Amazon Prime Video app arrives to Microsoft Store

GoodBytes

Amazon Prime Video now joins Netflix with its own UWP app which can be downloaded from the Windows 10 Store app.

The app allows you to steam Amazon Prime videos in high quality and download them for offline viewing.

Capture.thumb.PNG.249707b5de7d333d487b48273df2a050.PNG

If you don't have the subscription, then you can use to directly rent or purchase your shows and movies directly from the app (if available in your country)

You can download it here:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9P6RC76MSMMJ

Engadget reports:

It's been a long wait, but Windows 10 users can finally download Amazon Prime Video to their computer. The UWP app’s most notable feature is that it allows you to download content for offline watching. That will be handy once it's safe to travel again.

[...]

It's also possible to use the app to watch any movies and shows you bought through Amazon. Movies Anywhere subscribers can do the same as well. In some countries, the software also allows you to rent content, as well as subscribe to Prime Video Channels like HBO and Showtime. For the most part, those are all features you can access on Prime Videos web client, but they’re nice to have inside of an app.

Source: https://www.engadget.com/amazon-prime-video-windows-10-now-available-210150549.html

It must be noted, that when you get the app, by default, the video quality is set to "Better", and not the max "Best". So if you get it, be sure to go under the app settings and change the video quality settings.

1747724000_Annotation2020-07-03105745.png.72940ec317eb267161bbf0b2becc9c97.png

Personally, I have it installed it on my HTPC, with Netflix and Spotify. I use an air mouse, with a custom and use Windows 10 Tablet mode for a super fast and responsive smart TV + Steam Link. I also installed it on my Surface Pro for ease of use when using touch screen. And desktop for quick browsing.

So, what Amazon originals are worth paying a subscription for? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

5 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

The Boys 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

7 minutes ago, Slottr said:

The Boys 

That’s it?

Edit: Btw, looking at the trailer of The Boys makes me think it’s like Suicide Squad but better. 

Edited by captain_to_fire

12 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

That’s it?

Edit: Btw, looking at the trailer of The Boys makes me think it’s like Suicide Squad but better. 

That’s just my favorite out of all of them.

Jack Ryan was a fine action/thriller show. Then there’s a bunch of others, like homecoming that were decent 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

34 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Good Omens, The Expanse, The Man in the High Castle, Fleabag, Goliath.
oh also Person of Interest is on it Internationally 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

1 minute ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Good Omens, The Expanse, The Man in the High Castle, Fleabag, Goliath.
oh also Person of Interest is on it Internationally 

I don't agree on the rest, but Good Omens was absolutely fantastic, The Expanse is a pleasure for scifi-nerds, The Man in the High Castle was great (except for the ending, which was a lame cop-out) and Goliath is also deffo worth watching.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

57 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

So, what Amazon originals streaming services are worth paying a subscription for? 

Fixed. i cancelled most of my subscriptions because when ever i wanted to watch something, it just happened to be on another service that i didn't have, so what was the point in having something that had nothing of what i wanted

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

18 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I don't agree on the rest

you don't agree on Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel?

AgedHeartyFrigatebird-size_restricted.gi

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Just now, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

you don't agree on Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel?

Well, I haven't seen The Boys yet, though it is on the list. Mrs. Maisel, Fleabag or POI are, however, not to my liking.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

6 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Well, I haven't seen The Boys yet, though it is on the list. Mrs. Maisel, Fleabag or POI are, however, not to my liking.

so say you "while i can't comment on...", you can't say "i don't agree on" someone else's opinion if you haven't seen them. 

PS you like Expanse but POI is not to your liking? means you haven't even heard of its brilliance. google it out, its a Sci-Fi masterpiece bu Nolan and JJ scored by Ramin Djawadi  

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

22 minutes ago, Arika S said:

so what was the point in having something that had nothing of what i wanted

30 day trial dear 😉 

Also, Amazon Prime Video is cheaper than Netflix and someone can pay just for one month and cancel afterwards. 

UWP applications are so rare that the release of one warrants its own news thread.

Nice app though.

Also, if you do any sort of shopping on Amazon, free two day shipping can save a lot of money.

And Tales From The Loop.

Just installed on my system with a TV attached, which has a native app anyway, but I don't like to have the TV net connected. Seems to work pretty much like going through a browser but without having to navigate through the rest of Amazon's site first.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

wish they would just integrate into plex

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I thought it was already on the store, I have had it on xbone for ages. oh well.

Amazons football (English Premier League) coverage is excellent.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I'd wish for a Mac app but looks like Safari supports 4k HDR streaming anyway on Big Sur. No downloads however, which is annoying!

14 hours ago, WereCatf said:

I don't agree on the rest, but Good Omens was absolutely fantastic, The Expanse is a pleasure for scifi-nerds, The Man in the High Castle was great (except for the ending, which was a lame cop-out) and Goliath is also deffo worth watching.

High Castle was great until they fired the showrunner at the end of season 2. After that it turned into trash. It got so bad that even the main actress said F it.

It's about time. Just downloaded it. Already finished The Expanse though in-browser. :'v

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

On 7/3/2020 at 11:43 AM, Slottr said:

That’s just my favorite out of all of them.

Jack Ryan was a fine action/thriller show. Then there’s a bunch of others, like homecoming that were decent 

Jack Ryan was awesome. Season two was.... good but not as good. I hope they bring it back up to par with the third season.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs