Prince Harry: Fortnite should be banned

Andreas Lilja
1 minute ago, floofer said:

Not really, people have seemingly forgotten how bad it is for you to sit at a computer for hours - or a TV for that matter.

Thats a moderation issue again.

learning facts about eyesight/fatigue and all that negative effect is out there for everyone to read but most don’t follow what goes against their grain. (wants over needs)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

6 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Thats a moderation issue again.

learning facts about eyesight/fatigue and all that negative effect is out there for everyone to read but most don’t follow what goes against their grain. (wants over needs)

I think you’ll find most implementation of healthcare, much like addiction problems, cannot be left up to the individual. 3 hours or more playing a video game is not healthy.

Gonna be hilarious if this get passed, especially with all the current EGS issues.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

I've long said social media is a cancer on society that needs to be moderated.    But everyone loves their ideals until it cost them something.

Dude you have 18,000 posts here, I'm calling Adult Protective Services. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

42 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Dude you have 18,000 posts here, I'm calling Adult Protective Services. 

This forum is moderated, call anyone you want.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I've long said social media is a cancer on society that needs to be moderated.    But everyone loves their ideals until it cost them something.

Yeah once i saw the statistics behind mental health issues and social media it's pretty clear it has a huge effect. Attempted suicide in women shot up for the generation that had social media since they were young. 

1 hour ago, floofer said:

I think you’ll find most implementation of healthcare, much like addiction problems, cannot be left up to the individual. 3 hours or more playing a video game is not healthy.

Sitting in general is unhealthy. Still see people sitting in an office from 9 to 5 anyways. 

9 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Sitting in general is unhealthy. Still see people sitting in an office from 9 to 5 anyways. 

No uses for excuses. Just because someone else does it, doesn’t mean it’s ok.

9 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah once i saw the statistics behind mental health issues and social media it's pretty clear it has a huge effect. Attempted suicide in women shot up for the generation that had social media since they were young. 

That's a sad thing to hear.   not just because lives are lost, but because so many people are going to dismiss it out of hand without even being concerned if there's any truth to it.  It essentially guarantees that if there was something that could be done, it won't.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Back in my days we skipped classes just to play CS and Dota in internet cafe. School is boring and parents have no control, whatever game it is doesn't matter. If you think school and family matter the most then you should make them more interesting than video games.

This forum is moderated, call anyone you want.

So is social media? 

What is a forum anyhow, not that different from Facebook. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

3 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

So is social media? 

What is a forum anyhow, not that different from Facebook. 

Not too sure what you are trying to say.  If you think facebook is moderated like this forum is you have rocks in your head. 

Facebook's moderation is not moderation but simply an automated response to a popularity contest.  The amount of shit that is posted on facebook is in multiple orders of magnitude higher than this forum.  The moderators do a sterling job of deleting (hiding) spam, troll comments etc.  In fact there are only two posters I have encountered who post boldfaced lies about a certain company and haven't been banned for trolling/flame baiting. 

3 hours ago, floofer said:

Not really, people have seemingly forgotten how bad it is for you to sit at a computer for hours - or a TV for that matter.

And thats any worse than being sat down reading for hours and hours? 

Or hunched over working on project vehicles for hours and hours? 

Or speeding around a track or back country roads on bikes or other stuff?

Theres danger and consequences for everything we do, spending our free time playing harmless games is hardly a concern to anyone but ourselves. 

It doesnt surprise me that this thinking comes from britain, the same place that regulates what kind of sex people can have. 

Stay the hell out of my private life when im doing no harm. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

36 minutes ago, Atmos said:

And thats any worse than being sat down reading for hours and hours? 

Yes, much worse.

Or hunched over working on project vehicles for hours and hours? 

Yes again.

Or speeding around a track or back country roads on bikes or other stuff?

That doesn’t even deserve an answer. Of course.

Theres danger and consequences for everything we do, spending our free time playing harmless games is hardly a concern to anyone but ourselves. 

It is the priority of a monarchy to look after its citizens, whether they are ruling actively or not. Fortnite is just an example. We have seen loot boxes, skins, fake digital currency. All designed as money-making schemes to leech off users.

It doesnt surprise me that this thinking comes from britain, the same place that regulates what kind of sex people can have. 

What an uneducated opinion. 

Stay the hell out of my private life when im doing no harm. 

