corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

4 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

ROTFL

*snip*

Looks like we don't have a Cruise ship embassy here, yet.

But seriously, it must be hell, apparently people are confined to their cabins. For 2 weeks. That's one shitty cruise! :(

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

5 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Looks like we don't have a Cruise ship embassy here, yet.

But seriously, it must be hell, apparently people are confined to their cabins. For 2 weeks. That's one shitty cruise! :(

It is if it was a 2 week cruise.  If it was a 4 day cruise they’re getting 10 days of free hotel room even if they can’t leave.  Might play merry hell with the rest of their lives of course.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

- what if it only a fever and Not a coronavirus poor people

according to researchers Millions of people will get the virus in the Next 6 Months

if that's True then it's just a matter of time Until --

On 2/9/2020 at 9:11 PM, lamyathla said:

Seriously?! “Epoch times”? The organization that used to be the propaganda organ for foulan gong? That religious cult that tried to poison the Japanese subway?  

The company that dresses up generation z kids in 1970s boomer clothes to make shovelware YouTube ads? 

Yeah.  I don’t buy anything they say.  For all we know this thing is staged or has nothing at all to do with what they say it does.  It might even be true, but the source is so poisoned it doesn’t matter.

On 2/9/2020 at 9:21 PM, lamyathla said:

according to researchers Millions of people will get the virus in the Next 6 Months

if that's True then it's just a matter of time Until --

Which researchers?  After that epoch times post it all gets iffy.  The common worker has more credibility than the epoch times.  Heck the daily stormer has more credibility than the epoch times.  We’re talking below weekly world news level here.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

29 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Seriously?! “Epoch times”? The organization that used to be the propaganda organ for foulan gong? That religious cult that tried to poison the Japanese subway?  

The company that dresses up generation z kids in 1970s boomer clothes to make shovelware YouTube ads? 

Yeah.  I don’t buy anything they say.  For all we know this thing is staged or has nothing at all to do with what they say it does.  It might even be true, but the source is so poisoned it doesn’t matter.

China right now is Racing aganst the Clock to stop the Virus by putting anyone with a fever inside a box

-

14 minutes ago, lamyathla said:

China right now is Racing aganst the Clock to stop the Virus by putting anyone with a fever inside a box

-

Might be true.  Might be bat boy.  Epoch times makes batboy look credible.  Find a source that’s credible instead of ridiculous.

a merely biased rag of an excuse for a paper will over report things that are to their bias advantage and under report things that aren’t.  Below that there are news sources will also spin those things to their advantage. This is a level which is the normal rock bottom for even “alternative” news.  Way way below even those are sources with a reputation for flat out making things up.  Staging stuff.   That’s the category the epoch times is in.

7 minutes ago, oskar23 said:

I dont know who should I trust when it comes to numbers.

Clearly not random Twitter users.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Clearly not random Twitter users.

listen to the interview before commenting

The AP news wire isn’t that absolute worst.  Snopes is interesting because all they do is fact check.  They don’t report at all so much as they report on reporting.

the issue with epoch times is this particular issue is even worse than usual for it, which is already batboy level.  it’s an organization with a known slant combined with a known issue with the Chinese government over and above the known slant combined with a willingness to make stuff up. They’re basically a pure propaganda organ for the owner.  Falong gong has a big big problem with the Chinese government.  They got kicked out of China proper.  And Japan, and a lot of other places.   They still exist in Hong Kong.  They may have more access than some actual news organizations (they aren’t one, they do pretend to be one though) It might actually be real video.  It might not though.  

15 minutes ago, oskar23 said:

Let's see, some alt-right guru, a fellow conspiracy theorist, one doctor, some random Chinese guy.

9 minutes ago, oskar23 said:

Listen to what? There is no interview.

The icon I’m seeing on that YouTube video is for “citizens of the American republic”. That’s Steve Bannon’s home YouTube channel.  That means it’s not an actual interview.  It’s an infomercial.

For a secretive society such as China, I bet the numbers of infected and dead arent the truth. I bet its probably a lot more then what they are telling us.

Wearing a mask is the new style I guess, seeing more and more of them wearing it in the USA and Canada.

46 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

.. epoch times... 

it’s an organization with a known slant combined with a known issue with the Chinese government over and above the known slant combined with a willingness to make stuff up. They’re basically a pure propaganda organ for the owner.  

... It might actually be real video.  It might not though.  

Everything from the epoch times is suspect. Slanted at best, usually exaggerated, too often out of any proportion, mixed in with outright fabrication. So much so, it is useless as a source.

But if you're informed about what really happened first, reading their newspaper can be entertaining. lol

For a few years, I'd get two copies each week and a friend and I would race enough other through the "science" section (which was subject to the same exaggeration, errors and fabrication as the rest of the paper) to see who could find the most errors first. It was tough to do as we were too often laughing too hard with some of the errors.

