That "clock" that Mohamed Ahmed made is a 1980's Digital Alarm Clock

ChrisxIxCross

This is a list of clocks he could have "made" and been seen as a creator, part of the maker space.

Not to belittle what work he did do, but when I pull a power supply out of a TV, fix it, and put an exploded working TV on the wall in pieces I have not made a TV. I acquire parts and assemble that Nixie clock below I have MADE something. 

When I first heard about this I assumed he had done something like below, made something from disparate parts, created something that had not been there before.

Ignorant of the details and his mind I cannot discount this entirely, I applaud him for his interest and hope he continues down that road, but this was not makerspace, as its been shown to us. If he repaired a non-working clock and re-cased it that is one thing, and power to him, but it's not like the 'ibles below.

I hold no blame for him as to what happened, I merely am not super impressed by his work, I am SUPER disappointed at the teachers, administrators, and COPS involved and the extreme lack of common sense.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Huge-wood-nixie-clock/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cyberpunk-Clock/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Binary-Clock/

http://www.instructables.com/id/A-Word-Clock/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Pong-Word-Clock/

Fun fact, common sense isn't actually that common.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Did you all really believe that he built a clock an programmed it and all?

Well, its not too hard to. Building a clock is surprisingly easy, I built a timer circuit when I was 16(it wasn't a clock per say, but it still kept time and had functions).

Did you all really believe that he built a clock an programmed it and all?

Whether he did or not is the least important part of the story. It has literally no bearing on anything.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Fun fact, common sense isn't actually that common.

What if this is the first step to the "Idiocracy" digital Big Ben flashing 12:00 over and over?

I see a clock. I think you watch too many movies.

I know it doesn't actually look like a real bomb for obvious reasons, but it looks alot like a movie bomb. What I meant was that it looked like it was meant to scare ppl into thinking it was a bomb.

I don't see a clock. I see a circuit board with a display with numbers. Could be anything. Not a bomb obviously...

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

I hold no blame for him as to what happened, I merely am not super impressed by his work, I am SUPER disappointed at the teachers, administrators, and COPS involved and the extreme lack of common sense.

You lost me here. Why are you disappointed with the teachers? How else should they handle an unknown device? Take the word of the person that brings it in? Just because it has the components of a clock, does not mean something else is not hidden among it. Should the cops have taken him out in handcuffs in front of the entire school? Probably not. Still, this was handled exactly as it should have been, with extreme caution. You can try to play the "if you live in fear, the terrorists win", but i counter that with "if you remain blissfully ignorant, you are an easier target". 

The teachers did exactly what they should have done. They saw a potential threat, alerted the authorities, and let them deal with it. The authorities were excessive in their interrogation, but with all the ISIS crap going on, you have to be certain.

If you are okay with a child bringing in an unknown home-made electronic device into a school completely unprovoked, do not be the one of the people asking "what could we have done to prevent this" when something bad happens.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

You lost me here. Why are you disappointed with the teachers? How else should they handle an unknown device? Take the word of the person that brings it in? Just because it has the components of a clock, does not mean something else is not hidden among it. Should the cops have taken him out in handcuffs in front of the entire school? Probably not. Still, this was handled exactly as it should have been, with extreme caution. You can try to play the "if you live in fear, the terrorists win", but i counter that with "if you remain blissfully ignorant, you are an easier target". 

The teachers did exactly what they should have done. They saw a potential threat, alerted the authorities, and let them deal with it. The authorities were excessive in their interrogation, but with all the ISIS crap going on, you have to be certain.

If you are okay with a child bringing in an unknown home-made electronic device into a school completely unprovoked, do not be the one of the people asking "what could we have done to prevent this" when something bad happens.

Hidden where? This device is TINY, there is ONLY a couple of boards, some wires, and an LCD panel. Even the power cord cannot fit inside it with the components.

A CELL PHONE is a more complete explosive device than what he had in that pencil case.

They KNEW it wasn't a bomb, they did not evacuate, they did not call bomb squad, the cop ALREADY IN THE SCHOOL, came and saw it, kid was handcuffed, "bomb" was ignored.

