HP Envy x360 laptops with Ryzen 4000 processors now up for sale

The HP envy x360 laptops are now finally up for sale:

13" :    https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-x360-laptop-13z-ay000-8lz58av-1

15" :    https://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?catalogId=10051&langId=-1&storeId=10151&urlLangId=&catEntryId=3074457345619623818&quantity=1

The 13" starts at $699 for ryzen 3 4300u , 8 GB ram, 128 GB SSD and goes upto $1449 for ryzen 7 4700u, 16 GB ram and 1TB SSD version.

Unlike many other brands HP has not kneecapped the Ryzen series laptops, it can be had with upto 16 GB ram , 1000 nits display,WiFi 6 Intel AX200 cards. 

P.S. This is my first post here, if this not the right place or there's any problem with the post please let me know 🙂

Very good. Decent options. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

hmmm something doesnt seem right about the first review

image.png.231b1712c63e716a4359896357a75e1b.png

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

8 minutes ago, leadeater said:

First 6-8 months? Time traveler?

I think many reviews online these days are fake. Could be a competitor paying people to write bad reviews of all kinds of products.

Even Amazon "verified purchase" reviews are not to be trusted, because manufacturers make dummy accounts, purchase their own products, and then write their own reviews. Or pay other people to do it.

Can't really trust user reviews anymore, or should be taken with a huge grain of salt at least. Only trust (professional) reviewers you know and trust.

Or if you want to know if a product is durable / will last: just google something like: "Product X failure / error, problem" and see what comes up.

45 minutes ago, WambleCropped said:

-snip-

14 minutes ago, leadeater said:

-snippy-

7 minutes ago, maartendc said:

-snip snip-

Likely to be a legitimate customer but left a review on the wrong model. As far as i'm aware HP doesn't have any kind of pre-validation to confirm people are leaving reviews on correct items.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Arika S said:

Likely to be a legitimate customer but left a review on the wrong model. As far as i'm aware HP doesn't have any kind of pre-validation to confirm people are leaving reviews on correct items.

yeah that likley the case

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

56 minutes ago, WambleCropped said:

Did that person create another account so they can yes on themself?

SAD

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, WambleCropped said:

You know, if the laptop is shutting down after 6 months of use - a smarter man would maybe, I don't know, use their warranty and get it replaced?

1 minute ago, Kaloob said:

SMH, you shouldn't ever have to use a warranty. If one unit of a product line is defective, just throw the whole line out and start over. /s

Burn the factory imho

16 minutes ago, Kaloob said:

Let's take the extra step and shut down the company. We cannot forgive them for the crimes to humanity they have committed by shipping the reviewer a defective laptop.

Also execute the CEO and drag the board in the streets ala GoT

Keep in mind the 1000 nits panel has a built in privacy screen, the brightness you’ll see through that screen is much less.

IF I were in the market for a new laptop I would pick one of these up  in a second.  

4 hours ago, Uttamattamakin said:

IF I were in the market for a new laptop I would pick one of these up  in a second.  

Why wait, just buy now. The more you buy the more you save.

Does the 13” use LPDDR? The memory seems tied to the CPU choice on 13” which tends to make me think so.

-= Moved to General Discussion =-

Does not meet posting guidelines.

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is. This needs to be MORE than just a quick, single comment to meet the posting guidelines.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required. It should be to the point and not be done in such a way as to mislead a reader, such as clickbait, etc.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 5/9/2020 at 5:42 PM, leadeater said:

Why wait, just buy now. The more you buy the more you save.

I am happy with the laptop I have.   It's a bit old but I seem to have won the silicon lottery with this one OR maybe HP bins the CPU's and rejects using parts that don't bin well.  HP makes perhaps the best convertible PC's.  They've done it since WAY before it was cool.  IJS. 

Pretty cool to see HP including AMD's Ryzen chips in their laptops. I got a HP Spectre 15" with an 8th gen i7 from 2018 and thank god I have extended warranty from BestBuy cause I'm having problems with cooling and the display now, but I gotta wait until the lockdown is over. Overall, its a good laptop with a great display and great sound. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I'm waiting on the probook line to get its 4000 refresh. hopefully they will also put in bigger than the wimpy 45Wh batteries. there is easily space in there for a 60WH+ and given how power sipping 4xxxU chips are I think with that at least double the battery life of my 3500U version.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

i wonder if they still have the high idle surface temps the the previous ryzen models had. I also wish they made the chassis more rigid, shouldn't have to go for a spectre to have something that does't feel like it will bend in your hand

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

43 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

I am happy with the laptop I have.   It's a bit old but I seem to have won the silicon lottery with this one OR maybe HP bins the CPU's and rejects using parts that don't bin well.  HP makes perhaps the best convertible PC's.  They've done it since WAY before it was cool.  IJS. 

Don't worry it was just a double Nvidia joke, hopefully somebody remembers those references 🙂

I don't replace anything unless it actually needs to be, kinda no point otherwise.