corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

A general note about dirty data.

Mathematicians are used to crystal pure absolutely flawless data.  Almost no one else is.   Dirty data is not worthless data.  There’s merely less that one can do with it.  There is a great danger in treating the data as purer than it is and attempting to do too much.  Derivations are particularly dangerous.

Which is why I keep telling to stop reading too much into early numbers.

On 2/6/2020 at 1:39 AM, Bombastinator said:

According to my understanding of what I read (which I’m pretty sure is inperfect) R0 <1 means the disease will die out.  You seem to be saying that this is already under control?  That R0 is below 1 and has been for some time?  ...

So far, that's the indications for those cases outside of China.

Except for the one carrier who went from China to Germany for a business meeting. From her we got more than one infected before it was detected and contained.

Where it's detected, it gets contained. Those infected aren't going on to infect others, who in turn, ...

I haven't heard anything yet on if people are still carriers after they've Recovered.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:44 PM, Bombastinator said:

-Can the spread be slowed?

It is being slowed.

Infected are being filtered when they leave a country, when they arrive in another one, and are seeking medical care when they come down with symptoms. People are aware.

It's not like it was at its origins, where it was unknown, then a simple flu, then Wuhan Pneumenia, then the numbers starting rolling in.

In comparasion, elsewhere we're significantly more prepared and informed, both medical professionals and the general population.

-How much does infection and recovery prevent reinfection?

-Does infection and recovery reduce/eliminate the previously infected as a vector? 
-can vaccination improve survivability? (This one is a bit academic as vaccination isn’t even a possibility yet)

Carrier. It's more than rude to call them vectors.

We don't know yet. The overwhelming majority of it is over there.

My personal hope is to avoid infection until more is known about the thing.

Considering you've avoided the flu that's already killed over 10,000 Americans so far this season, I'd say you're pretty good to dodge this new one.

Learn what appropriate Prevention Practices are to avoid Transmission, and follow them.

I detailed them in an earlier post. Or go check for the latest at the CDC site.

Right now, your chances of getting that flu is significantly higher.

IF infection by a dead or crippled strain  (vaccination) will help I’ll do it.  I’ll take an unpleasant week of illness to avoid death. Might not work that way though.

What movie were you watching?

Why on earth would you expect a vaccination to result in an unpleasant illness, let alone a week of it?

With a lot of prior world travel, I've had vaccinations for numerous things for decades, including some live vaccines in the early years. Worst was a sore arm for a day.

On 2/6/2020 at 1:29 AM, Cora_Lie said:

Watch the video until 1:11 (just one minute long)

There's nothing more to add... :-S 

Maybe it's me, but that's old news already.

Delays in collecting deceased when so many are dying each day is not unexpected. Nice to see they are being contained. Nothing unexpected. No significant numbers. No new information provided.

Very dramatic. Nice emotional snapshots, and a conference centre looking like it was setup because they could set it up and it looks like they're prepared and doing something.

9 minutes ago, Canoe said:

So far, that's the indications for those cases outside of China.

Except for the one carrier who went from China to Germany for a business meeting. From her we got more than one infected before it was detected and contained.

Where it's detected, it gets contained. Those infected aren't going on to infect others, who in turn, ...

I haven't heard anything yet on if people are still carriers after they've Recovered.

True so far.  Until it happens in China though those Rs are going to keep popping up.  Also it could mutate in China.  There’s a lot of dice rolling inside people’s guts over there.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

WOW! O_o  You don't know who I am, what my job is for the past XX years and how good I am at it. I won't ask you to "trust" me as you have no reason to.

Just "WOW!!"  O_o

I respect your opinion even if I disagree with some of what you're writing. It seems like that goes one way. So... Let's stop here as I like echange and communication, not judgement or "teaching" ^o^

Great!

Lets see some of that. Stop jumping at all sources as though they're equally valid or credible. Filter and compare outcomes at the different levels of filtration.

Go back and "Look at what they have numbers for/of. See how they fit together. Look at the numbers they release. ..." and see what you think compared to your posts that looked like knee-jerk posts.