I hate to break it to you but if the kid's motives had been malicious the whole school was destroyed many times over before anything became of it. This only became a thing because he showed it off and people went off the handle. Had he not how many times, and iterations, of such a device could have come and gone with nary a notice? Malevolent forces are their own concern, and this specific case showcased no protection or security.

I see a PCB, random wires, a power source, and a random clock panel.

And that makes a clock that can be operated via battery and wall. But if you think that is a bomb, then you have problems.

The context in which this device was brought to the school is one that was unprovoked. It was not an assignment. It was not asked for.

So? Schools role is beyond teaching. Their role is to encourage kids to discover and learn. I know many schools don't do this last part, and take the role of treating people as robots, cutting kids creativity, and punishing kids for doing things outside of what is being asked. But those are poor school, and they should not exists.

The purpose of school is to have professionals (or at least, that is the idea), to teach different subjects to people, learning how to think about solving problems, teach how to study, help develop memory and thinking (and later on: critical thinking, and improved research skills) basically given kids the ground work for being successful in life and be able to find and pursue their interests. A role that a parent can't do (even if money didn't exists, and people didn't have to work for a living, a parent can't be a professional in all fields to properly teach their kids)

He brought this thing, in an enclosure that resembles a suitcase, for no reason other than to show off his abilities (or so he claimed).

show off his abilities.....to his engineering class teacher.

He never left it as is in a corner or wtv in school, he always had with him, he didn't showed to his friends.

The only person that saw it was the engineering class teacher (and later the English teacher because it beeped in class, school principal, and police)

While you might see a clock, everyone else (including myself) sees a potential threat.

And this highlights a human trait that plagued human history for years: When we don't know... we are afraid.

Maybe because when I was a kid I took things apart, and later build computers, but not just put stuff together without knowing how things work. I was exploring on how things worked.. well the best of my abilities, and at my time, the internet was not what it was today for finding resources.. heck I had Encarta and that was about it.

It is not uncommon for time bombs in the real world to have some indicator of time, though i question if any of them used a digital panel. Watches and cell phones tend to be the most common, if you keep up on the news. This particular setup looks like it would come from a cliche action film, but it is still a risk i would not want some random teacher to ignore when the decision impacts the lives of hundreds of children.

If that was the case, like I said, then the school would have evacuated and the bomb squad called. Assuming you are the teacher., and for you, everything electronic is a "magic box", and you watch too many action movies, and you see this. What would reaction be? I know what it would be: It will be RUN AWAY! Evacuate the school. There is a freaking, or potentially, bomb.

Yet none of that happened. Even if the bomb failed to explode, when it ranged in class. explosives don't disarm itself.

Now, lets assume you saw this and knew it was a hoax, and hence why you didn't have the school evacuated. First, why did you think it was a hoax bomb in the first place? Racial profiling, maybe? But let's ignore that. What would happened? You would send the kid to the principal office, and the parents would have been called. That is how normally it goes. At worst... the police is called, the police investigates, parents come, and all is good (well not for the kid). But that is ALSO not what happened. He was treated as a criminal without any facts against him, or appearing in court. You can't arrest someone, as a police officer, because "you think he might do something". You need substance. Else, everyone should go in jail, because the police think you MIGHT have done something illegal. Hey, how about just arresting everyone that owns a computer, as potentially did pirating. That would be easy no?

And THAT is the problem. Racism. And that is why he got attention from the media and people.

My brother was expelled from his elementary school, because he was asked "what would you do if the Dinosaurs came back", he responded "I would get a gun and shoot them". That somehow translated to "he made threats to bring a gun to school". The only difference would be the level of media attention. If this was a different ethnicity, it would not have garnered this much attention.

See above. Your brother doesn't want to be in this school in any case, let alone every other students.

If proper actions like this takes place, it would be interesting to see some school declaring bankruptcy.

PREACH.

@HalGameGuru, it's the same point with yelling fire. An individual is presenting a problem that doesn't exist (ie. a clock that could be mistaken as a bomb) but after authorities figure out there is no fire (or in this case, there is no bomb) that doesn't mean the person yelling fire is off the hook. Were they too aggressive? Yes, but you shouldn't be bringing vague devices into a place such as a SCHOOL which can be a commonly targeted place for violence.

