Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Wonder how many car people on here from the NY area maybe after all this virus stuff we ca arrange a car meet!

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Wonder how many car people on here from the NY area maybe after all this virus stuff we ca arrange a car meet!

Ah, it's been a few years since I lived in NY but I would have.  I do still have two cars at the parents' place out there, though.

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

Earlier today I got enough "essential" things I needed to do lined-up, like getting fuel and getting to the bank ATM, that I took my motorcycle out for my once-a-week jaunt during the lockdown; It was fantastic, easily the best thing I've done in the last 7 days.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

got the new... to me.... cluster in and installed the sketchwheel. repainted the entire top of the dash. wired some leds to teh door switches. Yea kinda rice but that car is too dark when needing to use the crappy map light. Its comin along good

20200409_194144.jpg.915e8a8349efca3d0bbc9b0c9e295ed8.jpg

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

On 4/8/2020 at 3:38 PM, vf1000ride said:

Those are the good weather only motorcycles.  Moved them into the house so I could do some cleaning and shelf building in the garage over the winter.  Never happened, it's about warm enough to move them back out and the garage really makes me look more of a packrat than I truly am.  This is the all weather bike though.  2016 Multistrada pikes peak.

On 4/8/2020 at 4:15 PM, Ducati888 said:

I love my Multi Enduro! The multi is a beast all around all weather bike! I've ridden in rain sleet, heat! A big thing is riding gear. 

Very nice bikes indeed. I'm still in love with their Hypermotard :x

Current dream bike would have to be the Honda CBX. Gimme that straight six

My dad has an 88' GSX1100F, but I'm not the biggest fan of supersports, and I'm not licenced for it (yet). Either way, that thing still scares me xD and it's quite heavy, I have a pretty tough time moving it around. I've never ridden it, but hopefully that changes in a year or two hehe. It sounds glorious (pretty fucking loud too) and looks pretty good too, wouldn't mind owning it :ph34r:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

3 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Very nice bikes indeed. I'm still in love with their Hypermotard :x

Current dream bike would have to be the Honda CBX. Gimme that straight six

My dad has an 88' GSX1100F, but I'm not the biggest fan of supersports, and I'm not licenced for it (yet). Either way, that thing still scares me xD and it's quite heavy, I have a pretty tough time moving it around. I've never ridden it, but hopefully that changes in a year or two hehe. It sounds glorious (pretty fucking loud too) and looks pretty good too, wouldn't mind owning it :ph34r:

I love the hyper! Being a Ducati Technician I was lucky enough to get a lot of seat time on the entire line up! And by far the older hyper 1100, was my jam! Front end feeling was it's only down side in my opinion,  I knew a lot of customers that wiped out from front and wash outs. The new 939 is a beast tho! Highly recommend anyone to go test ride that thing 

20190306_094114_HDR.jpg

Some nice car sounds in these videos.

I'm going to get my Celica out today once the garbage truck is done on the street, it doesn't sound as awesome as those cars but it's still a bunch of fun. Air temp is a little low at 44F but with the sun out and the roads dry I should be able to get the tires warm enough for enough grip to be safe and have responsible fun.

Decided I definitely want another one

20180525_192854.jpg

IMG_3794.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

5 hours ago, Ducati888 said:

I love the hyper! Being a Ducati Technician I was lucky enough to get a lot of seat time on the entire line up! And by far the older hyper 1100, was my jam! Front end feeling was it's only down side in my opinion,  I knew a lot of customers that wiped out from front and wash outs. The new 939 is a beast tho! Highly recommend anyone to go test ride that thing 

20190306_094114_HDR.jpg

They really named something “hypermotard”?  That’s hilarious.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Decided I definitely want another one

20180525_192854.jpg

IMG_3794.jpg

Don’t get a 2008 GTI.  It’s got problems.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

That's not a gti in the picture, the tsi's are pretty good actually. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

They really named something “hypermotard”?  That’s hilarious.

The company is Italian, they have a bunch of crazy names for the bikes.  Better than just giving it a just a model number like they did for the longest time with their superbikes.  My Ducati 749 Dark is just that, the bike's name is it's displacement and that they painted it black.

9 hours ago, Ducati888 said:

I like the looks of the 821 SP, but, since I've never experienced any of them, I can't say which is best, obviously, but thanks for the feedback :D

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

10 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

2008 GTI what?

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

2008 GTI what?

That's like saying I like my dads mk3... When talking about my dads 3rd gen forester 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

36 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

That's like saying I like my dads mk3... When talking about my dads 3rd gen forester 

Nah hes getting confused with a 2012 SE, theyre really unreliable

5 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

2008 GTI what?

Volkswagon. Golf GTI It’s the only car which is technically named only”GTI” afaik.  One could also call it the type 5 with the 2.0l turbo.  It’s specifically an issue with that year of engine.  It has problems with turbo life and it has a complicated head which can develop carbon buildup problems.  Early development high pressure turbo.  I understand the later ones are much better.  It’s the last one available in the US as a 2 door though afaik.

27 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Volkswagon. Golf GTI It’s the only car which is technically named only”GTI” afaik.  One could also call it the type 5 with the 2.0l turbo.  It’s specifically an issue with that year of engine.  It has problems with turbo life and it has a complicated head which can develop carbon buildup problems.  Early development high pressure turbo.  I understand the later ones are much better.  It’s the last one available in the US as a 2 door though afaik.

Right, but im not looking at buying a VW?

3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Right, but im not looking at buying a VW?

I'm wondering if this is the forum glitching again and he saw the wrong picture or something. Lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Mk5 not type 5 no one calls it that. All direct injection only engines have carbon buildup. IHI turbos were alright. An you can get a mk7 in a two door in the US. 

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I'm wondering if this is the forum glitching again and he saw the wrong picture or something. Lol

It was sort of a random statement.  It’s the vehicle I have experience with.  The take home I guess is it is an early small displacement high pressure turbo with a performance of 100hp/L.  A really well done one for its time, but it’s correct functioning depends on very exact tolerances, and even small issues can cause big problems.  It’s important I think to make sure that if you buy a car with an engine of that type that the bugs are worked out, find out what the long term behavior of it is, and be careful how you treat it because small things can cause big problems with those things.

It was sort of a random statement.  It’s the vehicle I have experience with.  The take home I guess is it is an early small displacement high pressure turbo with a performance of 100hp/L.  A really well done one for its time, but it’s correct functioning depends on very exact tolerances, and even small issues can cause big problems.  It’s important I think to make sure that if you buy a car with an engine of that type that the bugs are worked out, find out what the long term behavior of it is, and be careful how you treat it because small things can cause big problems with those things.

It's not a high pressure turbo stock it only makes 10-15psi. Most of the issues came from the water pump/chain tensioner.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

6 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

It's not a high pressure turbo stock it only makes 10-15psi. Most of the issues came from the water pump/chain tensioner.

So being I'm out of the loop on newer turbo cars.  What is a stock boost figure for modern engines?  I'm sure it varies by engine/brand.  Was just curious as my '87 Buick ran 14 stock and I'm currently running 16psi.