ride the coat tails of the brand name. This is why one cannot look at brand names as a whole and consider something premium in terms of technology. The word premium in and of itself is meaningless. It gets attached to everything, as does the Pro moniker.

Look at where money goes. You have premium brands that are premium because they say they are premium. The money goes to marketing.

You have premium brands that are premium because the money goes into support and validation. That premium name is built on reputation.

Validation can then go into a few categories too. Like the Mac Pro. LOTS of its money goes into validation. It uses CPUs that have TONS of money that went into validation. You have the Radeon Pro Duo that had TONS of money poured into validation. But validation for who? Probably not you. It's for certain industries, not average consumers. This is why you have people buying what some call "slower" computers. I prefer to call them purpose built. This is why you have to be careful. The purpose in that purpose-built system might not be YOUR purpose.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Ok first of all lets make something clear. Premium does not in any way shape or form mean quality. What you are looking for is a quality system. Origin pc overcharges a lot for what they give you and isn't the greatest. I mean they are in the pudget systems class of price but no where near their support.

Why can't you update the bios and why would you even want to? If it's working fine don't even bother.

Oh and about the msi infinite A. It's just a shitty prebuilt made out of parts you could have bought in the store for cheaper and with a 30 min yt video you could have assembled it better. That thing is known for massive thermal issues which could have easily been avoided with less work in assembly and a 25$ cooler.

Do you want to fix your current msi? It's easy enough to do and will make it function like a normal self built system.

That would mean I have to replace every component except the case because it's unknown where the perma-freeze issue comes from. That would make it as expensive as just buying a new PC. Now the prices on Pudget Systems are just as pricey as the Mac Pro. I could just go with the Mac Pro then. 

The BIOS would maybe fix the perma-freeze issue, that's why.