Hidden where? This device is TINY, there is ONLY a couple of boards, some wires, and an LCD panel. Even the power cord cannot fit inside it with the components.

A CELL PHONE is a more complete explosive device than what he had in that pencil case.

They KNEW it wasn't a bomb, they did not evacuate, they did not call bomb squad, the cop ALREADY IN THE SCHOOL, came and saw it, kid was handcuffed, "bomb" was ignored.

I hate to break it to you but if the kid's motives had been malicious the whole school was destroyed many times over before anything became of it. This only became a thing because he showed it off and people went off the handle. Had he not how many times, and iterations, of such a device could have come and gone with nary a notice? Malevolent forces are their own concern, and this specific case showcased no protection or security.

I do not know what you consider tiny, but that pencil case was not "tiny" by any standard definition. http://www.amazon.com/Vaultz-Locking-Pencil-Inches-VZ01479/dp/B001BXZ28K

8.25 x 5.5 x 2.5 =113 cubic inches, or 1.85 Liters. I can fit a fully operational computer in an enclosure this small. As for the "they knew it wasn't a bomb" statement, i would have to say they didn't know what it was. If they knew it was a clock, they wouldn't have called the cops. To them it was unknown. Granted, the various reports i've heard mentioned the bomb squad showing up, but apparently they were not notified according to the recent research i just did. To that, i would agree, it was a dumb thing to do. They should have evacuated the building if they saw it as a threat. By not doing so, they void the right to claim they felt threatened.

As for the last part, about "if his intent was malicious, it would have been bad", plenty of potential criminals are dumb. Plenty of kids make threats to shoot their classmates, and even show off the guns they intend to do it with. We see it in the news all the time. Though, i will agree with this too. If the kid was going to do something bad, he probably would have done so without showing his engineering teacher. That just goes without saying.

And that makes a clock that can be operated via battery and wall. But if you think that is a bomb, then you have problems.

Where exactly did i say i saw a bomb? I told you what i saw, but what i saw could be anything. Random PCB, wires, and panel could be anything. People have modded clocks to play Centipede on them. If you would spend more time reading my previous posts, you would know exactly where i stand on this situation. I am only defending the idea that someone not quite educated in the workings of electronics might be afraid of something they do not understand, something you yourself pointed out. If someone can see a random laptop left at a church as a bomb (Here in Columbus Ohio, they recently detonated a laptop because it was suspicious) then i can easily see how random circuitry can be confused as something potentially dangerous. Keyword being "potentially". 

So? Schools role is beyond teaching. Their role is to encourage kids to discover and learn. I know many schools don't do this last part, and take the role of treating people as robots, cutting kids creativity, and punishing kids for doing things outside of what is being asked. But those are poor school, and they should not exists.

You answer my "it was unprovoked" claim by saying "so?" followed by a bunch of philosophical nonsense? Until college/university, the schools job is to ensure children learn the concept of learning, followed by basic knowledge required to operate in the real world. They teach you how to retain knowledge, then teach you what may or may not help you out later in life. Reading, Writing, Math, Science, History, etc. Kids are not treated like robots. They are taught using a broad way of teaching the most students. Sure, those that require special attention tend to fall behind in this environment, but they make special classes/schools for those children. Some people require extra assistance, so Tutors exist. Then there is this great invention called The Internet, which answers all questions when the previous means of gaining knowledge have failed. As for the "they are cutting kids creativity" part, how? By not letting them bring their self imposed projects into school, they are somehow stifling their potential to create? I have been building PC's since i was 10 years old, i highly doubt i would be allowed to bring my rigs into a school. Hell, i probably wouldn't be allowed to bring it into many public buildings. If i could, it would probably still be frowned upon. 

show off his abilities.....to his engineering class teacher.

He never left it as is in a corner or wtv in school, he always had with him, he didn't showed to his friends.

The only person that saw it was the engineering class teacher (and later the English teacher because it beeped in class, school principal, and police)

Great. We both agreed he brought it in to show off. We have proven that you and I possess the ability to read. 

And this highlights a human trait that plagued human history for years: When we don't know... we are afraid.