3 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

You want to save people or you don't. If they can build 2 hospitals in 7 days, they can do that too.

But is that the best mechanism?

Would it allow for adequate patient monitoring?

And is the equipment available, let alone in quantity. Are there staff (capable of following safe protocols) and materials to keep it clean.

When you're dealing with the kinds of numbers they're dealing with, it's more appropriate to think like it's been a natural disaster and you have thousands of people to address, with specific resources. Military logistics is much more applicable. We should also be seeing 'what can we put in place right now, next week and two weeks from now - do it'. And given the numbers, they're likely looking out further than that.

Going to mainland China is no no. But will people go to Taiwan or Japan for semi-important business in a month? The risk should be low enough. Just everyone is scared because plenty of unknown about the disease.

On 2/6/2020 at 2:05 AM, Canoe said:
Spoiler

It is being slowed.

Infected are being filtered when they leave a country, when they arrive in another one, and are seeking medical care when they come down with symptoms. People are aware.

It's not like it was at its origins, where it was unknown, then a simple flu, then Wuhan Pneumenia, then the numbers starting rolling in.

In comparasion, elsewhere we're significantly more prepared and informed, both medical professionals and the general population.

Carrier. It's more than rude to call them vectors.

We don't know yet. The overwhelming majority of it is over there.

Considering you've avoided the flu that's already killed over 10,000 Americans so far this season, I'd say you're pretty good to dodge this new one.

Learn what appropriate Prevention Practices are to avoid Transmission, and follow them.

I detailed them in an earlier post. Or go check for the latest at the CDC site.

Right now, your chances of getting that flu is significantly higher.

What movie were you watching?

Why on earth would you expect a vaccination to result in an unpleasant illness, let alone a week of it?

With a lot of prior world travel, I've had vaccinations for numerous things for decades, including some live vaccines in the early years. Worst was a sore arm for a day.

Expecting? Not really.  I was thinking worst case.  My mental model for that one was cow pox.  The original vaccine.  Cowpox was not a super thing to get.  It was a heckuva lot better than smallpox though.  If the best they can do is give me a disease that won’t kill me I’ll still take it.

Edited by LogicalDrm

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 2/6/2020 at 2:12 AM, Bombastinator said:

True so far.  Until it happens in China though those Rs are going to keep popping up.  Also it could mutate in China.  There’s a lot of dice rolling inside people’s guts over there.  

Yes. It is mutating in China. It's mutating (RNA?) within the same family, although one family had multiple members infected with more than one strain, with their genome showing the family members were infected from multiple sources.

Every time there's more data released, those numbers are added to graphs and such, and various models are updated to compare different prediction methods against reported numbers.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:53 PM, Mister Woof said:

I have a documented health anxiety disorder. The worst part about a health anxiety sufferer is they are constantly seeking certainty. ...

With coronavirus, there is nothing BUT uncertainty, and it is absolutely real.

So for health anxiety sufferers, it's like, exponential fear.

I can't imagine anyone living in Wuhan right now how they may feel. If they have health anxiety like I do, I can't even

1. The certainty is, you're not in Wuhan, you're not in Hebei, and you're not in China.
  2. So far, all data shows high rates of infection, severe symptoms/conditions and death, are only within China.
  3. The rates else where are significantly and dramatically less.
  4. It is being detected and contained in the rest of the world. We had enough notice before it grew big elsewhere, that we're screening new and detecting prior from those carriers that were travelling before the situation became known.
  5. The susceptibility to asian male lungs is only for inhaled droplets that make it all the way to the lung. That is a small part of potential exposure. That susceptibility is likely to show up in stats, but for someone who has been cautioned and follows the Prevention guidance, it's unlikely to be a factor.
  6. YOU have control of addressing the major transmission risks:
    1. Wash your hands, properly, or use the recommended hand-washing gel/lotion in its place.
    2. Do so at key times, like after arriving at work, before eating, upon arriving home.
    3. Clean the surfaces that droplets can settle on and people can touch. Like the surface of your desk. Your phone. Your door knobs.
    4. Do this diligently, to reduce your exposure, assuming there ever is any infected there.
  7. Stay healthy and rested. If you do get exposed, since you're not elderly and weakened, you're highly likely to fight it off.
  8. If it's reported in your area, if you get symptoms, get checked by a doctor.

