LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Last time I was with a FX-8350 and a GTX1060, now it time to test a R5 3600 and a RTX2070

Also I should lower the heating at home.

Just now, FreakoSuave said:

First time folder here, how do I know that my computer is folding for COVID 19?  I dont see a preference for that, just like "any disease", "cancer" etc.

If you're folding for "any disease" you are good. COVID-19 is set to have the highest priority, so any of those jobs that are distributed take priority. The only issue right now is their servers are massively overloaded due to the overwhelming support.

Just keep the program running and you'll get some work units eventually.

Thank you for your contribution!

1 minute ago, FreakoSuave said:

First time folder here, how do I know that my computer is folding for COVID 19?  I dont see a preference for that, just like "any disease", "cancer" etc.

Just make sure it is on Any and it will go to CoViD-19 when a WU is available.

Cheers from the Border

How many WUs do we want to produce....

Image result for trump billions gif

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

How many WUs do we want to produce....

Image result for trump billions gif

All of them !

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

13 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Guys as of last update we are 3rd best producing folding team in world, out producing EVGA and curecoin by a good margin, keep it up!!!

Tell your friends, your parents, your siblings, hell even tell your dog about Folding for Team LTT! Lets show the world what we can do! Let's get everyone involved!

Where did you pull this chart?

Just now, tmsmith124 said:

Where did you pull this chart?

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

10 minutes ago, Kn1nJa said:

If you're folding for "any disease" you are good. COVID-19 is set to have the highest priority, so any of those jobs that are distributed take priority. The only issue right now is their servers are massively overloaded due to the overwhelming support.

Just keep the program running and you'll get some work units eventually.

Thank you for your contribution!

Thank you for your help.  Also, should I only have my GPU running or should I run both slots for CPU and GPU?  I've read earlier that people are saying to just run the GPU, is that true?

We have just passed 1000 sigh-ups, but theres room for many more so keep signing up and keep spreading the word!

Discord, facebook, youtube comments, reddit and twiiter are just some of the places you can advertise Team LTT for folding!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, FreakoSuave said:

Thank you for your help.  Also, should I only have my GPU running or should I run both slots for CPU and GPU?  I've read earlier that people are saying to just run the GPU, is that true?

If you have a decent CPU it is worth it. It is advised to adjust the number of threads manually so keep some free for the OS and to manage the GPU

Folders be like 

Image result for giving it all she's got captain gif

F@H sysadmin....

Image result for giving it all she's got captain gif

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I really should be working on any number of things and not posting gifs but damn do I need some downtime.

Send beer people!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I really should be working on any number of things and not posting gifs but damn do I need some downtime.

Send beer people!

I would love to send you some Victoria (Mexico) or Shiner Bock (Texas), but shipping to the UK is too expensive

Cheers from the Border

1 hour ago, Ridley303 said:

The GPU has a factory OC on it, but nothing more. It would literally burn if it was pushed even harder.

Windows update and geforce experience ran yesterday, tho I never updated the bios.

right.... updating the bios is a good idea anyway, but most likely not connected to your problems.

Is there maybe something else running that uses OpenCL?

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

3 minutes ago, borderman16 said:

I would love to send you some Victoria (Mexico) or Shiner Bock (Texas), but shipping to the UK is too expensive

Broooo you know the memes! The only beer allowed now should be Corona Extra! Well ok I dont like it but meh :D 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

1 hour ago, LordKitsune said:

Hahahaha, I'm scrolling through the WHO "Mythbusters" tab, and one of the things they answer is, "Can spraying alcohol or chlorine all over your body kill the new coronavirus?'
WHO WOULD THINK TO DO THIS?!? *facepalm*

A news station in Virginia is warning people to not drink bleach...

Warning labels exist for these reasons...

1 minute ago, DayDreamer2734 said:

A news station in Virginia is warning people to not drink bleach...

Warning labels exist for these reasons...

It seems to me that the public reaction is much worse then the human malware.

Everyone needs to remain calm and practice good hygiene.  Maybe take some vitamins and stay away from crowds.  No need for anything drastic.

Long time lurker of LTT.

I just signed up.  For this forum and for Folding @ Home.

I have a home server with VMware.  I am going to get Folding @ Home set up inside its own VM to contribute to this goal 24/7.

I will have it all set up Monday or Tuesday next week.

The server does not have a GPU.  I am not sure how effective it will be.  It is an experiment.  I have not decided yet how many CPU cores I will let it use.

Thanks for the motivation LTT.

i make 170.000 points/per day   with my 1900X and 2xRX580 :D 

Just now, Small Turdle said:

It seems to me that the public reaction is much worse then the human malware.

Everyone needs to remain calm and practice good hygiene.  Maybe take some vitamins and stay away from crowds.  No need for anything drastic.

I'm just going to stay home and warm my hands over the exhaust heat from folding. 😆

8 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Broooo you know the memes! The only beer allowed now should be Corona Extra! Well ok I dont like it but meh :D 

Corona is pure piss, unfortunately good Mexican beers are never seen outside of Mexico. My favorite are Victoria and Indio

Cheers from the Border

9 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

right.... updating the bios is a good idea anyway, but most likely not connected to your problems.

Is there maybe something else running that uses OpenCL?

There shouldn't be anything. I restarted windows and did nothing except for opening F@H.

But if it's not a common issue with an easy fix it's not a problem. That is my old gaming rig at my parents place and I'm gonna get my new PC running tomorrow, so I'm gonna get those 500k points easy. Also the CPU is running fine so it's still contributing^^