Anybody speak foreign languages here?

does sign language count? 

if so, then yes.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

English, Spanish, a bit of French (mostly for talking with my grandmother), and learning Japanese. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

E2C55BCA-9E4A-4D86-B32C-99A717E4F159.jpeg.7e38d27ad07ce5b436de8ca3e7767f1a.jpeg

11 hours ago, hiitswilliam said:

I was just curious what other languages people here speak. I really only speak english. And a little french. I know that @benjaminr speaks Greek. And that's about it. 

English, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and I can read some German, though I can't really write it or speak it out loud myself.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I speak Hungarian and English. I'm currently trying to learn Japanese to embrace my inner weeb. :P

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Turkish, English and I somewhat understand French and Spanish but I wont even attempt to speak or communicate with those languages even when I am piss drunk.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Guten Tag, Ich mag Kekse (German)

Tschä zäme, I ha gärn chrömli (Swiss German)

Sup Guys, I like biscuits 

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

I primarily speak English, and can speak Cantonese Chinese due to being Hong Kong Chinese myself. I can't read or write Chinese however since I never bothered to learn it.

I can read, write, and speak some Korean, I've been learning off-and-on since May 2017. The level of Korean I'm capable of is comparable to a first-grader, but it's a start.

안녕하세요! 저는 민니입니다. :)

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Norwegian is my first language and English is my second.

And because I am Norwegian, I do ofc also understand Swedish and Danish, but I can't write or talk it myself.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Foreign languages? That would be English, little bit of German and telling urods and gopniks to idi nachui

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

14 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

I want to be like this guy

Yeah I saw that about a year ago.

5 hours ago, Arika S said:

if so, then yes.

I would say that it does.

It's pretty amazing how diverse this community is

6 hours ago, Arika S said:

if so, then yes.

Is it a foreign sign language?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Is it a foreign sign language?

Well, it's still a language different from english, so I would count it. 

I forgot to mention in my earliest post that, in addition to the languages I already speak, I would like to be able to handle japanese and chinese, and german properly. Why? Well, I've always loved how german sounds like, it's such a cool language. Japanese and chinese are on my list mostly because of all the cool technology and gadgets you can obtain from their respective countries, but which only have specsheets/programming info/etc. only in the aforementioned languages. That said, chinese also sounds quite nice.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

29 minutes ago, hiitswilliam said:

Well, it's still a language different from english, so I would count it. 

Actually, it's not. Sign language is just a set of hand symbols for the respective language.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I speak English and Kannada(ಕನ್ನಡ ), but i can understand Telugu(తెలుగు), Partial Hindi(हिंदी) and Tamil(தமிழ்). 

PS, you know that meme with ಠ_ಠ ?? that's actually an alphabet in Kannada ಠ - Ta

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

French is my first language. I learned English as my second language.
I know a few words in other languages, enough to recognize the language itself but not speak it.... And I know a bit of Japanese from years of watching anime #weeb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

english is my second language, i can speak cantonese and can read chinese (middle school level), can understand mandarin but speak poorly. also kindergarten level of japanese, and a handful of daily thai and vietnamese words.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Actually, it's not. Sign language is just a set of hand symbols for the respective language.

The grammar and syntax of sign languages tend to quite different from the written and spoken languages of the lands in which they’re used. It’s definitely not a 1:1 word-sign ratio. And English has many sign languages. American, British, Australian and New Zealand for example. NZSL shares about 60% with BSL and only 30% with ASL. So sign languages are definitely not foreign languages in the places they come from, but are also not just “hand representations of _______”

About 8-10 years ago I started to learn NZSL to communicate with some deaf kids in my class, but they moved schools and I didn’t keep up with it. I still remember the basics and can say a lot more than I can understand. It’s very hard to “read” in real time. 

I’m semi-fluent in French and am heading up there to work and home my language skills for a year soon.

I’ve also just started to learn Russian from my best mate. I can read the characters and make all the sounds now and I’m getting better at listening to her and her husband speaking. 

On 2/1/2019 at 5:03 PM, Billy Pilgrim said:

Ego Sum Groot

Wouldn't that just be "Sum Grootus"? 
Isn't the "ego" understood? 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

I speak Portuguese, spanish and english ahgah, anyone from brazil around here?

"Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave birth to time and space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that set a planet spinning in that space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave rise to life as we know it... And then came the next explosion. An explosion that will be our last"

"... To see the world in a grain of sand. Heaven in a wild flower

Hold infinite in the palm of your hand.  And eternity in an hour ..."

PC: 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 4.3GHz 1.3875v Motherboard: AsRock X470 Taichi (BIOS: Agesa 1.0.0.3 ABB) RAM: 4x8GB(32) 3200MHzCL16 Hyper X GPU: GTX 980 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Core Clock: 1595MHz Memory Clock: 8000MHz Storage: SAMSUNG EVO 860 2TB(OS) / SAMSUNG EVO 860 1TB(Backup) Cooler: NZXT Hydro X72 360mm Case: NZXT Phantom 820 PSU: Corsair TX-750w Display Monitor: Monitor AOC AG251FG 240Hz G-Sync 1080p Headset: Headset LogiTech G633 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Version: 1909 / OS Build: )

NOTEBOOK:

Model: Acer Aspire 5516 CPU: AMD TF-20 1.6GHz(1C/1T) GPU: ATI Radeon X1200(256MB) RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) 666MHz HD: SSD Sandisk PLUS 240GB OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64