Maybe because when I was a kid I took things apart, and later build computers, but not just put stuff together without knowing how things work. I was exploring on how things worked.. well the best of my abilities, and at my time, the internet was not what it was today for finding resources.. heck I had Encarta and that was about it.

A truer statement has never been spoken. Humans naturally fear what they do not understand. We always will. This is why the concept of death strikes fear into people, because it is the final unknown. The threat i saw was not that of a bomb. I was more worried about the fact that a child was playing around with AC power. However, people perceive things differently. 

If that was the case, like I said, then the school would have evacuated and the bomb squad called. Assuming you are the teacher., and for you, everything electronic is a "magic box", and you watch too many action movies, and you see this. What would reaction be? I know what it would be: It will be RUN AWAY! Evacuate the school. There is a freaking, or potentially, bomb.

Yet none of that happened. Even if the bomb failed to explode, when it ranged in class. explosives don't disarm itself.

Now, lets assume you saw this and knew it was a hoax, and hence why you didn't have the school evacuated. First, why did you think it was a hoax bomb in the first place? Racial profiling, maybe? But let's ignore that. What would happened? You would send the kid to the principal office, and the parents would have been called. That is how normally it goes. At worst... the police is called, the police investigates, parents come, and all is good (well not for the kid). But that is ALSO not what happened. He was treated as a criminal without any facts against him, or appearing in court. You can't arrest someone, as a police officer, because "you think he might do something". You need substance. Else, everyone should go in jail, because the police think you MIGHT have done something illegal. Hey, how about just arresting everyone that owns a computer, as potentially did pirating. That would be easy no?

And THAT is the problem. Racism. And that is why he got attention from the media and people.

I agree about the evacuation part. The fact that it was not evacuated disturbs me. Problem is, different media sources ran different stories. When i first heard this story, the bomb squad was called, the child was arrested by several officers immediately upon learning of the "threat", and questioned at a juvenile center. Then you get six other stories, varying in details. 

Your reaction as the teacher would be exactly the same reaction i would have as a teacher. Step 1 is safety, always. Placing the lives of hundreds of children on what could be an assumption would be stupid. I would rather be safe than sorry. 

As for this part: 

This is where it gets tricky. Assuming i knew it was a hoax, i would have to have evidence to know it was a hoax. His race would have no bearing on why it is a hoax. Anyone of any ethnicity could pretend to have a bomb. Him being Arabic has nothing to do with the potential that it could have been a bomb, or something designed to look like a bomb. What would be more likely, is that the teacher contacted the officer that was already in the school, and told him of the device, without knowing what it was, or what its intent was. This is known as ignorance. We cannot assume the teacher knew what it was, or that he/she considered it a hoax bomb at that time, unless you can point me to a source that claims they thought it was a hoax (Again, too many different stories for me to find this piece of information myself). 

If i were a Principal, and a student brought this device in, and my psychic teacher determined it was not a bomb, but a hoax, i would still call the police/bomb squad. Not to get the kid in criminal trouble, but to be absolutely certain that it did not pose a threat. I would also evacuate the school still, even if said psychic teacher told me it was okay. Again, better safe than sorry. If it was determined to be safe, then that would be that. I still think the cops would have been called, regardless of the race. Here in the US, dumber things have happened. Have we forgotten the kid that was suspended for eating a pop tart, and shaping it like a gun? Is it right? No. But it only serves to prove that race isn't the determining factor in this. Schools are paranoid over any and all things. Given our history with school shootings, i honestly cannot blame them for being paranoid. Would i suspend a child over a drawing, or pop tart? No. Can't speak for others though.

See above. Your brother doesn't want to be in this school in any case, let alone every other students.

If proper actions like this takes place, it would be interesting to see some school declaring bankruptcy. 

This was back in 1998. I was probably 5 years old at the time, and yes, we immediately transferred schools afterwards. The teachers self diagnosed my brother with ADHD, and tried to tell my mom to put him on Ritalin, and that was the straw that broke the camels back.

I've been writing this wall of text for over what feels like an eternity, so i will try to sum this up as quickly as i can.