Start following the hand washing guidance now. It will help protect you from the flu.

Pay some attention to the news, so you'll know when to check the CDC Guidance to see if that has changed as they get more information.

Here's one solution to get your groceries...

Here's the preliminary numbers for the latest day.

1501426175_2019-nCoVgraphDeathsRecovered2020-02-05prelim.png.333dc6f212a87056c66e23a76bf21ce3.png

On 2/6/2020 at 2:33 AM, Canoe said:

Here's the preliminary numbers for the latest day.

I’m heartened by that point a few days ago where the daily recovered got bigger than daily deaths.

Edited by LogicalDrm

4 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

I have a documented health anxiety disorder. The worst part about a health anxiety sufferer is they are constantly seeking certainty. I know that certainty isn't realistic in most normal situations, but it's a little easier to reassure yourself that you won't die from some random disease that has no indication of being active other than a muscle spasm that can be anything.

With coronavirus, there is nothing BUT uncertainty, and it is absolutely real.

So for health anxiety sufferers, it's like, exponential fear.

I can't imagine anyone living in Wuhan right now how they may feel. If they have health anxiety like I do, I can't even

I’ve got a small amount of experience with anxiety disorders.  There’s a minor trick for me that often (but not always) works.  YMMV but it’s what I’ve got so for whatever it’s worth I give it to you:

Anxiety is an adrenaline reaction.  Your body experiences the trigger and you flood with adrenaline.  It sucks.  Oh my gosh does it suck.  I can actually feel this “whoosh” as it happens.  I purely do not understand adrenaline junkies.  It’s an awful feeling.   There a thing about adrenaline though:

It’s very short acting.  Minutes.  The secret is to just wait it out.  When it happens to me I adopt the attitude of “well shit.  I’m going to be useless for the next five minutes” and I do breathing excercises till it goes away.  Straight up meditation stuff.  Circular breathing.  It’s kinda stupid, but here’s the weird thing:

it works.

For me anyway.

Took a while to get it to work.  Months.  It finally did though.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I’ve got a small amount of experience with anxiety disorders.  There’s a minor trick for me that often (but not always) works.  YMMV but it’s what I’ve got so for whatever it’s worth I give it to you:

Anxiety is an adrenaline reaction.  Your body experiences the trigger and you flood with adrenaline.  It sucks.  Oh my gosh does it suck.  I can actually feel this “whoosh” as it happens.  I purely do not understand adrenaline junkies.  It’s an awful feeling.   There a thing about adrenaline though:

It’s very short acting.  Minutes.  The secret is to just wait it out.  When it happens to me I adopt the attitude of “well shit.  I’m going to be useless for the next five minutes” and I do breathing excercises till it goes away.  Straight up meditation stuff.  Circular breathing.  It’s kinda stupid, but here’s the weird thing:

it works.

For me anyway.

Took a while to get it to work.  Months.  It finally did though.

I was fine for a year after I determined I wasn't dying of cancer. I have since relapsed because of this coronavirus, though. ugh.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

5 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

I was fine for a year after I determined I wasn't dying of cancer. I have since relapsed because of this coronavirus, though. ugh.

Is it a valid management to substitue another "concern" to think about that is less stressful to you than Wu Wong's Bat Won Ton Wuhan Wallop?

1 hour ago, Canoe said:

Great!

Lets see some of that. Stop jumping at all sources as though they're equally valid or credible. Filter and compare outcomes at the different levels of filtration.

Go back and "Look at what they have numbers for/of. See how they fit together. Look at the numbers they release. ..." and see what you think compared to your posts that looked like knee-jerk posts.

