What's everyone's first Videogame?

scighera2
13 minutes ago, scighera2 said:

Mine was Wolfenstein 3D back when I was 2 years old.

First video game......I'm going to show my age.....Pong.  And I still have the system in my house.  Absolute classic.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Just now, Zusafek said:

First video game......I'm going to show my age.....Pong.  And I still have the system in my house.  Absolute classic.

I'm jealous because you got to see with your own eyes the advancement of video games from the very beginning haha :)

2 minutes ago, scighera2 said:

I'm jealous because you got to see with your own eyes the advancement of video games from the very beginning haha :)

I have pretty much all the gaming systems from the mid 70's on up to present day.  As for computers....my very first computer was my Tandy 2000.  Still have it and it still works without issue.  I even have all the games on cassettes still.  I actually had it fired up last night to play Q-Bert.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

1 minute ago, Zusafek said:

I have pretty much all the gaming systems from the mid 70's on up to present day.  As for computers....my very first computer was my Tandy 2000.  Still have it and it still works without issue.  I even have all the games on cassettes still.  I actually had it fired up last night to play Q-Bert.

My first computer (my families) was a mac from the mid 90's, I don't remember the name. But my first console was the SNES

I really don't remember what the first video game I played was. Probably something at school though.

So just to play it safe likely Oregon Trail or something like that.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Power rangers Zeo on PC or maybe Super Mario Land on the GameBoy.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It was some James Bond game (can't remember it's name) on the Spectrum +2a, and it had a light gun!!!

Don't remember which specific game was the very first, but it was on the Commodore 64 (no, I'm not that old, we just happened to have one), so probably Bubble Bobble or something like that, possibly Jeff Minter's Attack of the Mutant Camels even. It'll likely be one of those two.

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

I remember playing wolfenstein on a black and white monitor

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I also remember this crapfest 

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I think it was Prince of Persia but I was introduced to several games at the same time when I was very young, so can't really be sure. But it was definitely the one I remember the most from my early childhood.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

6 hours ago, Zusafek said:

You make me feel better about Pacman and Donkey Kong for the 2600, but only slightly

-------

Current Rig

-------

Super Mario 64. Still love that game!

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

First PC Game:MS Flight Simulator on MS DOS. 

First Console Game: Mario on the Original Game Boy. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Im really not sure, my first memories are playing paperboy and donkey Kong I think on the Atari or maybe it was nes? I was young so im not sure.

But what got me into gaming was GTA SA and Bully on PS2.

I mean I did game on like Gameboy and Dsand stuff but very very lightly. Untill ofcorse GTA. Then I went all out on Evey system I had.

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

If I don't include the games (whose names I can't even remember) that I played only once or twice on my father's old SEGA Mega Drive when I was young, my first game was probably Age of Empires I. It got me hooked on RTS games for a very long time, and even though these days, there's not much left of the RTS genre, those AoE games are still very special to me.

Well, AoE1, AoM and AoE3 are, anyway. AoE2 is an excellent game, but I'll never understand why it got this massive cult appeal that the other games never did, especially given that AoE1 was the game that took massive strides in isometric graphics and basic RTS gameplay, AoM introduced a lot of the mechanics that we now associate with RTS games, and AoE3 was the game that made it clear to the world that RTS games could be even more graphically pleasing than first- and third-person games of the time. AoE2 meanwhile had almost no innovation; almost the exact same game could have been created by simply modding AoE1... It's still a good game, but it is my least favourite in the series.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

PC Counter-Strike 1.5 / Half Life 1

Console Spyro The Dragon / Harvest Moon

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Something on the N64, Can't remember exactly what one I played first but Zelda - Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64 or Pokemon Stadium. One of those

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

On 17-9-2017 at 5:24 AM, Zusafek said:

Mine too.... can't remember which system though.,