You thought GTX 1060 was confusing? You've seen nothing. Enter RTX 2060 and 6 variants of the same card

Bouzoo
15 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Can you down clock GPU memory like by 50% and still have a stable card?

I was thinking the same. I don't think the sliders go down that much, or do they?

MSI afterburniner on 1080Ti at min slider, 1251. Normal 1377 (under load).

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

8 minutes ago, porina said:

I was thinking the same. I don't think the sliders go down that much, or do they?

Lowest GPU Tweak lets me go is 1000 MHz down from 1250 MHz default, stable though.

Edit:

Corrected values

On 12/26/2018 at 3:51 AM, Master Disaster said:

It's a simple concept and one employed by many larger businesses. If the customer cannot work out which product is the best value for money then theres a higher chance they'll buy the most expensive thinking it's the best.

Next time you're in a supermarket keep an eye on product labels, you'll notice that different brands often use different measures on the same products. One example here in Europe is ketchup, everyone uses volume (millilitres or ml) on ketchup bottles except Heinz who use weight instead. They only do this because it's impossible for customers to work out their bottles have less in them than competitors. To counter this many supermarket own brands now often list volume and weight.

When a customer is confused they tend to just buy the most expensive one they can afford and the companies make sure the product that's most likely to be is also the worst value for money.

I don't know what brands you have over there, but over here (in the US) Heinz really is better. I know I get really annoyed if I sit down at a restaurant and they have Hunts, which tastes like it has too much water and vinegar in it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

TLDR

IMO, some of you guys are making it too confusing on yourselves. 6 skus isn't confusing. Just need to ignore the non important part, that's all

So 6 cards.

1. All are RTX 2060

2. It comes with either 3GB, 4GB, or 6GB

3. It comes with either GDDR5/X or GDDR6

That's it. Rest of this "OC, Aorus, WindForce, ITX" is not important at this moment. You will know what they are, when you're about to buy the card, because there will be, the name of the card and a picture, that will tell you exactly what it is.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

What's the issue? Just do your research and take responsibility for your purchase. How hard can it be to just look at what you want and buy the correct product.

The worst thing is, that this affects etailers much more than the average consumer. 

8 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

TLDR

IMO, some of you guys are making it too confusing on yourselves. 6 skus isn't confusing. Just need to ignore the non important part, that's all

So 6 cards.

1. All are RTX 2060

2. It comes with either 3GB, 4GB, or 6GB

3. It comes with either GDDR5/X or GDDR6

That's it. Rest of this "OC, Aorus, WindForce, ITX" is not important at this moment. You will know what they are, when you're about to buy the card, because there will be, the name of the card and a picture, that will tell you exactly what it is.

It's not confusing for us, it's totally redundant and unnecessary and makes it harder to explain to other people. I work in an IT department of around 160 people, about 5 know much about GPUs to be able to buy them without asking one of those 5 people. Sure not everyone is a technical person so I'll reduce it down to that, 5 out of 60.

It might not actually matter much, the different ram types might do nothing, most of them might only need 3GB, some might need 4GB, some might need 6GB but you know what is a lot easier, two options. 4GB or 6GB and a simple question I need to ask, is your monitor 1080p or higher? There won't be follow up questions past that by me or them without 6 options.

Not everyone is willing to spend the time to get up to speed with the GPU market and just needs or wants to buy something, just because in my example they are all well trained well paid experts they can just buy something more expensive they don't need means it's a good market situation.

It hurt itself in its CONFUSION

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

19 hours ago, Senzelian said:

What's the issue? Just do your research and take responsibility for your purchase. How hard can it be to just look at what you want and buy the correct product.

The worst thing is, that this affects etailers much more than the average consumer. 

The problem for us isn't really the confusion. We're the type of people who would even spend over 30 minutes or even more watching a GPU review. 

The real issue is redundance. We have to know whether there are only memory capacity differences between the 3 or are there differences in the binning of the silicon itself alongside the type of memory used. 

Not to mention that for stockeeping and logistics, it's going to be quite the headache. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

6 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

The problem for us isn't really the confusion. We're the type of people who would even spend over 30 minutes or even more watching a GPU review. 

The real issue is redundance. We have to know whether there are only memory capacity differences between the 3 or are there differences in the binning of the silicon itself alongside the type of memory used. 

Not to mention that for stockeeping and logistics, it's going to be quite the headache. 

So far we always found out about that, right? It isn't always easy, but the information exists.

39 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

So far we always found out about that, right? It isn't always easy, but the information exists.

All we know right now is that there may be 6 variants of the 2060 with 3 different memory capacity options. 

We haven't yet got info on the type of VRAM used, GPU binning for the different variants among other things. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

I miss the days when whole lineup consisted of max 4 cards + 2 extra weird ones like the AGP 8x back in the day or with 128MB instead of "only" 64MB memory. Now it's 6 cards just to cover one model in a whole lineup. Ridiculous.

And people are also dumb and spoiled sheep. Back when you had basically only 3 cards, if you couldn't afford a higher one, you took the lower one that you could afford. Or sometimes sqeeze the teeth and opened up the wallet a bit more and took a higher model. Now, people need own model for every frigging 10€ step in price. Jesus, that's ridiculous. How hard is it to add 20€ on top of 250€? Very apparently. But now we need 2 models for that price range, one for 250€ and one for 270€. Idiotic and unnecessary.

7 hours ago, RejZoR said:

I miss the days when whole lineup consisted of max 4 cards + 2 extra weird ones like the AGP 8x back in the day or with 128MB instead of "only" 64MB memory. Now it's 6 cards just to cover one model in a whole lineup. Ridiculous.

