LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Noob here. Got my GTX 770 and 1070 working full throttle.

11 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm already planning to waive that specific requirement, I'm just trying to work out the best way to move forward.

Don't worry, no one will miss out due to the server outage, I am monitoring the situation with the F@H servers closely over the next few days. 

Thank you for this! Wanting to help the best I can, and that requirement with the shortage would have been unfortunate

12 minutes ago, minibois said:

When my PC finally gets a WU:

NjFNKFN.png

I got my laptop running as well, so at least I have something going on..

Leave it running overnight, I got like 3-5 cpu wus done and 1 gpu wu done afaik.

might get all the paper work done rn, the Jimmy Johns location I manage has only had 1 customer today because of Kate browns delivery or drive up rule.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, SNReloaded said:

Thank you for this! Wanting to help the best I can, and that requirement with the shortage would have been unfortunate

No worries! Much like the epidemic the situation with the folding servers is ongoing and ever evolving but I will ensure one way or another that this will not cause anyone to miss out. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Got 11 WUs today so far, but that only kept my 2 PCs busy for like a quarter of the day each. Had a few tiny CPU ones, like 30mins and 2500 ish points.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

44 minutes ago, RestlessRancor said:

Hussah! A friend let me borrow his old GPU so I just increased my productivity by about 50%

Ironically, the GTX 780 was able to get a WU, but the 980 was not 😂

F@H.JPG

Dude, same here. The 390x doesn't seem to have any issues getting them, but the Vega will go hours without anything. I'm assuming they must have some type of algorithm to assign them, would be really interesting to see what it looks like. That or its just blind luck because the servers are slammed right now haha.

2 minutes ago, Spaceduck413 said:

Dude, same here. The 390x doesn't seem to have any issues getting them, but the Vega will go hours without anything. I'm assuming they must have some type of algorithm to assign them, would be really interesting to see what it looks like. That or its just blind luck because the servers are slammed right now haha.

I did think it might be due to the 780 being slot 00, and the 980 being slot 01.

If it attempts slot 00 first, then 01 second that might be why, though I expect there's also some sort of algorithm as you say because in the logs it says "No WUs available for this configuration".

I don't know, perhaps a bit of both?

2 hours ago, x17andrew71x said:

But does it go toward LTT group event? idts

Probably not, even though there is a LTT group overthere too. But I don't care it's for SCIENCE!!!! :)

Just now, BrewThatStew said:

Walked out into my garage where my folding farm is and it was actually warm in there

Nice! Shows you the rigs are working hard

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

33 minutes ago, RestlessRancor said:

I did think it might be due to the 780 being slot 00, and the 980 being slot 01.

If it attempts slot 00 first, then 01 second that might be why, though I expect there's also some sort of algorithm as you say because in the logs it says "No WUs available for this configuration".

I don't know, perhaps a bit of both?

You may be on to something with the slots, my 390x is in folding slot 0. I'm going to switch things around and see if it makes a difference.

Hey, wonder if anyone could answer my question?

The start date of the competition says March 27th, but I’ve already signed up to the list. Does this mean that none of my folding points will be counted from now - start date?

I don’t really care, gonna do it anyway. Just wondering :)

Thanks!

22 hours ago, leadeater said:

As a reminder you need to set your FAH client to Fold for team LTT, 223518, to be counted in the event. There are people who have entered who are not folding under the team so won't appear in the stats tracking.

I checked my stats for my username (RunningRaptors) and my team rank is 12,305 and not 6 which is what 223518 is. But in the FAH window it does say I am folding under the team 223518. Is it just not updated? been folding under this team for about two days now.

1 minute ago, Running Raptors said:

I checked my stats for my username (RunningRaptors) and my team rank is 12,305 and not 6 which is what 223518 is. But in the FAH window it does say I am folding under the team 223518. Is it just not updated? been folding under this team for about two days now.

Team rank is your rank within the team

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, essasetic said:

Ah damn, I think I signed up too late 😢

Nope, entries are still open

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Nope, entries are still open

Yeah but I literally just made my account. I don't think it'll be 10 days old by the shut-off date.

2 minutes ago, essasetic said:

Yeah but I literally just made my account. I don't think it'll be 10 days old by the shut-off date.

That's not what it means... You need to fold for 10 day... but this is likely to be waived anyway due to the server issues

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

The event STARTS in 10 days, and the 10 day thing is that you must fold for 10 days during the event.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Not's not what it means... You need to fold for 10 day... but this is likely to be waived anyway due to the server issues

Oh I see. I thought the account on this forum had to be 10 days old.

Thanks for the clarification although my i5 8400 still has a long way to go.

Folding@Home.PNG

Dang my 1070 keeps getting WUs now, but the 2080S and the CPUs are asleep...

F@H

GPD Win 2