TL:DR? School simultaneously over and under reacts to a potential threat, then situation gets escalated by race. I support the decision for being cautious, but deplore the lack of additional concern, and the way the media has covered this case. In this situation, treat safety as #1 priority, and let professionals determine what is a hoax or not. Don't bring your home projects to school without discussing it with multiple teachers and even the principle, and most certainly do not let it be an interruption in class. This is how i lost a Holographic Charizard forever. If you've made it this far, congratulations, you've beaten the game.

-snip-

Compared to the "briefcase" they claimed it was? Yeah, tiny. And once again, there was no room for anything else to be hiding. Look at the pictures. It's empty aside from the circuits, there is no space for false or hidden compartments, where is the explosive component of this "bomb"

"dumb" criminals is no defense, if there HAD been a bomb this over reaction would have done nothing. A botched handling is not an argument FOR protection from bombs, if it had been handled LIKE IT WAS A BOMB, this would be an argument for protection. They did not, the whole ordeal is no example of protective operations. Evacuating the school, calling in bomb squad, NOTIFYING PARENTS, all applicable responses to a bomb, applicable arguments for "we were protecting our students," what happened was not that.

I'm not sure what schools you have gone to but American public schools haven't been about teaching skills or critical thinking for decades.

This entire debacle is one of almost EVERY SINGLE person involved either failing at their responsibilities, making/taking improper choices/actions, or miscommunicating, and that includes the student in the first place.

This whole thing feels dirty and of a sham. None of the headlines, or initial stories, do any justice to us or those involved. In the end I feel it was as much, if not more, an exercise in press and politics having a field day at our expense as it was anything having to do with a student, a school, or the tech savvy maker-space

I still don't think he intended to cause alarm, and I guess I was one of the few that thought he had actually made the clock? 

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I still don't think he intended to cause alarm, and I guess I was one of the few that thought he had actually made the clock?

But if that was the case, why didn't he showed it to his friends. "Hey guys! Look what I have...a bomb! I am cool!". Kids do this.. I mean the showing off part, not bomb part (obviously). See, if it was another kid in school reported it, than the whole story would be different. His teacher that he wanted to show off saw it already, and he/she didn't raise an alarm. It was when it beeped in another class (English), that all the story starts.

YES!!! THANK YOU!!! FINALLY!!! 

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

But if that was the case, why didn't he showed it to his friends. "Hey guys! Look what I have...a bomb! I am cool!". Kids do this.. I mean the showing off part, not bomb part.

See, if it was another kid in school reported it, than the whole story would be different. His teacher he wanted to show off, saw it already, didn't raise an alarm. It was when it beeped in another class (English), that all the story starts.

Excuse me for my confusion please, but if what was the case? I just thought he actually built it. Far less impressive to take apart a clock and change its casing—to me, at least.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Compared to the "briefcase" they claimed it was? Yeah, tiny. And once again, there was no room for anything else to be hiding. Look at the pictures. It's empty aside from the circuits, there is no space for false or hidden compartments, where is the explosive component of this "bomb"

"dumb" criminals is no defense, if there HAD been a bomb this over reaction would have done nothing. A botched handling is not an argument FOR protection from bombs, if it had been handled LIKE IT WAS A BOMB, this would be an argument for protection. They did not, the whole ordeal is no example of protective operations. Evacuating the school, calling in bomb squad, NOTIFYING PARENTS, all applicable responses to a bomb, applicable arguments for "we were protecting our students," what happened was not that.

I'm not sure what schools you have gone to but American public schools haven't been about teaching skills or critical thinking for decades.

This entire debacle is one of almost EVERY SINGLE person involved either failing at their responsibilities, making/taking improper choices/actions, or miscommunicating, and that includes the student in the first place.

This whole thing feels dirty and of a sham. None of the headlines, or initial stories, do any justice to us or those involved. In the end I feel it was as much, if not more, an exercise in press and politics having a field day at our expense as it was anything having to do with a student, a school, or the tech savvy maker-space

Columbus Public School Systems, and i never said they taught skills. In elementary school, they teach you 3 methods of retaining knowledge. Visual stimulation (picture books, writing on the chalk board, etc), Auditory stimulation (hearing things, such as books being read to you), and Kinesthetic stimulation (Hands on learning, using building blocks or physical activities). None of these are technical skills per say, but they are a means taught to children in order to better help them digest and retain knowledge. You cannot tell me you were not read stories in school, played with building blocks, or watched an educational video before. They use these 3 methods because most people tend to find that one of these 3 methods work the best for them. I learned through school that i am a hands on learner. I retain knowledge the best when i physically touch things, because that sense of touch can be easily recalled in my mind, therefore, i remember it longer. In the end, they made us use tablets to read, and the lack of texture stimulation made most of high school a big blur to me.