3 minutes ago, Canoe said:

epoch times

Is that the news paper in the news paper boxes, there are two of them I forget what the other one is called. Sign of the times I guess, just like going into a 7-11 and seeing the asian foods on the shelves.

5 minutes ago, greenmax said:

Is that the news paper in the news paper boxes, there are two of them I forget what the other one is called. Sign of the times I guess, just like going into a 7-11 and seeing the asian foods on the shelves.

that's it

if you're not informed, you'll go wtf

if you're informed, at first you'll be angry for someone trying to pass off such obvious crap, but sigh and move on, and it's so ridiculous you quickly end up lol

4 minutes ago, Canoe said:

ridiculous

like Alex Jones

like CNN

like Fox News

all rubbish!

Latest numbers

• CNHC Suspected is surely getting resolved. Number was 28,942 yesterday, 4,008 new today, less resolved for new total of 23,589. Leaves 9,361 resolved (to where, we don't know: Confirmed, Recovered, ?).
  • Same thing with Confirmed. It is not a cumulative total, but the current Confirmed. It has adjustments up and down and a new net amount. The daily change in that current amount is what I've been graphing as New Confirmed, when it should be labelled Change in Confirmed.
  • No number given today for those under isolation and under medical care.
  • The number that became Recovered today was not as high as yesterday, but still good. Recovered to Deaths is somewhat higher, now at 3.6:1. But so many are not resolved yet, that's effectively still an early number.
  • Severe only edged up some.

1778885892_2019-nCoVgraphCases2020-02-09.thumb.png.4b6fa97a08b9a7ed0d94ba21ac729bb0.png

7 hours ago, lamyathla said:

What am I even supposed to be looking at?

On 2/10/2020 at 4:31 AM, greenmax said:

like Alex Jones

like CNN

like Fox News

all rubbish!

no, lol

the epoch times is in a league all its own

to avoid hurting your head with the "news" part, grab a copy and check out the "science" section

but you've been warned, so I'm not responsible if you bust your gut laughing

On 2/10/2020 at 4:34 AM, Andreas Lilja said:

What am I even supposed to be looking at?

All you need to see is the logo in the upper left corner.

Spoiler

1450351306_2019-nCoVgraphDeathsRecovered2020-02-09.thumb.png.de6844dfec09a36ec562f5b52bc4bd0b.png

1689015805_2019-nCoVgraphDeltaConfirmedstacked2020-02-09.thumb.png.1c05e99f218d51ed5f0920fcb63df41b.png

On 2/10/2020 at 4:01 AM, greenmax said:

For a secretive society such as China, I bet the numbers of infected and dead arent the truth. I bet its probably a lot more then what they are telling us.

Wearing a mask is the new style I guess, seeing more and more of them wearing it in the USA and Canada.

Meaning more people afraid to death of nothing.  It may become something, but it hasn’t yet.  I’m not real interested in political axe grinding and calling a Steve bannon post an “interview” is pure political axe grinding.  He’s unbelievably politically partisan it’s literally all he does.   You can like that slant or not, but he isn’t going to say anything that isn’t specific to his personal political purpose. 

All this says to me is that the US political ultra right want people to be a scared as possible because they think it’s useful to them.  Doesn’t say anything at all about whether there is truth in it or not.  Interestingly, the US political ultra left is not doing the opposite.  At least that I have seen.  I don’t pay much attention to them either.  Steve Bannon and PETA are two sides of the same coin imho.  

This isn’t about what’s going on in US politics.  It about what is going on with a virus in China.  

Why they want ppl to be scared, buy more face masks and hand cleaner?

A deeper agenda, deep state.

1 minute ago, greenmax said:

No. Not enough supply if they're needed if there's an outbreak. People are buying them up. We can order more from China if we need to, only, well, their factories are scaling back or shutting down, and they're going shopping to buy masks outside of China. One factory in China started producing masks for their own workers...

25 minutes ago, Canoe said:

All you need to see is the logo in the upper left corner.

Doubt it's doctored, but I can't read Chinese so I have no idea what's supposed to be outrageous. They're sick and didn't want to be put in quarantine?

6 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Doubt it's doctored, but I can't read Chinese so I have no idea what's supposed to be outrageous. They're sick and didn't want to be put in quarantine?

It's from the Epoch Times. I've been seeing their outright propaganda for years. I won't waste my time on anything they produce, other than for entertainment. This topic is not entertainment. If that video turns up at a legitimate source that has verified it as not Epoch Times actors, then I'll watch it. There's too much real information out there to be spending time on something from a source that produces propaganda and fabrications.

All I need to prevent wasting my time is seeing their logo in the upper left.

30 minutes ago, greenmax said:

I have no idea. I don’t really care.  Promotion of xenophobia and general fear mongering are often useful to political organs.  It’s a random guess though.

They are a very partisan political organ with a single agenda which has nothing to do with disease. The point is they only offer information they consider useful to themselves and they often don’t care if that information has anything to do with reality or not.