This one is good for a laugh: Ubisoft "PC gamers are important to us"

Ubisoft has come out and said "PC gamers are important to us, and we’re committed to addressing their needs".

Once we stop rolling on the floor with laughter, perhaps we should remember that sales figures showed that the PC was Ubisoft's second biggest earner.
Now, this is not the first time Ubisoft has made such a statement only to release craptastic ports and accuse all PC gamers of pirating. This time however, they have joined the Open Gaming Alliance.

The cynic in me says that they've joined it only to destroy it from the inside, but as always, only time will tell.

Full quote:

"PC gamers are important to Ubisoft, and we’re committed to better understanding and addressing their needs and to continually improving our relationship with them. By joining the OGA, we’re able to glean gamer insights from their research, learn from best practices in our industry, and contribute to the group’s upcoming initiatives.”

Source (DSOG): http://www.dsogaming.com/news/ubisoft-pc-gamers-are-important-to-us-and-were-committed-to-addressing-their-needs/

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Nek Minnut" Ubisoft actually releases a decent game that performs well on PC.

But my guess is that with this statement they're moving from using shovels to dig their holes, to a dragline.

"Nek Minnut" Ubisoft actually releases a decent game that performs well on PC.

But my guess is that with this statement they're moving from using shovels to dig their holes, to a dragline.

What they probably meant to say is "We want to know how to dig bigger, better holes".

Ubisoft was dead to me after they added UPlay to From Dust at the last minute, then removed it a week later from the backlash, then readded it again months later.

-This space intentionally left blank-

April jokes are coming early this year. Or is it too late already?

Ubisoft, it's the year long April's fool joke that just keeps on giving.

Open Gaming Alliance? Ubisoft cares? It's like a joke within a joke. This is legendarily bad as far as PR stunts go.

PC Gaming money Is very important to us. That's all I got from them.

^^^What he said

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

That's as comparable as Microsoft taking PC gaming seriously. Ya ya, we'll believe it when we see it Ubisoft.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Let's get that lad who compiled all of the "PC Gamers Are Important To Us" and paste it in here, it was only for Microsoft, and would probably grow to 20 times the size with every other gaming company.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

All I heard was:

"After watching Valve rake in Billions in revenue from Steam each year, we realize that PC Gamers have money, and they are willing to fork over that money for games they they won't even play, let alone install. We would like a cut of that pie, and we would also appreciate it if pc gamers would stop buying our games off steam, and instead buy Ubisoft games from us through UPay. To show our commitment to PC gamers, we have joined some group no one has heard of before, who says that pc gamers prefer publishers who join groups. From this day forward, we promise that our games will still require Upay DRM, even if you bought the game on steam; its just the extra level of service we provide to our customers. So, next time you want to buy a game on steam, just remember that we are now part of a group, and that's a value added feature you can only get by buying directly from UPay. We care. Seriously, we really do care. We need to make money, so stop buying from steam. We are joining interesting groups, we're cool now. support us, please and merci beaucoup."

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

-well-spoken snip-

The little ending in French was a nice touch.

For my personal opinion, I'm going to give Ubisoft one...last...chance. I'm not going to buy one of their coming releases, oh no, but I'm going to keep a bit of an open mind, see what they can come up with. I want to support them, I want them to be a good company, but it's hard to do that when the keep screwing up and digging themselves into a deeper hole every press release. Still, I'm a bit of an optimist, so I'm hoping against hope they do something right this time.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

They just want a piece of that big pie.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

My hatred for Ubisoft has been ever incremental since they shut down Heroes of Might & Magic V multiplayer after 9 months, ever since then they have pulled some of the most insulting behaviour I've seen any company openly show to their own customers.

It's at the point where I shun people in real life if I know they buy Ubisoft games.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

For those who were considering AC Syndicate: Don't.

It has bugs and broken AI. I happened to catch GameSpot streaming the game on Twitch 2 days ago. I saw people talking about glitches and bugs from earlier in the stream before I got there but these were that I saw while watching (you can go to their twitch page and check the past broadcasts and confirm, the video is almost an hour and 30 mins long so I can't sit through the whole thing to give exact timers):

- Streamer pulls enemy out of window and enemy disappears into thin air

- Multiple occasions of shooting and enemy it causing the enemy to disappear into thin air

- One a train, shot a boy and the boy remained alive while clipping through the seat of the train instead of sitting on it

- Lots of clipping through walls

- AI doesn't respond to ridiculously loud noises

- AI is also apparently blind

They're refusing to change their stance on releasing AC games every year and it's resulted in 2 buggy games 2 years in a row. 3 if you count Watch Dogs.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I hope they really can, Ubisoft own some good IP and have released some good games over the years, but their attitudes have been SHITTY - Maybe one day they can stop digging and start building

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If they didn't care, you guys wouldn't have PC games at all.

They are just stupid, that's all.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

They have made some of my favorite games, and then ruined them. They force this craptastic DRM down our throats even though we buy through Steam(yes, I have given UPlay a fair chance). They have shown absolutely nothing to me worth supporting these past 3-4 years. The only game I'm interested in from them is The Division, but sadly it'll more than likely be a flop because Ubisoft doesn't understand what we PC gamers actually want, at all.

It's been a good run Ubisoft, but you're dead to me.

Yeah... Looking at Heroes VII I can safely say that they don't even know how a PC looks, let alone a PC gamer.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6