I graduated high school in 2012, so i disagree with your perception of the US public school system. This may vary per area, but i can tell you my personal experience was exactly as i described it. If you want to learn a refined craft, you go to a trade school, or university with that specific skill or major in mind. Never was the intent of general public schools to be all encompassing education. It was meant to instill common knowledge into the populous for everyone to have a general understanding of the things used in the world to help us be somewhat productive. Math directly helps people count money, and to know what wages they earn, and also what to pay others when using said wages. Reading directly helps people navigate the streets, but also helps them understand the rules and laws of society. The average person does not need an engineering degree, or A+ Certification to live a successful life.

That being said, i agree with you. Now that i understand why you were disappointed, i 100% agree. If they thought it was a bomb (hoax or not) they should have treated it as such until a professional dealt with it. Children should have been evacuated, parents should have been notified, bomb squad should have been called, etc. The fact that none of this happened means they did not feel threatened. This is where we have a problem. I doubt we will ever get a real answer as to why the authorities were notified without precautions being taken, or why he was arrested without the more pressing matter being handled first. My only point is, his race isn't the sole reason for his arrest. I still believe anyone, any race, would have been arrested had they brought the same device in, because our schools are just paranoid like that. We have plenty of cases to support that claim too. Kid was expelled for putting Pixie Sticks into a bag, and pretending they were drugs. Kid was expelled for drawing a nerf gun in school. Kid was suspended for eating his pop tart in the shape of a gun, and my brother was suspended for threatening to shoot extinct Dinosaurs (This was back in 1998, long before most of these recent shootings). 

We all seem to come to the same agreement on the media playing his race as the #1 factor. We see politicians and CEO's of several companies and institutions cashing in on this story, and we all hate it. Now that we've reached that agreement, it is settled. Sorry for questioning your disgust with the teachers, i was just not aware of their lack of precautions beforehand. When i am wrong, i am wrong.

Excuse me for my confusion please, but if what was the case? I just thought he actually built it. Far less impressive to take apart a clock and change its casing—to me, at least.

Based on the information I have seen about him, and pictures of the clock he made, it looks like he fixed a broken clock, rather than make one. He is using the term "make" loosely, much like he uses the term "invent" loosely as well. He is 14 years old, so I am cutting him some slack. I am sure when he will be 18, or even 16, he will be like "wow.. that was silly of me"

Because he disassembled a clock, and put it in a case, that now means it was all done by the parents to provoke a media response? 

K then

Yeah I know it is crazy what people will do for attention or what the media thinks. This story though is a big piece of attention as the kid probably wanted attention at school but the parents pushed it to get a wider audience 

ƆԀ S₱▓Ɇ▓cs: i7 6ʇɥפᴉƎ00K (4.4ghz), Asus DeLuxe X99A II, GT҉X҉1҉0҉8҉0 Zotac Amp ExTrꍟꎭe),Si6F4Gb D???????r PlatinUm, EVGA G2 Sǝʌǝᘉ5ᙣᙍᖇᓎᙎᗅᖶt, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, 3TB WD Black, 500gb 850 Evo, H100iGeeTeeX, Windows 10, K70 R̸̢̡̭͍͕̱̭̟̩̀̀̃́̃͒̈́̈́͑̑́̆͘͜ͅG̶̦̬͊́B̸͈̝̖͗̈́, G502, HyperX Cloud 2s, Asus MX34. פN∩SW∀S 960 EVO

