Can Linus Tech Tip not post crazy build computer?

buklu

iAm Gunnah Unsubsfcribevveee linus!

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

whut?

maybe learn to read and write first, complete sentences help to get a job and get payed.

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

It's just not as interesting to post simple PC builds, unless it is a special video to for example test how accurate minimum requirements are.

Plus there are other channels that cover budget option; RandomGamingHD being my favorite.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I would vote not to make basic builds. I go to other channels like kitguru and some others for that. Linus is my crazy stuff channel.

If you like cars would you rather watch people test out the latest sports car or a basic family car?

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I agree with @NineEyeRon and @Miniois, LTT is the 'crazy wacky outlandish stuff' channel, there are plenty of options for more modest builds

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

22 minutes ago, buklu said:

not everybody be rich like you

I've got a simple solution for you: stop watching, if you can't handle other people having more money to spend than you!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

They haven't ever done budget build guide. So if you are expecting one from them, I don't know where you would have gotten that idea. There are other notable youtubers who make content like that. If you want Linus to be in one, just look at collab with Austin Evans from few years ago.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

23 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

whut?

maybe learn to read and write first, complete sentences help to get a job and get payed.

not everyone live in the earth has to be speak english

4 minutes ago, buklu said:

That is true but there is a difference between a grammatical error or a slightly misused word, and a sentence that just makes no sense. Also I think that guy was mostly making a joke based on his phrasing.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

I bet this thread will make Linus change the focus of their channel to budget computers, don't worry my friend.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

he does do that holiday special where he tells you the best setups around certain budgets and i think thats enough.

but also i do have enough of the crazy extreme system videos also. like "fastest system ever" and without watching im like "yeah ok so what is it let me guess 2-4 of whatever is the fastest nvidia card, some outlandishly expensive cpu with core count deep into the double digits and enough ram that i could pay off my student loan from what its worth.  seen that concept a bunch of times now" it just doesnt do it for me anymore unless theres something weird and edge like the latest video on that ethernet GPU was very interesting although i wish they would find some practical use for it and show that in the videos instead of going "look i a display signal on the other side of the parking lot" same thing with the freaking satelite wifi thing also very interesting. 

in general i think how to use systems properly is more interesting than just builing them. for example when they expalin their workflow across their servers using one system for this and then passing it through this to .... blablabla you know the tricky stuff. everyone at this point can put a bunch of screws into whatever is the latest motherboard and case and all that stuff but knowing what is best for what use case thats where it gets interesting.

i only wished they would do a bit more modding or show off some modded build on WAN or something. not like regular builds but just the extreme stuff where people make their own cases and stuff like that. idk could be cool. or you know crown the build of week from the forum build logs or something.

also some recommendations for a good NAS / HTPC setup would be intersting or setting up smart stuff and intergrating it 

i mean thats all not what they are aiming at really but im just saying that general type of stuff what im here for 

TLDR: im not interested anymore in system build video wether its high end or low end. bring on the weird edge case stuff.

EDIT: also all that being said i am not bitching about the selection of video topics. if i see another notebook review i just dont watch that one then and only wathc the once that sound interesting like a normal person you know

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

10 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

They haven't ever done budget build guide. So if you are expecting one from them, I don't know where you would have gotten that idea. There are other notable youtubers who make content like that. If you want Linus to be in one, just look at collab with Austin Evans from few years ago.

Well that's not entirely true, they have their holiday shopping guides and such. But I agree, LTT isn't the place for sane tech xD

So is the rest probably

2 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

I bet this thread will make Linus change the focus of their channel to budget computers, don't worry my friend.

the entire LMG just dissipates, and gets replaced with BMG, or Budget Media Group.

1 hour ago, buklu said:

No, but here in forums you get much better quality answers if you put some effort in your own posts.

1 hour ago, myselfolli said:

Well that's not entirely true, they have their holiday shopping guides and such. But I agree, LTT isn't the place for sane tech xD

They don't really build those. Just talk about some amazon pricing. Same thing you can do by just posting to forums with price point, location and main usages.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

They don't really build those. Just talk about some amazon pricing. Same thing you can do by just posting to forums with price point, location and main usages.

Fair point. But like I said, I fully agree with you, LTT is not the place for sane stuff :P

So is the rest probably

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

They haven't ever done budget build guide

Uh...

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

They do budget builds sometimes too.

Plus, you have to realize this is a channel that is more aimed toward the enthusiast crowd.

You don’t need to be rich to have an amazing build.

Being at least middle class however does help.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

1 minute ago, RoseLuck462 said:

You don’t need to be rich to have an amazing build.

Being at least middle class however does help.

Even on a tight budget you can put together something pretty decent. A high schooler working at McDonalds or even just cutting the neighbor's lawn once a week can save up enough to throw something together that is competent. Going the used route or finding cheap used towers that can accommodate modest upgrades can be great to get your foot in the door.

39 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Uh...

Yeah, I know. I was making fun of OP as this is among those questions/rants we get often. I just answered this same thing week ago.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

whut?

While I do not disagree with you, keep in mind we don't know where the first two posters are located. The first one gives no location so we don't know if he worded his post poorly on purpose or there is a language barrier.

The second poster is obviously being sarcastic but his punctuation suggests Spanish may be his first language. We can't tell because he lists his location as a fictional one in some game.

Which segues into a pet peeve of mine: people who do not post their actual location. Knowing where a poster is from is very helpful when trying to help a poster with what hardware to use, etc. and can make it easier to understand why a poster may seem to not be proficient in English (or is just ignorant or being sarcastic). Granted, my location is a sarcastic political comment but my parenthetical explanation should make it clear I'm from the USA).

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

8 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

The "holiday PC buyer's guide" is very budget-oriented.

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

25 minutes ago, Lord Mirdalan said:

The "holiday PC buyer's guide" is very budget-oriented.

As I already said, its not build guide. Its just Linus browsing Amazon. And we could make still arguments about Linus using only US Amazon and having price points accordingly. Its well known that US is probably cheapest place to buy tech. So why they don't make it with Canadian pricing? Or European (Germany)? Or Australian? Suddenly its not that budget oriented, as we can read from complains made on forums.

So my point stands. Who continues to watch Linus in hopes that A) They do actually educational content B) Budget build guides C) Something expensive that involves their own money? (Other than buying camera gear).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv