Chopping Up a GTX Titan... AGAIN!

nicklmg

shitpost of the day

WHERE IS SCRAPYARD WARS 6

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, nicklmg said:

As Linus said on WAN show last Friday we're 6-8 weeks away from release of SYW6.

:P

:D

IK

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Lelz, here's a spoiler!

Spoiler

The Russian sucks with power tools

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I got there too early for YouTube notifications to work properly 

IMG_1755.PNG

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Some of the comments are saying he has 'bug eyes' or something

i7-12700k | MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 | 2x16GB Team Group DDR4-3200CL14 | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | EVGA FTW3 2070 SUPER | 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus | 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM | Fractal Design Meshify C

Well I could have told you that just from what I could see in testing my 1080ti overclock, even at 80% fan speed the heatsink/vapor chamber block has already reached its thermal dissipation maximum and can only hold it to 72c, cutting that heat dissipation down by removing surface area would only massively increase temperatures.

14 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

As Linus said on WAN show last Friday we're 6-8 weeks away from release of SYW6.

Kinda surprised we are getting another season so soon after the last one.

Just now, idiot42 said:

Some of the comments are saying he has 'bug eyes' or something

It's a meme based on some HP commercial.

Just now, Daniel644 said:

Kinda surprised we are getting another season so soon after the last one.

We'd love to do one every 3 months. We're finally approaching a point where that might be possible based on the staffing additions we've made this year.

Expect to see a lot more "episodic" content in the coming years :) we've got big plans.

Single slot Titan NO!

The exhaust would be a great replacement for a hair dryer though.

As I commented on the video Linus gave us a great new motto for LTT: Shockingly not shit.

Great vid btw.

-------

Current Rig

-------

How to properly make a single slot titan:

1) buy a custom copper heatsink from http://www.heatsinkusa.com/

Something like this but longer, the full length of the card:

Image result for copper heatsink long

They can make the custom holes necessary to fit components and mounting.

2) have them make the fins bent at the end, such that they produce a "tube" like structure for the air to flow straight through. This will also eliminate the need for a shroud, and will dissipate additional heat on the outside of the heatsink.

Like this:

Image result for copper heatsink covered

3) Have them mill out a circular section near the rear of the card for a low profile blower fan.

Image result for blower heat sink fan

4) lower the frequency and voltage of the titan a little to prevent throttling under load.

5) enjoy your actually working single slot card, for about the same price as all the tools used in the video. It will look way better too!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Aren't Quadro cards single slot and you could just steal the cooler off one of those from the same generation?

Funny video though, I like seeing random shit like this tried out.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

14 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Is it your job to watch every LTT video that goes online or you do it just because you like it or both?

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

"Our calipers hold a zero like a drunk hits a bullseye"

Kinda curious, what calipers are those? Those massaging-it-in problems feel like tight-fit tolerance issues where you need to offset a bit away from the actual mark (the clearance/transition/interference fitments; link for reference)

I get the measuring every nook and cranny gets really hard (I'm doing one for the inside walls and screw holes of an iPad right now) and I sometimes catch those off-by-"one" errors and going "hang on how did I get X in the first 5 measurements??"

Not to mention it could've also just been the part warped or wasn't printed 100% geometrically accurate, especially since they used ABS which is known to warp.

Side Note: At what point do you guys kill an idea? Never? The moment you decided that you were going to use a dryer vent connected to the video card, why did you decide to continue wasting time on this?

Why not name the video: "Ruining a GTX Titan and make it take up 5 times more room in your case!"

This video almost feels as bad as the "Casting your own heatsink" video. I think these videos are great ideas, but you guys only put like 30% effort into it or something and then it ends up a joke.

I don't feel tempted doing that to my TITAN :/

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

46 minutes ago, Fiat-Libertas said:

Side Note: At what point do you guys kill an idea? Never? The moment you decided that you were going to use a dryer vent connected to the video card, why did you decide to continue wasting time on this?

Well, they made the video and you watched the video right?  Then it wasn't a waste of time.  Even a failed project is worth it if the failure leads to a 10min production that *looks* already has 500 000 views

5 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

"Our calipers hold a zero like a drunk hits a bullseye"

Kinda curious, what calipers are those? Those massaging-it-in problems feel like tight-fit tolerance issues where you need to offset a bit away from the actual mark (the clearance/transition/interference fitments; link for reference)

I get the measuring every nook and cranny gets really hard (I'm doing one for the inside walls and screw holes of an iPad right now) and I sometimes catch those off-by-"one" errors and going "hang on how did I get X in the first 5 measurements??"

No these things are frigging horrible, if you move them too fast they will be out by 10mm plus, and regularly are out by a couple of mills.  Once I realized how bad it was I decided that those will probably only serve as scribes from now on, just the holes on the side of the shroud were off by something crazy like 7mm.

13 hours ago, Ezio Auditore said:

Is it your job to watch every LTT video that goes online or you do it just because you like it or both?

I'm one of the main QC people over here, so it is my job to watch most (if not all) of our videos. But I do also enjoy the content that we put out, so both.