I find your idea that you are in any position to teach me anything about data analysis highly amusing.

You've just lost all credibility in my eyes.

Using data only provided by one source because it's "official" only shows that you are restricting your source range to what is convenient, in no way does that reflect the situation irl.

"Dirty" data is still data, it all depends how you input it in your analysis and how you interpret it.

So if you're not able to aknowledge this very basic rule in data analysis... ?

But is that the best mechanism?

Would it allow for adequate patient monitoring?

And is the equipment available, let alone in quantity. Are there staff (capable of following safe protocols) and materials to keep it clean.

When you're dealing with the kinds of numbers they're dealing with, it's more appropriate to think like it's been a natural disaster and you have thousands of people to address, with specific resources. Military logistics is much more applicable. We should also be seeing 'what can we put in place right now, next week and two weeks from now - do it'. And given the numbers, they're likely looking out further than that.

A space like this, with so many beds is called a "mouroir" in french or a "deathtrap" in english.

Rows of beds one next to the other like in the photo, or the video, are not allowing for any kind of "monitoring".

There is not enough space around the beds for quick intervention. So it's not designed for that.

Should I go on?

Once again, thank you for "teaching" as if I was unable to think several steps ahead. I'm sure that providing graphs made from the "official" numbers must feel very satisfying in spreading the "truth".

Here is another part of the "truth" :

41mn+ raw video uncut.

and these two "controversial non-official" lies-spreading websites:
https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2020/02/04/wuhans_defiant_citizen_video_journalists_122269.html

https://chinachange.org/2020/02/03/going-around-coronavirus-stricken-wuhan-with-fang-bin-visiting-hospitals-and-being-visited-by-police-on-february-1-2020/

It's true, I don't understand any of the chinese languages...

As I've said already previously, what is really happening is a bit more complicated than the clean reassuring officially doctored numbers.

I particularly like this:

The police chastised him, he says, for taking images that reflect badly on China. “You're setting off an atomic bomb,” he quotes one of them telling him. “You're terrifying everybody.” When Fang protested that what he'd been saying was the truth, the policeman replied, “You're not allowed to say that. We have to speak in a single voice.”

I'm not taking anything at "face value", but when concomittant information repeat themselves then maybe there's something to be looked into. ?

Even though, it's not because you repeat the same thing enough times that something will become true (isn't that true, Donald?)

But denying that China is conducting a global operation of control of information that would be just... blinding and dumbing down oneself! ?

Nothing is black or white!

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

That Shit does happen.  The really bad stuff is reinjury.  You have a thought an whoosh,  you keep thinking about it and there’s another whoosh.  They pile up and you wind up totally freaked.  This is where the straight up meditation is handy.   All that Buddhist “think about nothing” stuff?  That’s literally it.  Count your breaths.  Why? Because it’s the lowest level thing that keeps your mind occupied.  Get good at it and it becomes easy to lose count.  This is actually good.  Failure is constant.  The thing to remember is it’s a bit like dying in a game with no death penalty.  Power kill it.  Just keep on going back.

30 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

I find your idea that you are in any position to teach me anything about data analysis highly amusing.

You've just lost all credibility in my eyes.

Using data only provided by one source because it's "official" only shows that you are restricting your source range to what is convenient, in no way does that reflect the situation irl.

"Dirty" data is still data, it all depends how you input it in your analysis and how you interpret it.

So if you're not able to aknowledge this very basic rule in data analysis... ?

Is that what you thought I said.

Interesting.

A space like this, with so many beds is called a "mouroir" in french or a "deathtrap" in english.

Rows of beds one next to the other like in the photo, or the video, are not allowing for any kind of "monitoring".

There is not enough space around the beds for quick intervention. So it's not designed for that.

Should I go on?

Correct. That video you posted was very good info. It put the still of the beds in their proper light.

That layout is not for severe patients that require anything approaching advanced medical monitoring, nor intervention. Certainly not for severe Pt.s. So those beds are not for that purpose.

Please go on.

