LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

7 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Right lets get back on topic...

How are you all doing today with the WU flow?

Have had no issues getting WU. Appears there may have been a hiccup in the stats server last night as i got 5.8 million points and 53 WU complete at 3am and only did 6 Million PPD yesterday with 74 WU. (normally average 9 Million PPD with 100-150 WU) 🤔 Nothing has been idle according to my HFM.NET install. 🤷‍♂️Back to Work.

1 minute ago, ZombieStew said:

Have had no issues getting WU. Appears there may have been a hiccup in the stats server last night as i got 5.8 million points and 53 WU complete at 3am and only did 6 Million PPD yesterday with 74 WU. (normally average 9 Million PPD with 100-150 WU) 🤔 Nothing has been idle according to my HFM.NET install. 🤷‍♂️Back to Work.

It was F@H forcing a stats correction for the WUs that didn't get recorded over the last few weeks. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

19 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Right lets get back on topic...

How are you all doing today with the WU flow?

Advance flag set, next WU is downloaded before the previous one is uploaded Going on 48 hours non-stop.

Capture.JPG.d3fc342ab45982c63bcf73d9519ff7f9.JPG

Just now, C3Shark said:

Advance flag set, next WU is downloaded before the previous one is uploaded Going on 48 hours non-stop.

Capture.JPG.d3fc342ab45982c63bcf73d9519ff7f9.JPG

Glad to hear!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

spiderfold.png.63ada1d55de8cf87168c68cb856231ee.png

Remember, fellas: 

Games are temporary.

Imaginary folding points and the benefits of research? Permanent.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

What's the size difference on advanced vs normal in your experience?

Heat difference?  If it's any more heat I can't run it on my Shift.  May well try on the open-air.

Looking at ~1.4 Million PPD with everything churning away at WU's Hope it helps ❤️

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Imaginary folding points and the benefits of research? Permanent.

Hopefully.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, minibois said:

spiderfold.png.63ada1d55de8cf87168c68cb856231ee.png

Remember, fellas: 

Games are temporary.

Imaginary folding points and the benefits of research? Permanent.

I'd feel too guilty playing games with my classes "resumed" to enjoy them.  Stupid online-only option.  I chose in-person specifically to keep my lazy forgetful butt accountable dangit!

Folding@Home should realy get rid of this ugly background of the web control page !

It looks like a blue shower tile which has never been cleaned !!!

Maybe a plain grey background like here on the forums page would not only be much nicer to look at for soo many hours, it would even save some tiny little bit rendering performance on more than 400.000 GPUs... 

tile.JPG

1 minute ago, Lightdrake77 said:

Folding@Home should realy get rid of this ugly background of the web control page !

Maybe a plain grey background like here on the forums page would not only be much nicer to look at for soo many hours, it would even save some tiny little bit rendering performance on more than 400.000 GPUs... 

tile.JPG

Tweet them about it

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

What's the size difference on advanced vs normal in your experience?

Heat difference?  If it's any more heat I can't run it on my Shift.  May well try on the open-air.

My biggest one was 355,236. Took north of 3 hours on an RTX2070 Super 3 never saw over 61C.

1 minute ago, Lightdrake77 said:

If you're technically inclined and curious you could probably look for and find the HTML files and modify them.  I'd guess that's just a picture resource you could easily replace.

Just now, C3Shark said:

My biggest one was 355,236. Took north of 3 hours on an RTX2070 Super 3 never saw over 61C.

I might be misunderstanding things. Turning on advanced gets a larger size WU? I thought it just allowed you to grab a WU sooner.

2 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

If you're technically inclined and curious you could probably look for and find the HTML files and modify them.  I'd guess that's just a picture resource you could easily replace.

I'm currently doing that lol

Can't find it so far 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, Lightdrake77 said:

tile.JPG

With a little F12 action can easily change that

c9436cef643f66edc2b1c9dc978b71b0.thumb.png.fa8e87904726d92b85835140cf74df45.png

F@H

1 minute ago, Macaw2000 said:

I might be misunderstanding things. Turning on advanced gets a larger size WU? I thought it just allowed you to grab a WU sooner.

I have to assume advanced WU's are larger but I'm a noob.

1 minute ago, C3Shark said:

Advanced WUs are just the last step of Beta testing before they are released on the public branch.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, C3Shark said:

Can we get a ruling from the judge on this?

2 minutes ago, Thaltrad said:

With a little F12 action can easily change that

c9436cef643f66edc2b1c9dc978b71b0.thumb.png.fa8e87904726d92b85835140cf74df45.png

But can you find the HTML responsible for it?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Macaw2000 said:

Can we get a ruling from the judge on this?

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Advanced WUs are just the last step of Beta testing before they are released on the public branch.

Already did ;) 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I am not on twitter... anyone feel free to fight my fight against calcified Tiles for all non browser modding users! 

They aren't necessarily at all, they're just different projects that are no more beta but not yet quite mainstream.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Lightdrake77 said:

I am not on twitter... anyone feel free to fight my fight against calcified Tiles for all non browser modding users! 

What am I proxy fighting for?  A night mode?  Pink unwashed tile?  Gotta specify what to change it to or if you want more options to choose from, or at all.

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

But can you find the HTML responsible for it?

4e9d59cdb79b1fb91d96bf57d99f1bcf.png.2ded2fd5b8d96d2e8970235dfe909725.png

though the change is client side, after refresh it's gone (so it's not permanent)

F@H