And people are also dumb and spoiled sheep. Back when you had basically only 3 cards, if you couldn't afford a higher one, you took the lower one that you could afford. Or sometimes sqeeze the teeth and opened up the wallet a bit more and took a higher model. Now, people need own model for every frigging 10€ step in price. Jesus, that's ridiculous. How hard is it to add 20€ on top of 250€? Very apparently. But now we need 2 models for that price range, one for 250€ and one for 270€. Idiotic and unnecessary.

I don't miss those days at all,  a handful of choices from barely better than onboard to more than a weeks pay.  No thanks. 

Today we have it awesome, even a $150 card can play the latest games acceptably if you turn of unneeded options like shadows etc.   And if you have a little bit more to spend you can actually buy something that is a little bit better, unlike before when you had to basically double your budget or stick with crap.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

36 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I don't miss those days at all,  a handful of choices from barely better than onboard to more than a weeks pay.  No thanks. 

Today we have it awesome, even a $150 card can play the latest games acceptably if you turn of unneeded options like shadows etc.   And if you have a little bit more to spend you can actually buy something that is a little bit better, unlike before when you had to basically double your budget or stick with crap.

I pity anyone who had to deal with the Vanta LT. The Vanta and M64 were bad enough before the release of that POS.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

I pity anyone who had to deal with the Vanta LT. The Vanta and M64 were bad enough before the release of that POS.

I remember buying a riva tnt2, PCI version because my mobo didn't have AGP.  That was a shit card and a shit time.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

15 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I remember buying a riva tnt2, PCI version because my mobo didn't have AGP.  That was a shit card and a shit time.

And since the actually output quality depended solely on vendors, it wasn't unusual to buy a TNT2 *which made everything look terrible as well as stuttery AF (TNT2 after all were really what the TNT was supposed to launch as).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

13 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

And since the actually output quality depended solely on vendors, it wasn't unusual to buy a TNT2 made everything look terrible as well as stuttery AF (TNT2 after all were really what the TNT was supposed to launch as).

This makes me want to get my TNT 2 pro out again :P

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

26 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

This makes me want to get my TNT 2 pro out again :P

Bloody hell, not me,  I don't even know where my tnt2 is, but I would rather leave it in the past.  The memory is enough to stop me from making that mistake again.

7 hours ago, mr moose said:

Your logic is straight up bizarre. I'm surprised you're not also complaining how your hatchback only has 150 HP when it clearly should have had 700 HP for 15.000 bucks... And you're comparing an era of greatest visual evolution (meaning everything got obsolete very quickly) in games to today's era of stagnation (where 5 generations old high end card still runs things relatively well). Of course anything runs anything smoothly when graphics haven't really moved anywhere for years lol...

If you can't step up I don't know, 40 bucks for a significant performance upgrade on a 300€ card, then what are you even doing with your life? Granulating models down to every 10 bucks is retardation that caused Gigabyte to have freaking 50 versions of upcoming RTX 2060... It's not ttheir fault or NVIDIA's fault, it's you ppl demanding this nonsense. Uh oh, I can't pay up 40 extra bucks for a 300€ purchase that will last me for several years, plz cater to me with yet another model that will cost exactly those 10 bucks more istead of 40. Yeah, you ppl created this, not the vendors.

https://videocardz.com/79505/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-pricing-and-performance-leaked

Nvidia's 2060 reviewer guide leaked. It's a refactored 1070, for most applications, though those games where AMD has a significant advantage should go away with Async that's on Turing.

List is 350 USD, these are probably going to be 380 to 450USD cards. Nvidia, and the whole GPU space, is acting like Navi will actually shift the segments and Nvidia will respond on 7nm in 2020. Thus, Nvidia is keeping prices really high since AMD can't cut Vega prices.

2 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

https://videocardz.com/79505/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-pricing-and-performance-leaked

Nvidia's 2060 reviewer guide leaked. It's a refactored 1070, for most applications, though those games were AMD has a significant advantage should go away with Async that's on Turing.

List is 350 USD, these are probably going to be 380 to 450USD cards. Nvidia, and the whole GPU space, is acting like Navi will actually shift the segments and Nvidia will respond on 7nm in 2020. Thus, Nvidia is keeping prices really high since AMD can't cut Vega prices.

As I see it, depending on the title it is either on pair with 1070 or 1070ti. I assume it might close to 1070ti with proper drivers, but then it would be closer to 2070 than I'd expect.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Your logic is straight up bizarre. I'm surprised you're not also complaining how your hatchback only has 150 HP when it clearly should have had 700 HP for 15.000 bucks...

??  that makes no sense.

And you're comparing an era of greatest visual evolution (meaning everything got obsolete very quickly) in games to today's era of stagnation (where 5 generations old high end card still runs things relatively well). Of course anything runs anything smoothly when graphics haven't really moved anywhere for years lol...

Of course I'm comparing two different era's, why do you think I said it was so much better these days?

If you can't step up I don't know, 40 bucks for a significant performance upgrade on a 300€ card, then what are you even doing with your life? Granulating models down to every 10 bucks is retardation that caused Gigabyte to have freaking 50 versions of upcoming RTX 2060... It's not ttheir fault or NVIDIA's fault, it's you ppl demanding this nonsense. Uh oh, I can't pay up 40 extra bucks for a 300€ purchase that will last me for several years, plz cater to me with yet another model that will cost exactly those 10 bucks more istead of 40. Yeah, you ppl created this, not the vendors.

Not too sure what kind of world you lived in but to get the best when you only had 4 options was not an extra $40,  that is what it is like today, back then you had to double your budget because it went from shit average at $150 to the best at $300+  there was no 5 iterations in between like there is today.  The closest we cam was when voodoo where still in the game because they had a few options in between nvidia and some S3 variants.