LTT: This is 50x faster than your PC… HOLY $H!T

jakkuh_t

Today we take a look at an SSD from Liqid dubbed the Honey Badger, and its nearly 50x than the average SATA SSD, HOLY $H!T.

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

In case you were wondering, the morse code says TUIT for some reason.

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

When is the techquckie rant video for not having tool-less M.2s yet? Or make it an LTT video? Could probably 3D print your own mechanism.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

When is the techquckie rant video for not having tool-less M.2s yet? Or make it an LTT video? Could probably 3D print your own mechanism.

Wait is that an actual complaint people have about it ?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Wait is that an actual complaint people have about it ?

I CAN NEVER FIND THE STUPID SCREW OR STANDOFF

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

I CAN NEVER FIND THE STUPID SCREW OR STANDOFF

Man I must be living in the stone age or something but I find even the Bluetooth frequency problem a non issue for me 🤣

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

I mean it's only around 200Gb/s so you'd need roughly two of them to saturate a 400Gb/s link :(

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Man, that's fast.

50x faster than your typical Sata SSD.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

Man, that's fast.

50x faster than your typical Sata SSD.

The only SSD that won't bottleneck a 3990x 

The sad part is that's not false 🤣

Build Log: 

This isn't even a clickbait title, it's a straight up lie.

"This" is not 50x faster than someone's PC, it's a component that has no use unless it's in a system.

I know clickbait is a forgone conclusion now, but please avoid just straight up lying about what the video is in the title.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Patriot Viper VP4100 does 800K IOPS read and write. Should have used that bad boy.

Intel Core i7-13700F | ASUS Z690M PLUS D4 | 2x16GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz CL16 | Zotac RTX 4070 Super 12GB | WD SN770 2TB SSD | Fractal ION+ 860W Platinum | Fractal Focus G Mini Case | Alienware 27" 1440p 240Hz G-SYNC Ultimate | Logitech THX 2.1 Speakers | Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

This isn't even a clickbait title, it's a straight up lie.

"This" is not 50x faster than someone's PC, it's a component that has no use unless it's in a system.

I know clickbait is a forgone conclusion now, but please avoid just straight up lying about what the video is in the title.

I don't get the problem with these type of titles 

Like just watch the damn video and don't not pick about literally everything 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

I don't get the problem with these type of titles 

Like just watch the damn video and don't not pick about literally everything 

I don't care if they use clickbait. Intentionally lying in the title is another issue, it's just obnoxious.

Just now, Vitamanic said:

I don't care if they use clickbait. Intentionally lying in the title is another issue, it's just obnoxious.

I didn't even get bothered / nor did I even notice it 

Build Log: 

I didn't even get bothered / nor did I even notice it 

Well, you have your position and I have mine. /shrug

When I scroll through my feed, I'd like to know when I click on a title that it at least has some semblance of honesty about the contents. 

Just now, Vitamanic said:

Well, you have your position and I have mine. /shrug

When I scroll through my feed, I'd like to know when I click on a title that it at least has some semblance of honesty about the contents. 

If you really want to be nitpicky 

Technically speaking if you only look at the numbers 

This is probably around 50 times as fast as your pc 

But obviously in the real world it's not but it's kind of not a lie because as I said above "technically" speaking it is 

Build Log: 

If you really want to be nitpicky 

Technically speaking if you only look at the numbers 

This is probably around 50 times as fast as your pc 

But obviously in the real world it's not but it's kind of not a lie because as I said above "technically" speaking it is 

That card isn't faster than any PC, that's my point. It's a PCIe card, not a computer. A Commodore 64 is faster than that card in the context they used for the title. 

They clickbaited their clickbait, some kind of clickbait inception.

This seems to be why Linus was upset over Sony’s claim that the PS5 storage outperformed PC storage. The only thing is that 100% of PS5 owners will have 8GB/sec to 9GB/sec while something like <0.01% of PC owners will be able to say that they have that or better. It can be done, but it does not exist as far as game developers should be concerned. They cannot hope to depend on it on the PC.

Linus said it has no use at LMG. Give him a minute or so, he'll come up with a scheme that incorporates this device ;)

(based on the video-making workflow at LMG, there's a case to be made for using it the way Liqid intents!)

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

I'm a bit confused about those files they were playing in 4K there. At first Linus talked about 500 Mbit/s for all 16 files, so around 30 Mbit/s per file or 3.75 Mb/s.

And then Jake said each video in 4K had about 500 Mbit/s or let's say around 60 Mb/s.

So we are actually talking about video bitrate here, right?

Because I've got a couple of 4K movies on my PC and the MediaInfo tool also tells me about the 'Overall Bit Rate', which is, depending on the compression and format usually around 50 to sometimes up to 80 Mb/s. So that would be within the typical range of a 4K movie file for me with their 60 Mb/s per video here.

But when you google for 'data transfer rates', at least for the German Wikipedia page (there is no analogue English version for that) it tells you about 10 - 14 GBit/s for 4K, which is, confusing enough as it's called xbit/s as well, I think used to describe things like cables. Like, I just bought a 4K DP cable that said 21.5 Gbit/s on the cable. 

Dunno, it just got a bit confusing to me when they were talking about all sorts of speeds and then used bit/s for the total bitrate of the 4K clips, and then dividing stuff by 8 and by 16 for the number of clips, etc. Really had to pause the clip and think about it for a second.

But still very impressive, I had to test a couple of premium videoplayers to even get 4K files at these high rates to play on my system with those files playing of a slow 8 TB HDD with SMR (with a lot of buffering and caching)....

1 hour ago, Vitamanic said:

That card isn't faster than any PC, that's my point. It's a PCIe card, not a computer. A Commodore 64 is faster than that card in the context they used for the title. 

It's a HOLY $H!T episode what do you expect ?

It's always been this way...

U are just complaining for the sake of complaining..... 

Everyone is using clickbait XD, and this is faaaaaarrrr from the worst case scenario.....

U are just accusing them for lying for no real reason..... 

Sometimes youtubers are just youtubers man, they clickbaitin.

And sometimes haters are just haters, they keep on hatin for no real reason :D 

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

10 minutes ago, Void Master said:

U are just accusing them for lying for no real reason..... 

Nobody said that.  We all know they do it for more views.

@Vitamanic I recommend you unsubscribe. It's less annoyance in your life.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

And while they are at it, could they please change the stupid faces they use for the thumbnail preview? 99% of them look like they should say BRAZZERS in the corner...………...