Youtube Heroes- Youtube to give points, perks for flagging videos, subtitles, ect

Syntaxvgm

Yep, you heard it here folks. Youtube isn't just committing seppuku, they are making sure the blade is nice and sharp first. 

Here's a list of perks 

ei31Lnv.png

Ultimately, the problem in my opinion is the fact that treating flagging videos as 'heroic' and giving points for it turns mass flagging from 

wow, this video shouldn't be on youtube 

to 

I bet technically I can get points from this

Which, I would like to point out, cursing is enough to get demonetized 

And if you take a look at reddit, people will do a lot for worthless internet points 

Edit

I did my best to simulate what subtitles will look like 

cl371Gh.png

EFUSCTV.png

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Just wtf.  I hope in addition to the "heros" system there is a separate system for the villans of YouTube.  I.e., repeated false flagging will get your account restricted where you can't report people anymore temporarily with the punishment increasing for each time you get on that list.  

No wonder comments are disabled on the announcement video, it's outrageous. Just look a the ratings.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

So I can now get rewarded in my quest to destroy youtubers I don't like, golly what a wonderful idea /s

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

3 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

snip

Considering I always see errors on wikipedia notably on topics such as politics I don't find that argument very convincing, especially since if I regularly see errors how many troll changes have I missed

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

Considering I always see errors on wikipedia especially if any topic such as politics are brought up I don't find that argument very convincing, especially since if I regularly see errors how many troll changes have I missed

usually in those cases they close it down to where you need to have an account to make changes. On paper it works and in practice it works on pages with less traffic.

But youre right anything with high traffic like politics doesnt result to well. Which lends into why I dont think itll work well on YT either.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

i think the heroes system is a bad idea, since people will abuse the system and flag random videos just to get the perks from doing so. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

well i see any vid with anything that anyone doesnt like getting the snot kicked out of it by trolls . this is probably not going to end well . but you tube likes to set heaps of cash on fire then scream we keep losing money why ? why dont we make something

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

This would work in a perfect world. We are not in a perfect world. This will be abused. Ofc there will be some genuine ppl that make it their life to collect points and flag videos correctly...though with YouTube's vague, broad stroke rules, "correctly" is quite subjective...so that just adds to the "this system probably wont work well" problem. Not to mention those that will just flag anything for points. "Oh you said f*ck?" *flag* :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

The type of hero youtube expects to get:

Image result for saitama hero for fun

The kind of hero youtube actually gets:

Image result for injustice superman 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

9 minutes ago, MageTank said:

The type of hero youtube expects to get:

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for saitama hero for fun

The kind of hero youtube actually gets:

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for injustice superman 

Hey Magetank, lets create a "hero team" and call it.. "The SS"

Just now, Prysin said:

Can't help but feel that would end badly... 

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

over 10 years ago I was in a MOH AA clan called 9th SS

Can't google have a algorithm that scores users trust value to weed out trolls

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Seriously, this is a recipe for disaster.... yay, you flagged 1000 videos, what a "hero".... Some idiots will go around flagging videos just to be a bigger "hero". Dumb idea Youtube.

8 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

over 10 years ago I was in a MOH AA clan called 9th SS

Can't google have a algorithm that scores users trust value to weed out trolls

I had both breakthrough and spearhead. Those anti-gravity multiplayer servers consumed so much of my time after school, good times.

As for the trust value, it might be more complicated than that. We live in a world now where everyone is offended by everything, and a lot of it is entirely subjective. Before any of this goes into effect, there needs to be very clear rules on what people can report as offensive. Even then, what offends me might not offend you. Giving random people the power to police anything ends in disaster most of the time. With the vast majority of videos that exist, I highly doubt each claim will be manually reviewed, which leads to the potential of even more abuse than what we already see with the DMCA reports. 

Once we have a baseline set of rules preventing people from reporting things they disagree with, then we can work on a trust system to avoid repeat abuse. I honestly believe a strict system needs to be in place. Abuse this, lose your account and every video on it. Make it very clear from the start that this is not something to be toyed with, and that real consequences exist. Repeat abuse will result in total termination of the gmail account attached to it. That will impact android users as well. Though, I highly doubt they will take such an aggressive stance on this, as they let people abuse DMCA with very little consequences, which is far more important.

Hopefully a balance is found somewhere with this, or else it's going to get really bad, really quick. 

1 hour ago, MageTank said:

I had both breakthrough and spearhead. Those anti-gravity multiplayer servers consumed so much of my time after school, good times.

As for the trust value, it might be more complicated than that. We live in a world now where everyone is offended by everything, and a lot of it is entirely subjective. Before any of this goes into effect, there needs to be very clear rules on what people can report as offensive. Even then, what offends me might not offend you. Giving random people the power to police anything ends in disaster most of the time. With the vast majority of videos that exist, I highly doubt each claim will be manually reviewed, which leads to the potential of even more abuse than what we already see with the DMCA reports. 

Once we have a baseline set of rules preventing people from reporting things they disagree with, then we can work on a trust system to avoid repeat abuse. I honestly believe a strict system needs to be in place. Abuse this, lose your account and every video on it. Make it very clear from the start that this is not something to be toyed with, and that real consequences exist. Repeat abuse will result in total termination of the gmail account attached to it. That will impact android users as well. Though, I highly doubt they will take such an aggressive stance on this, as they let people abuse DMCA with very little consequences, which is far more important.

Hopefully a balance is found somewhere with this, or else it's going to get really bad, really quick. 

With the mess of different regional, political, and sociopolitical cultures out there that we currently have, even setting a baseline will be borderline impossible without relying on already established international rules for society. Even then, they risk inadvertently giving the finger to the anomalies and caveats of each rule, which results in everybody suffering from the repercussions.

Sadly, there is simply no solution for situations like this. The world is becoming too small too quickly, and nobody is willing or able to adjust accordingly.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

So who Keemstar sending people to flag others is a hero now? 

Seriously this hilariously stupid. Good riddance CSF it was a good run. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Google is funny with these kind of things or app testing, like just saw there's a new chat app for mobile from them..

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I can't see how this will backfire at all. Clearly, Google has a fool-proof plan here. Nothing they ever do backfires in any way, so why would this?

/s