LTT Official Discord!

jakkuh_t
2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

- Thread Cleaned -

Keep comments on topic.

Toxic and augmentative replies will be removed.

Argumentative? Also props to you guys over at LTT the Discord is great

3 hours ago, aisle9 said:

What's a Discord? Isn't that a bad guy from Star Trek?

Discord is that bad guy from My Little Pony, actually.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Alright I'll post a different issue that is very on topic. My intent was never to argue, it just always gets to me when people disregard real issues and try to pass them off as "it's only me" or other nonsense. I apologize for my side of it.

BE WARY LINKING YOUR PHONE NUMBER TO DISCORD. Personal friends of mine have had a sharp increase in spam calls after doing so for other communities they are a part of. I refuse to do it personally.

@ LTT Staff - I hope you guys can look into replacing the phone number requirement with something else eventually, but I understand the need for a serious restriction on accounts joining the channel as it is a huge community.

Remember! - Discord is free, they had no income until they released Nitro, but that can't sustain them - they make money through other methods. And they have access to everything you ever say, type, or share through discord. Draw your own conclusions from that.

21 hours ago, NovaMan01 said:

Argumentative? Also props to you guys over at LTT the Discord is great

Yes. I have many more I could use as well.

synonyms: quarrelsome, disputatious, captious, contrary, cantankerous, contentious

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Yes. I many more I could use as well.

-snip-

Thems fightin' words, pardner!

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

5 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I think I just broke my Discord installation by doing this. Rip me.

Try joining the HypeSquad server - that one will bork your computer for real if you've got a slower CPU.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

6 hours ago, jakkuh_t said:

PLEASE NOTE: Your Discord account MUST have a verified phone number to chat at all, and you won't be able to chat in any channels except for the "newbie-chat" and "newbie voice" until you either link your forum account, or wait 24 hours.

So, I don't know if I cheated the system by accident or what, but..
While discord was asking to enter my phone number to verify, I went and linked my discord acc to the forum acc, and now I can chat.

So, the 'MUST' have a verified phone number to chat at all rule is not valid?

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

....isn't Discord just for chatting in games?

Now my old age is really showing :P

It was made for that, but it's used for just about anything these days. The future is now bois

9 minutes ago, LeinadTM said:

It was made for that, but it's used for just about anything these days. The future is now bois

I don't like it. You kids are ruining everything.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

7 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

It basically was an extension of Live Messenger adding features like tabbed chats, chat logging, support for custom skins,  etc. 

It basically defined my childhood. 

Oh man that sounds glorious!

Yeah, it was ICQ for me. Still have the "uh oh" sound as my notification on my phone.

Chat on that while trying to download songs on Napster with a 56k connection hoping I don't get disconnected by a phone call.

It's quite shocking how far we've come...the youth really don't know how good/horrible they have it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

This is awesome!

I'm definitely going to hang out on that discord :) 

Didn't even know LTT was planning this, but I love it!

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

awesome stuff really. but i was kinda hoping the discord channels would be organized after scheme that we have on the forum. so news, off topic, watercooling,modding,programming, you know like the subforum here are.

i assume most people would still hang out in the off-topic ore general discussion but still

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

as @hoboX10 said, I refuse to link my phone number with discord. 

However, when I try to link my forum account to discord via oauth, the entire page is just blank and unresponsive.

I'm assuming it's just an issue of load and will try again later.

This is on Edge on Windows 10 16299.64.

rip the unofficial LTT discord :(

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

5 hours ago, hoboX10 said:

BE WARY LINKING YOUR PHONE NUMBER TO DISCORD. Personal friends of mine have had a sharp increase in spam calls after doing so for other communities they are a part of. I refuse to do it personally.

If we're to believe the mods in discord subreddit, no one should be able to see phone numbers. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

If we're to believe the mods in discord subreddit, no one should be able to see phone numbers. 

It's not about users seeing phone numbers. Companies sell personal information all the time. Like I said, Discord is FREE service, and had no monetary option until Nitro released. They have to make money through other methods. There's a reason they refuse to use end to end encryption: if they did they wouldn't have access to all your chats, voice data, shared links, files, etc if they (properly) encrypted it all.

So I'm just giving everyone a reminder/warning: Be careful linking your phone number to discord. There's no telling who it gets shared with.

Edit: Secondarily, you can't take what Discord reddit mods say as word of God. Discord claims they encrypt all station data but their support has told users multiple times in emails that they store all data unencrypted for "speed and ease of access", contradicting each other.

8 minutes ago, hoboX10 said:

IEdit: Secondarily, you can't take what Discord reddit mods say as word of God. Discord claims they encrypt all station data but their support has told users multiple times in emails that they store all data unencrypted for "speed and ease of access", contradicting each other.

That's why I said should, not can't:P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I'm sorry, but what is this exactly? Is it like another community? If so, what for?

I know Discord is a chatting app, but I don't get why LMG is on it.

This is awsome!

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

14 hours ago, dizmo said:

Haha, that's still too new for me to have used. I think I used vanilla Messenger. Live came later, I've never heard of + xD

14 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

BRING BACK MSN DAMMIT. Live Messenger Plus was a godsend. 

Linus will agree with me on that.

I'd like to have AOL and Yahoo! Messenger to be great again

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

10 hours ago, hoboX10 said:

I haven't had any spam calls but since linking my number to Discord for this official LTT room I've started getting spam texts.   

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

Yeah, it was ICQ for me. Still have the "uh oh" sound as my notification on my phone.

Chat on that while trying to download songs on Napster with a 56k connection hoping I don't get disconnected by a phone call.

It's quite shocking how far we've come...the youth really don't know how good/horrible they have it.

yeah ... i dig it. used ICQ when i started getting that whole internet thing.

I was a little late to the party and only joined because my uncle handed down a 28k modem (8 bit ISA slot, dip switches for IRQ and stuff instead of PnP drivers) 

napster was already gone, but i used various other iterations of p2p software ... limewire and all the different names i can't remember ... various p2p tools and protocols shooting out of the ground like mushrooms just to die about as quick. 

interesting times... 

been using ICQ all day up 'till 2010 or so but nobody really cares about it today...