I get the feeling you're so close to nailing it. So close I can't figure out if you don't get it or if you can't say it.

Once again, thank you for "teaching" as if I was unable to think several steps ahead. I'm sure that providing graphs made from the "official" numbers must feel very satisfying in spreading the "truth".

You're welcome. I can only go on what you post, not what you think.

I do find graphs satisfying. They make some parts easy to discern, and for me I can identify patterns easier. I can only work numbers well visually if it's a set and layout I've worked with for a bit. The graphs led me to notice a few things, which I then expanded the graphs to include, to explore, and then include more. Not very scientific, but I've got nothing of value to add by duplicating modelling, that, well, is most certainly beyond what I could model as I don't model in that area. But following those models as they evolve is interesting.

Nothing unexpected nor new in this. I can't see a date of the article. Not that it matters, what it says of the situation there is old and already confirmed.

That was great to have the transcripts. The plight of the individuals is distressing...

However, those videos show scenes a lot less frantic, less crowded and far more organized than earlier video I've seen. But that was from days ago, so it makes sense that this newer footage shows more organization. Sad, nothing new, specifics backing several prior claims, nothing unexpected.

Except that it's amazing that he was released so soon, if at all.

It's true, I don't understand any of the chinese languages...

Same here. I can only watch for those that do know the language and can be trusted to say that the subtitles are correct.

I particularly like this:

I'm not taking anything at "face value", but when concomittant information repeat themselves then maybe there's something to be looked into. ?

Exactly. Like the noise on limited test kits, people being turned away, then lots of test kits delivered to hospitals, but their use being limited/rationed. And in short time that was substantiated. I posted that finding previously.

But until confirmed, noise should be weighed, and considered, not 'omg the sky is falling'.

As I've said already previously, what is really happening is a bit more complicated than the clean reassuring officially doctored numbers.

Yes. But 'China' can't change the numbers of the various models. Nor the people comparing those to what 'China' publishes. Nor those comparing the models to pieces leaked out from on-the-ground. Nor noticing when an 'on-the-ground' comes out following a model being published and has that exact number. Things that make you go hmmm. Similar to going back some days, when it was somewhat amusing to watch some variance come into the official data after the initial criticism that the data as too perfect: there's no way real life detection would match a modelled spread that perfectly.

But denying that China is conducting a global operation of control of information that would be just... blinding and dumbing down oneself!

You lost me here. Next you'll be telling me the sky is blue?

So given all that you've observed, read and know, you still don't see something more to

"Look at what they have numbers for/of. See how they fit together. Look at the numbers they release. ..."?

7 hours ago, Canoe said:

Is that what you thought I said.

Interesting.

Spoiler

Correct. That video you posted was very good info. It put the still of the beds in their proper light.

That layout is not for severe patients that require anything approaching advanced medical monitoring, nor intervention. Certainly not for severe Pt.s. So those beds are not for that purpose.

Please go on.

I get the feeling you're so close to nailing it. So close I can't figure out if you don't get it or if you can't say it.

You're welcome. I can only go on what you post, not what you think.

I do find graphs satisfying. They make some parts easy to discern, and for me I can identify patterns easier. I can only work numbers well visually if it's a set and layout I've worked with for a bit. The graphs led me to notice a few things, which I then expanded the graphs to include, to explore, and then include more. Not very scientific, but I've got nothing of value to add by duplicating modelling, that, well, is most certainly beyond what I could model as I don't model in that area. But following those models as they evolve is interesting.

Nothing unexpected nor new in this. I can't see a date of the article. Not that it matters, what it says of the situation there is old and already confirmed.

That was great to have the transcripts. The plight of the individuals is distressing...

However, those videos show scenes a lot less frantic, less crowded and far more organized than earlier video I've seen. But that was from days ago, so it makes sense that this newer footage shows more organization. Sad, nothing new, specifics backing several prior claims, nothing unexpected.

Except that it's amazing that he was released so soon, if at all.

Same here. I can only watch for those that do know the language and can be trusted to say that the subtitles are correct.

