LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

21 minutes ago, Halofication said:

So we just sign up and wait for the 27th and start folding?

Do we need to do anything extra to specifically get the Co-vid WU?

Why wait?

Just make sure you are set to any cause, how the WU work are you get a random WU it might not be COVID but they are set to top priority and if any available they will be sent first.

19 minutes ago, Jemlin said:

Nice idea - I added it to both firewalls and nothing is coming through.

I can ping the computer just fine using CMD. Any way I can ping the specific port as well just to double check that both are open?

Open PowerShell 

tnc localip -port 36330

image.png.6b7b8fdab700295b75c30835fb66f3e6.png

Last one should be True not False (I pinged a poor random computer 😂)

Note: When I pinged my Server it lost connection in FAHControl.

image.png.282536fca97d3b0a16cfdbabdcecd216.png

I just signed up and realised, that my cpu OC was not stable...
But now I am really part of the team

So for some reason my cpu isn't doing any folding, is there some configuration i need to do?image.thumb.png.07b26ee4bb4e5012fddb134c732390d9.png

If your CPU is idle, just be patient. The servers are working as hard as they can to distribute work units. You'll get work eventually. Just keep the program running.

9 minutes ago, skaullywag said:

So for some reason my cpu isn't doing any folding, is there some configuration i need to do?

There are currently "Zero kelvins" in terms of WUs, aka 0, nada, zip, gone like Toilet Paper in stores...

Image result for Patience yoda

Got one of the older core21 WU's - And it's a brutal one.
Less PPD and will take some time to complete but hey - At least I got something.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

26 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

Ich bin ja Schweizer und Hochdeutsch ist zusammen mit Schweizerdeutsch meine Muttersprache, ich verstehe dich bestens 😄👍

Ehm, ok set CPU to full, hope that I will still be able to do other stuff.

You will! F@H is configured as operating on the lowest possible priority on the CPU. Therefore your everyday tasks will always be prioritized over folding. When willing to game I suggest pausing F@H to keep load of the GPU

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

So, I got my pc set up to fold last night. Broke the software immediately, so I went about uninstalling it multiple times to get it fixed. (NOTE: If you break you F@H software, FULLY uninstall. IF you keep data, it will continue to be broken.) It's fixed now, got it going last night. Waiting for my passkey. Main point of posting is - my F@H is working, but the tray icon destroyed itself last night when I tried to move it from the expanded tray to the open air one.

Has anybody has this issue, and know how to fix it?

Edit: OH, Windows tray area is bugged for me. There are icons right next to the bezel of my screen that are invisible... what the heck.

Edited by LordKitsune
Figured out my issue.

1 minute ago, LordKitsune said:

So, I got my pc set up to fold last night. Broke the software immediately, so I went about uninstalling it multiple times to get it fixed. (NOTE: If you break you F@H software, FULLY uninstall. IF you keep data, it will continue to be broken.) It's fixed now, got it going last night. Waiting for my passkey. Main point of posting is - my F@H is working, but the tray icon destroyed itself last night when I tried to move it from the expanded tray to the open air one.

Has anybody has this issue, and know how to fix it?

Never heard about this issue. What do mean with open air one?

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

I have added my laptop's GPU on work, not a tech geek but happy to help for better

Have good one guys!

let me know if there is any issue i missed in screenshot

Capture.PNG

You got everything right Nerd_india. Thank you for your contribution!

9 minutes ago, Kn1nJa said:

You got everything right Nerd_india. Thank you for your contribution!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Murphy Deffa said:

Well its stuck on downloading for GPU's. 
Any ideas how to config dual WAN pfSense for this thing to work normal? atleast i think its an issue why not starting.
M1:
2950x
2x Radeon VII
M2:
1950x
Vega FF LC

Unfortunately mine was stuck at the start, just got to wait. Mine took 20 mins for one gpu to be assigned a WU, 2nd GPU got one at the 30 min mark. Just paused the CPU and the started again and it's finally been assigned one after 1h 30m.

Looks like we just gotta play the waiting game on these. Can try to pause in the advanced viewer and then fold again and see if anything comes down.

Hey i  just set up my Folding@home stuff 

Are Points coming after the task is Complete ?  

FOLDING@HOME.png

1 minute ago, ScorpionDEVILISHTRIO said:

Hey i  just set up my Folding@home stuff 

Are Points coming after the task is Complete ?  

FOLDING@HOME.png

Points come when the WU is finished AND results uploaded. That might take a while, depends on server load and stuff.

ESL Profile: https://play.eslgaming.com/player/2432327/

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

bequiet PURE POWER 600W 80+ bronze                  Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB 

34 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Never heard about this issue. What do mean with open air one?

The tray. I've got my desktop set up a bit weird and never noticed the tray was suffering. It's this area right above the clock.

thing.png

45 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

If you disable the firewall on both systems does it work? Only do this for testing purposes don't run like that all the time!

Wait I'm meant to have left already.... Whoops

I tried this for about 10 minutes and it didn't work I'm afraid

37 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Open PowerShell 

tnc localip -port 36330

image.png.6b7b8fdab700295b75c30835fb66f3e6.png

Last one should be True not False (I pinged a poor random computer 😂)

Note: When I pinged my Server it lost connection in FAHControl.

image.png.282536fca97d3b0a16cfdbabdcecd216.png

Ran this with the firewall both on and off and it came through succesfully both times.

Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.

John F. Kennedy