Apple is Reportedly Planning to Retire iTunes.

You will listen to this free U2 Album

1517614080_ituneshistorylogos.jpg.1afe78e872472ebe874adabe11ac45cd.jpg

It is reported that during the software keynote at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference in San Jose, California next Monday, the tech giant is set to replace iTunes with different standalone version of  music, television and podcast apps. replacing the almost 2 Decade old unifying app into 3 separate counterparts. Itunes was originally introduced in Jan. 9, 2001 . last update it received was at may 28 2019 just a few days back & that'll be the end of it, It's not planning to update the app according to the rumored news from Bloomberg. But no-one knows quite yet when it’ll put the service to bed permanently, presumably it’ll offer weeks or months for users to get their files in order before pulling the plug.

The updated Music app will replace all music storage and organization functionality currently handled by iTunes.

The company is launching a trio of new apps for the Mac. Music, TV, and Podcasts  to replace iTunes. That matches Apple’s media app strategy on iPhones and iPads. Without iTunes, customers can manage their Apple gadgets through the Music app. 

itunes3.png

1523634052_apple_open_itunes_store_russia_01.jpg

If you need to manage your iThings (local backups, OS updates, etc.), the Music app will take over there just as iTunes always has. users can expect the Music app to host many of iTunes’ audio features from now on.

Apple already has dedicated apps for TV & Podcast being polished up for the event, with the introduction of the sleeker music app it will calling of the itunes app.

podcasts-tv-macos-10-15.png

Users can expect the new Music app to offer some of the same functionalities that iTunes currently does such as purchasing songs and syncing phones Music on  mac OS retains the ability to sync a user’s devices such as iPhones and iPods. Devices show up in the sidebar just like they do on iTunes. The search bar has been moved to the sidebar, which integrates both Apple Music categories as well as the user’s local Music library, inherited from iTunes.

This is the New Music App UI screenshot according to 9  to 5mac leaks
music-app-macos-10.15.jpeg

Personally last time i used Itunes was way back when i got an ipod 3rd gen shuffle, the interface was pretty choppy back then i had no idea how to use it even after watching tutorials & kinda went with the flow & somehow added songs literally by luck. a stupid Chinese USB music player at that time had seriously better ease of use simple drag and drop interface which a few of my friends had. Maybe it would've changed later i could've gotten used to it but i dunno. And it looks like i'm not gonna.i used it rarely when i had the chance & whenever i was interacting with it i was confused creating playlist & having it organize files in my way.

Anyways, So what do you guys think about this? Post your comments,rant,reaction down below.

Sources :

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-31/apple-s-future-ios-13-macos-10-15-watchos-6-tvos-13-mac-pro

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/apple-is-finally-killing-itunes-842750/

https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/31/itunes-apple-macos/

https://thenextweb.com/apple/2019/05/31/apple-plans-to-kill-itunes-after-wwdc-next-week/

https://www.techradar.com/news/apple-music-may-replace-itunes-at-wwdc-2019

Others

https://9to5mac.com/2019/05/29/macos-10-15-music-tv-app-screenshots/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_iTunes

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1052026-apple-music-surpasses-spotify-in-the-us/

Details separate people.

Thank goodness... I was getting sick of using iTunes (Apple Music). 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

So, which one will be required to transfer shit from PC to an iPhone?

I’m all for this as long as the new music app is less finicky and more streamlined.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

if the new music app is less of a banner for Apple Music, good, else still trash just like current iTunes

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

17 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

iTunes is one of the most cancerous programs ever on PC. I'm kinda happy it's dying.

'member when it was simple, lean, fast and good?

i 'member

Also remember spending months inserting the right metadata on every songs i had. 20GB collection, info and album cover all hand imputed. Best couple of months of my life.

And now that library is all on play music, cause a browser page loads faster than iTunes

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

itunes has become very bloated over the years, being the center of all the media services, so splitting them up to optimize each part of the program for it's own medium makes sense.  I'd imagine given the value of the "iTunes" name, it'll be the store, with the other programs being the desktop apps, which is pretty much what iOS has been for a while.

it’ll offer weeks or months for users to get their files in order before pulling the plug.

There will be a software update, and one program becomes three without users having to do anything.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

1 hour ago, Taf the Ghost said:

iTunes is one of the most cancerous programs ever on PC. I'm kinda happy it's dying.

Honestly, it’s just because you are running it on a PC. When I had a hackintosh on a little Intel Atom, it ran 10x faster and the interface was very smooth.

5 minutes ago, floofer said:

Honestly, it’s just because you are running it on a PC. When I had a hackintosh on a little Intel Atom, it ran 10x faster and the interface was very smooth.

iTunes always worked great on Mac, but the PC version wanted to infect the entire computer and it always, always ran poorly. 

2 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

iTunes always worked great on Mac, but the PC version wanted to infect the entire computer and it always, always ran poorly. 

They optimized it much better on Mac, and was waaay better than Media Player. Ran way too slow on PC, but it was also sold as more of a feature for Mac, so they made it run a lot better.

All I use iTunes for is to rip all of my old CDs.

5 hours ago, floofer said:

They optimized it much better on Mac, and was waaay better than Media Player. Ran way too slow on PC, but it was also sold as more of a feature for Mac, so they made it run a lot better.

It's not that Apple specially optimized iTunes for the Mac, it's that the Windows version is basically the Mac version in a wrapper.  If Apple had reworked iTunes to make it a truly native Windows app (which, to be fair, would have required a massive effort), it'd have been a much nicer experience.  Hell, I'm wondering if the Music/Podcasts/TV split is there in part to give Apple an opportunity to release truly Windows-native apps.

7 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Which google is also killing off... -_-

Hopefully they'll have something to migrate your personal uploaded library to YouTube Music, else I'll just move to something else as always 

Only reason I even meep an iTunes installer around is for the excellent AAC encoder. Kind of despise iTunes otherwise though, and dread whenever that possibility of needing it arises. Thankfully, I've a spare pc almost solely for my 3rd gen iPod Nank, and working on friend's iPhones.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I still use iTunes version 10.7.0.21 with a dark theme skin, and will likely continue to use it for the foreseeable future - its lightweight, looks nice, and does everything I need it to do without any ads, delay, or wasted space. Newer versions are bloated hot garbage though, so I'm glad this supposed retirement may push more users towards a more friendly alternative, whether that be an older version of iTunes or another music player altogether.

Literally nothing of value is lost here and those attempting to "one up" each other over which music streaming service is "better" is laughable.

Unless you buy it on a tangible format you'll never truly own it. Not to mention, you are putting control in the hands of a corporation over your continued ability to enjoy the product. I lost count of just how many people I have heard stories from that lost part of their "library" due to changes apple made.

Good riddance.

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.