It’s attitudes like this that lead to anti-vaccers, homeotherapies and reduced mental health. 

I'm hoping Fortnite gets banned :) 

Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING

Ryzen 5900X

Corsair Hydro H150i Pro 360mm AIO

Ballistix 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CL16 RGB

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC

Corsair RM850X

Predator XB273UGS QHD IPS 165 Hz

iPhone 13 Pro 128GB Graphite

45 minutes ago, floofer said:

Yes, much worse.

Yes again.

That doesn’t even deserve an answer. Of course.

It is the priority of a monarchy to look after its citizens, whether they are ruling actively or not. Fortnite is just an example. We have seen loot boxes, skins, fake digital currency. All designed as money-making schemes to leech off users.

What an uneducated opinion. 

It’s attitudes like this that lead to anti-vaccers, homeotherapies and reduced mental health. 

I cant even dignify your kind of world view with a response, when you think that video games, are more dangerous than speeding down back country roads. Im out of this thread man. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

inb4 you need a government-issued license in order to play Fortnite in the UK

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

9 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Clearly, he's never heard about people who moderate their internet usage.

Children "moderate their internet usage".... u serious? not even parents know how to do it, or care about it let alone the kids themselves.

This is a stretch but its the same as saying allow children to drink alcohol and smoke because they should be able to moderate their consumption.... a stretch but its that bad.

I think way too often people think in black and white, instead of a balance, the real solution is like SouthKorea did, limit every game by law to how many hours per day you can play regardless of age lets say 2h per game daily for adults, and kids should get a maximum of 2-3h per day global hours, otherwise kids can still jump from game to game for 8h+.

They should incentivize kids to play outside more and organize school activities outside so they can learn about the world and develop themselves.

All this sitting on a chair is really really bad for the society's future.

12 hours ago, maartendc said:

Well, he is going to be a dad soon, Let him explain to his kids they can't play Fortnite. See what happens. LOL

They won't, plain and simple. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Prince Dipshit Harry should be banned.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

He would say something correct if he would have spesifically talked about lootboxes was bad rather than just games...

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

7 hours ago, floofer said:

No uses for excuses. Just because someone else does it, doesn’t mean it’s ok.

My point was that just about everything is bad for your health. No point in getting all worked up about something that isn't horrible for you. Also what do you think they will do if they aren't playing video games? Probably watch TV at which point it's no better. 

TBH I think the problem is more about supposed adults that let their kids play games they shouldn't be playing age wise, or that they're too busy with their own lives to know what their kids are doing. To be clear I'm not saying about parents that let their kids have an hour or 2 of playtime after their homework and chores are done... I'm saying it's the ones that don't care what their kids are doing, as long as they aren't bugging them. We all know parents like that I think. And then it's a snowball effect, because kid A says that kid b gets to play fortnite, or gets to play all night etc etc.

Never worked for me. I was allowed a fair bit of free reign when I was young, as I was the youngest and my siblings had paved the way for me somewhat... but I still had boundaries. If I tried the "well johnny gets to play etc etc" then I was told "if johnny jumped off a bridge would you do it?" or words to that effect.

To be quite honest though, if it was a choice between kids being on certain forums, or other social media.. or playing some games - in moderation... then I would choose games. Some social media are savage.

Some parents make little effort to restrict their kids online activities unfortunately, even though there are many software packages available, even free ones, and router settings that can be easily turned on etc.

I don't however agree with "ban such and such game", it's not a game issue it's a parenting issue IMO.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

2 hours ago, yian88 said:

Children "moderate their internet usage".... u serious? not even parents know how to do it, or care about it let alone the kids themselves.

This is a stretch but its the same as saying allow children to drink alcohol and smoke because they should be able to moderate their consumption.... a stretch but its that bad.

I think way too often people think in black and white, instead of a balance, the real solution is like SouthKorea did, limit every game by law to how many hours per day you can play regardless of age lets say 2h per game daily for adults, and kids should get a maximum of 2-3h per day global hours, otherwise kids can still jump from game to game for 8h+.

They should incentivize kids to play outside more and organize school activities outside so they can learn about the world and develop themselves.

All this sitting on a chair is really really bad for the society's future.

Or maybe just parent your children? Having the state mandate how someone restricts and raises their kids is not smart. Its not that hard to moderate how much your kids play video games. I know my parent did but they were also fairly reasonable about it as well.