Exactly. Like the noise on limited test kits, people being turned away, then lots of test kits delivered to hospitals, but their use being limited/rationed. And in short time that was substantiated. I posted that finding previously.

But until confirmed, noise should be weighed, and considered, not 'omg the sky is falling'.

Yes. But 'China' can't change the numbers of the various models. Nor the people comparing those to what 'China' publishes. Nor those comparing the models to pieces leaked out from on-the-ground. Nor noticing when an 'on-the-ground' comes out following a model being published and has that exact number. Things that make you go hmmm. Similar to going back some days, when it was somewhat amusing to watch some variance come into the official data after the initial criticism that the data as too perfect: there's no way real life detection would match a modelled spread that perfectly.

You lost me here. Next you'll be telling me the sky is blue?

So given all that you've observed, read and know, you still don't see something more to

"Look at what they have numbers for/of. See how they fit together. Look at the numbers they release. ..."?

As I've said, I don't need any kind of "schooling" from your part... Your insufferable suffisance is going to be your own demise, even more so when you are self-contradicting all on your own.

It's either "not good news", "old news", "nothing new there", bla bla bla... When on your side it's only "numbers from only one side from an official source which have weighed the value of the data"... When, obviously, they don't have the good numbers.

So please, just go on... ^o^

No one here is an "alarmist", simply saying to look at the big picture and not at the "all is well, don't worry!" people. But obviously you know it all about everything and... "all is well under the sun" (and yes! the sky is blue when it's not cloudy ? ).

18 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

PSA for LTT Discord members: Avoid using the word "Corona" or "Coronavirus" for the moment. it's in their word filter as of now

I got banned on the discord for posting trump memes.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

On 2/6/2020 at 1:57 PM, Cora_Lie said:

As I've said, I don't need any kind of "schooling" from your part... Your insufferable suffisance is going to be your own demise, even more so when you are self-contradicting all on your own.

It's either "not good news", "old news", "nothing new there", bla bla bla... When on your side it's only "numbers from only one side from an official source which have weighed the value of the data"... When, obviously, they don't have the good numbers.

So please, just go on... ^o^

No one here is an "alarmist", simply saying to look at the big picture and not at the "all is well, don't worry!" people. But obviously you know it all about everything and... "all is well under the sun" (and yes! the sky is blue when it's not cloudy ? ).

Oddly, in spite of your misinterpreting so much of what I said, and putting words in my mouth a number of times, for some reason I think you're the real deal.

And yes, what you've presented about the condition on the ground has largely been available days before this. The only new is the conference centre getting beds, and the details regarding the one new 'reporter' on the ground, hence how much more organized and less frantic it is on the sites he showed.

And there's no secret where the numbers for the main graph comes from. It's stated at its top. Those show what they show.

Still nothing from

Not good.

My op ed in ⁦@WSJ ⁩ - There now appear to be multiple nodes of sustained community transmission of #coronavirus outside China. It may be too late to avoid pandemic spread but we can still prevent outbreaks in U.S from turning into an American epidemic

It’s time to start testing patients with unexplained pneumonia, even if they haven’t traveled to China.

With the large gap between the start of 2019-nCoV and the weeks of people moving around China and around the globe, they're expecting clusters to turn up from asymptomatic carriers that arrived prior to the restrictions put in place.

(There's news on the purpose of all those beds, but I have to get off to a meeting.)

1 hour ago, Canoe said:
With the large gap between the start of 2019-nCoV and the weeks of people moving around China and around the globe, they're expecting clusters to turn up from asymptomatic carriers that arrived prior to the restrictions put in place.

Old news, already talked about it yesterday...

On the other hand, potentialy good news regarding a vaccine. In yesterday's news:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-significant-breakthrough-in-race-for-vaccine-made-by-uk-scientists-11926469

Another potential vaccine solution can be find here:

But what worries me is that it's a DNA vaccine. Which means $$$$!

And the latest update from the WHO regarding the Coronavirus Outbreak:

Edited by Guest
Added link to the latest WHO update