Anybody speak foreign languages here?

I speak English, Filipino, Bisaya, and a wee bit of Japanese.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Just now, WereCatf said:

Does rubbish count? I'm pretty good at speaking rubbish.

I'm completely fluent in two languages: English and Sarcasm.

I can speak Crap Talk pretty well too, though.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I'm completely fluent in two languages: English and Sarcasm.

I can speak Crap Talk pretty well too, though.

Ah, no wonder there's a whiff of pony manure burning in my nostrils.

...I do have to say I much prefer the smell of napalm in the morning.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Spanish, native. English, kind of fluent.  ( I thought I had posted this, but seems I didn't)

I understand though cannot speak or only roughly speak:

Spanish

Portuguese

Afrikaans

German

I fluently speak:

American Sign Language

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

On 2/3/2019 at 6:21 PM, Froody129 said:

I speak English and Afrikaans

I used to be able to speak a bit of Afrikaans because of my South African dad. I can't speak it anymore (haven't needed to use it in a while so it just slipped my mind) but I can still read it decently enough..

Other than that I speak British and South African English and some Welsh and Spanish.

I use SA english when talking to family and some friends, but online and sometimes in person I prefer to use UK english so then I know that more people can understand me.

I've had times when people haven't understood some of what I'm saying so it's easier to speak UK english most of the time. 

4 hours ago, 1kv said:

I used to be able to speak a bit of Afrikaans because of my South African dad. I can't speak it anymore (haven't needed to use it in a while so it just slipped my mind) but I can still read it decently enough..

Other than that I speak British and South African English and some Welsh and Spanish.

I use SA english when talking to family and some friends, but online and sometimes in person I prefer to use UK english so then I know that more people can understand me.

I've had times when people haven't understood some of what I'm saying so it's easier to speak UK english most of the time. 

Lol. We have some great slang words, even if they sometimes aren't understood by everyone. I think it's also regional. A heavy Cape accent even Saffers struggle to understand, but Johannesburg English is pretty close to US/UK English 

That's an F in the profile pic

21 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Lol. We have some great slang words, even if they sometimes aren't understood by everyone. I think it's also regional. A heavy Cape accent even Saffers struggle to understand, but Johannesburg English is pretty close to US/UK English 

Yeah, it's definitely regional. Most of my dad's family were from around Cape Town and the Garden Route and they have a Cape accent. Not too heavy, but definitely noticeable.

I've been to Cape Town, PE and Joburg before and I could definitely notice the difference between the accents.

Like the accents, I think the slang words are kind of a regional thing. They're mostly similar across the whole country though.

English - Native. I caught on a little late tho cause bad start at life. 
Russian - learning, slowly but surely. 
Korean - learning, even slower but still, i'm learning it. 
ASL - Hardly anything at all, I have issues with using my voice sometimes and my partner teaches me some signs here and there to help me. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

6 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

I understand though cannot speak or only roughly speak:

Spanish

Portuguese

Afrikaans

German

I fluently speak:

American Sign Language

Tips on getting better with ASL? I could really, really use some sort of fluency in it. thanks!

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

German, English, lower German from the oldern days, and bit of russian. all related to my origins and upbringing except for eglish which is just mandatory in school here soo... yeah. i always wanted to pick up new languages but never had enough interst  or use for it i guess.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

11 hours ago, BurgerBum said:

Tips on getting better with ASL? I could really, really use some sort of fluency in it. thanks!

With ASL it is all about hand coordination. Many of the grammar rules are the same as english (the notable exceptions being the Rule of 9 and WH question placement).

The best way to get better with ASL is to practice that. I personally play Violin, so I already had the dexterity for it. Many of the basic signs you would learn in a class are simple to memorize, can be made with classifiers, or you could cheat and fingerspell ?

As for understanding others it is just down to practice. You can be the best signer ever, but if you can't understand it from the other perspective it's a useless tool. Practice, and be sure to memorize the phrase "Sorry, can you repeat that please?"

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 

I speak Arabic, English, Hebrew, a bit of German, and can somewhat understand Hindu.

18 hours ago, CUDAcores89 said:

I speak republican does that help?

Build wall, remove Obama care. Isis is gone. Kim jong un denuclearization, Putin bad.  I can speak your language too ;)

56 minutes ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

With ASL it is all about hand coordination. Many of the grammar rules are the same as english (the notable exceptions being the Rule of 9 and WH question placement).

The best way to get better with ASL is to practice that. I personally play Violin, so I already had the dexterity for it. Many of the basic signs you would learn in a class are simple to memorize, can be made with classifiers, or you could cheat and fingerspell ?

As for understanding others it is just down to practice. You can be the best signer ever, but if you can't understand it from the other perspective it's a useless tool. Practice, and be sure to memorize the phrase "Sorry, can you repeat that please?"

Yeah, I play mandolin (and bass) so dexterity isn't really an issue for me either. :D 
Thanks! 

-Jim Hensen

3 minutes ago, BurgerBum said:

Yeah, I play mandolin (and bass) so dexterity isn't really an issue for me either. :D 
Thanks! 

Not a problem! Feel free to DM me if you ever have questions on ASL.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

English since it my native language.  Though, slightly a messy kind since I have a southern dialect with slight hint of Western Coast dialect (spent six years in north part of California) and now live in Florida (snow birds and all that jazz).  xD I had folks back in Alabama go what the hell is up with my dialect.  Took French in High School for two years, never really used it, so I do not recall much of it anymore.  Occasionaly take a wack at learning German, so I know some basic words, not a whole lot though.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

As a child I spoke French and Arabic. I lost both due to not using either for almost 20 years and sticking to English. Luckily I got my French back. I'm absolutely useless in Arabic though. 

Sim, nativamente sou brasileiro então falo português.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

I speak Indonesian (native), Javanese (native), and English. A bit of Makassarese, Malay, Betawi, Mandarin, and Arabic.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold