LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Possibly, but I could do with not stressing the fuse/breaker box if at all possible until I have too.

Plus I cant be babysitting the things all that much atm.

well ok that I understand.

I know to little about programming but a script that watches BOINC and. F@H and manages when what is processed would be dammn nice!

But yeha only helpful in such situations as we have now.  Soooo not worth the time

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Just now, Metallus97 said:

well ok that I understand.

I know to little about programming but a script that watches BOINC and. F@H and manages when what is processed would be dammn nice!

But yeha only helpful in such situations as we have now.  Soooo not worth the time

2 Slots are now on the go...

Sat here shouting at my PC "GO FASTER YOU FUCKS!"

Next door just banged on the wall... whoopsie

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Get a whip and say mean things to them. Your slots, not your neighbors.

Just now, FakeCIA said:

Get a whip and say mean things to them. Your slots, not your neighbors.

Much better!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

@GOTSpectrum how long does it usually take to get a passkey? I got all this setup about 6 hours ago. Haven't received a passkey. I'm pretty sure I filled out all the information correctly. Any help would be appreciated

Just now, Rolski2500 said:

@GOTSpectrum how long does it usually take to get a passkey? I got all this setup about 6 hours ago. Haven't received a passkey. I'm pretty sure I filled out all the information correctly. Any help would be appreciated

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Wantssen said:

Sorry one more new guy here. I cant seem to get the CPU working? Anyone got an idea?

Skärmklipp1.PNG

Skärmklipp.PNG

Just relax, the WUs will flow!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

11 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We are now up to 4 slots! Look at her fly! P.S. sounds like it could actually take off already... 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

alright im very new to this but i just started folding. time to use this beast for something good :)

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Just now, cluelessgenius said:

alright im very new to this but i just started folding. time to use this beast for something good :)

Welcome into the fold, hope you enjoy!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Don't think I'll be able to get my server up and running not this week anyways :| Go Transit has pissed a lot of people off by removing the last 3 trains of rush hour.

That and I told my UPS to shut up after it beeped once for overload with my new computer 🤣 Hopefully they get the number of WUs sorted because my dual cpu server is kinda a resource hog in electricity terms and only makes sense if running 24/7 folding, or till I collect 15 8tb drives 😆 Maybe I could permanently borrow them from LTT 🤔

I'm trying to join as "Greenbell7" but I need a passkey and I haven't received the email. Could someone help?

4 minutes ago, Greenbell7 said:

I'm trying to join as "Greenbell7" but I need a passkey and I haven't received the email. Could someone help?

Yep! From the FAQ:

I requested my passkey but didn’t get it for hours!

Spoiler

1.     CHECK YOUR SPAM! There are reports of Mail providers categorizing the passkey mails as Spam!  

Besides that there is a super high load on the servers right now due to massive amounts of new donors. The servers can’t keep up with giving out passkeys. Resources are all dedicated to generating new work and giving work assignments. DON’T REQUEST MULTIPLE TIMES! THIS WILL MAKE THINGS WORSE DUE TO EVEN MORE REQUESTS. 

Start folding without it. You can enter it at any time! Until then you won’t get as much points but your service towards science is the same!

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Welcome into the fold, hope you enjoy!

thanks well it certainly helps feeling less helpless :)

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Just registered for the LTTT forums just for this event. I currently have 2,483,111  points worth of WU for the LinusTechTips folding team! I'm also folding in both my ASUS ROG laptop and my personal gaming rig

@GOTSpectrummaybe a stupid question but is there a way to go hard on the gpu and medium on the cpu?

C

4 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Yep! From the FAQ:

I requested my passkey but didn’t get it for hours?

Hide contents

Hide contents

1.     CHECK YOUR SPAM! There are reports of Mail providers categorizing the passkey mails as Spam!  

Besides that there is a super high load on the servers right now due to massive amounts of new donors. The servers can’t keep up with giving out passkeys. Resources are all dedicated to generating new work and giving work assignments. DON’T REQUEST MULTIPLE TIMES! THIS WILL MAKE THINGS WORSE DUE TO EVEN MORE REQUESTS. 

Start folding without it. You can enter it at any time! Until then you won’t get as much points but your service towards science is the same! 

I checked my spam It was not there. I guess I wait for now and just let it run for other causes until I get the email.

Just now, cluelessgenius said:

@GOTSpectrummaybe a stupid question but is there a way to go hard on the gpu and medium on the cpu?

Yes, just reduce the number of thread in the advanced client. 

I'm really bad at giving instructions so I'm hoping someone else can come in and give you decent instructions! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, Greenbell7 said:

C

I checked my spam It was not there. I guess I wait for now and just let it run for other causes until I get the email.

It will run for Covid-19 as long as there are WUs for it. If not, it will either search for WUs till they come or pick one from a different research. Only thing not have a key does is disable bonus points and a couple other things. Your contributions still count towards the team.

You know this monitor has never been the same since my VEGA 64 exploded and killed the displayport in it. It keeps randomly shutting off and on...

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm really bad at giving instructions so I'm hoping someone else can come in and give you decent instructions! 

On it and will ad to the FAQ

3 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

So you have to: Advanced client -> configure -> slots -> CPU -> enter how many threads you want to fold one. Max should always be yourNumerOfThreadsThatYOurCPUhas - 1core for the GPU -1core for Windows 

7 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

thanks well it certainly helps feeling less helpless :)

Yep... Feels like a little more control over this chaotic situation

My "Gaming" Rig:
i5-9600k
RTX2070 Super
Three tier storage (nvme, SSDs, HDD)
Used for coding, gaming, photo and video editing.