SpaceX isn't at fault for loss of Zuma Satellite

Eduard the weeb

original article from the Verge -  https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/9/17215016/spacex-falcon-9-zuma-spacecraft-northrop-grumman-payload-adapter

so back on January 7th SpaceX launched a Falcon 9 carrying this satellite, the satellite is believed to have been lost in between deployment and the reentry of the rocket, many blamed SpaceX the manufacturers of the rocket, however it appears that it was actually the payload adapter made by Northrop Grumman a military contractor failed not the rocket.

The Wall Street Journal confirms that theory. Its report notes that Zuma’s shape made it susceptible to damage from vibrations, so Northrop Grumman modified an adapter to make the spacecraft’s separation from the rocket more delicate. The adapter was tested three times before the flight, the WSJ says, but it didn’t work once in space. As a result, Zuma was dragged lower into the atmosphere by the rocket. It eventually separated from the rocket, according to the WSJ, but it was low and couldn’t be saved. Northrop Grumman did not immediately respond to The Verge’s request for comment.

please keep in mind that this satellite is believed to be a Spy Satellite that is estimated at 3.5 billion USD, also alot of details have been foggy sense this satellite is believed to be of military intent so sources have been anonymous so far.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

the satellite is believed to have been lost

282cwo.jpg.fc97378d2e172cc5bb7c907e0a1bd3d9.jpg

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

Yea I'm still not convinced by the official government story. I won't connect any dots either because we don't have concrete evidence to build on, just speculations. Really curious about what actually happened though. Makes me scratch my head every time. 

@sazrocks

don't have to hide what no one thinks is there

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

32 minutes ago, Deus Voltage said:

Yea I'm still not convinced by the official government story. I won't connect any dots either because we don't have concrete evidence to build on, just speculations. Really curious about what actually happened though. Makes me scratch my head every time. 

Most likely the adapter caused an issue that prevented the satellite from entering a proper orbit after it was released from the second stage. It likely made it up there, but without enough thrust to correct the miss. Thus, they might have deorbited it themselves. It would explain why some amateur telescopers have claimed to have seen it.

Or, the camera was so sensitive that the launch broke it and they've got a really, really expensive brick flying in orbit.

21 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

man that reminds me of the number of expensive bricks of vastly differing sizes we have in orbit ._.

Thought those were the lego pieces for the lego death star 

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

tbh if I was the government I would be hella pissed tho because it did cause 3.5 Billon and the rocket worked fine but the thing didn't launch on time like what the hell

16 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

tbh if I was the government I would be hella pissed tho because it did cause 3.5 Billon and the rocket worked fine but the thing didn't launch on time like what the hell

More pissed is likely Northrop's insurance carrier for the flight. Though these things happen, so it's built into most project approaches.

31 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

Its the government...money is irrelevant to them, they can just print more!

In all seriousness, I defiantly agree with you

WINDOWS HAS NOT DETECTED A KEYBOARD

PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.

I have read an article about the SpaceX program.

And what do you think will happen next?

Edited by colonel_mortis
Link removed

On 4/9/2018 at 8:09 PM, sazrocks said:

"lost"

Wouldn't it be funny if they faked its loss tricking people (more importantly, Russia and the Middle East) into believing that they don't have a 3.5bn satellite watching over them

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Image result for texting alien

:)

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

11 hours ago, Energycore said:

Wouldn't it be funny if they faked its loss tricking people (more importantly, Russia and the Middle East) into believing that they don't have a 3.5bn satellite watching over them

That was my point.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

11 hours ago, Energycore said:

I’m fairly sure that Russia, China, etc, had every lens at their disposal watching that thing anyway, so they would likely know if the US had lied and this was a ruse. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

I’m fairly sure that Russia, China, etc, had every lens at their disposal watching that thing anyway, so they would likely know if the US had lied and this was a ruse. 

Stealth Satellites are a technology that exists, though we don't know how much it's been implemented. What the other major powers would have is a better idea if it went down before making orbit.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:03 PM, Eduard the weeb said:

this satellite is believed to be a Spy Satellite that is estimated at 3.5 billion USD

Multi billion dollar satellite lost by a $1300 adapter

F

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25