Just keeping this here as a backup 9̵̨̢̨̧̧̡̧̡̧̡̧̡̡̢̢̡̢̧̡̢̡̡̢̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̱̖͈̠̝̯̹͉̝̞̩̠̹̺̰̺̲̳͈̞̻̜̫̹̱̗̣͙̻̘͎̲̝͙͍͔̯̲̟̞͚̖̘͉̭̰̣͎͕̼̼̜̼͕͎̣͇͓͓͎̼̺̯͈̤̝͖̩̭͍̣̱̞̬̺̯̼̤̲͎̖̠̟͍̘̭͔̟̗̙̗̗̤̦͍̫̬͔̦̳̗̳͔̞̼̝͍̝͈̻͇̭̠͈̳͍̫̮̥̭͍͔͈̠̹̼̬̰͈̤͚̖̯͍͉͖̥̹̺͕̲̥̤̺̹̹̪̺̺̭͕͓̟̳̹͍̖͎̣̫͓͍͈͕̳̹̙̰͉͙̝̜̠̥̝̲̮̬͕̰̹̳͕̰̲̣̯̫̮͙̹̮͙̮̝̣͇̺̺͇̺̺͈̳̜̣̙̻̣̜̻̦͚̹̩͓͚̖͍̥̟͍͎̦͙̫̜͔̭̥͈̬̝̺̩͙͙͉̻̰̬̗̣͖̦͎̥̜̬̹͓͈͙̤̜̗͔̩̖̳̫̑̀̂̽̈́̈́̿͒̿̋̊͌̾̄̄̒̌͐̽̿̊͑̑̆͗̈̎̄͒̑̋͛̑͑̂͑̀͐̀͑̓͊̇͆̿͑͛͛͆́͆̓̿̇̀̓͑͆͂̓̾̏͊̀̇̍̃́̒̎̀̒̄̓̒̐̑̊̏̌̽̓͂͋̓̐̓͊̌͋̀̐̇̌̓̔͊̈̇́̏͒̋͊̓̆̋̈̀̌̔͆͑̈̐̈̍̀̉̋̈́͊̽͂̿͌͊̆̾̉͐̿̓̄̾͑̈́͗͗̂̂́̇͂̀̈́́̽̈́̓̓͂̽̓̀̄͌̐̔̄̄͒͌̈́̅̉͊̂͒̀̈́̌͂̽̀̑̏̽̀͑̐̐͋̀̀͋̓̅͋͗̍́͗̈́̆̏̇͊̌̏̔̑̐̈́͑̎͑͆̏̎́̑̍̏̒̌̊͘͘̚̕̚̕̕̚̕̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅ8̵̨̛̛̛̛̮͍͕̥͉̦̥̱̞̜̫̘̤̖̬͍͇͓̜̻̪̤̣̣̹̑͑̏̈́̐̐́̎͒̔͒̌̑̓̆̓͑̉̈́́͋̌͋͐͛͋̃̍̽̊͗͋͊̂̅͊͑́͋͛̉̏̓͌̾̈́̀͛͊̾͑̌̀̀̌̓̏̑́̄̉̌͂́͛̋͊̄͐͊̈́̀̌̆̎̿̓̔̍̎̀̍̚̕̕͘͘͘̕̚͝͝͠͠͠0̶̡̡̡̢̨̨͕̠̠͉̺̻̯̱̘͇̥͎͖̯͕̖̬̭͔̪̪͎̺̠̤̬̬̤̣̭̣͍̥̱̘̳̣̤͚̭̥͚̦͙̱̦͕̼͖͙͕͇̭͓͉͎̹̣̣͕̜͍͖̳̭͕̼̳̖̩͍͔̱̙̠̝̺̰̦̱̿̄̀͐͜͜ͅͅt̶̡̨̡̨̧̢̧̢̨̧̧̧̧̢̡̨̨̢̨̢̧̢̛̛̛̛̛̠͍̞̮͇̪͉̩̗̗͖̫͉͎͓̮̣̘̫͔̘̬̮̙̯̣͕͓̲̣͓͓̣̹̟͈̱͚̘̼̙̖̖̼̙̜̝͙̣̠̪̲̞̖̠̯̖̠̜̱͉̲̺͙̤̻̦̜͎̙̳̺̭̪̱͓̦̹̺͙̫̖̖̰̣͈͍̜̺̘͕̬̥͇̗̖̺̣̲̫̟̣̜̭̟̱̳̳̖͖͇̹̯̜̹͙̻̥̙͉͕̜͎͕̦͕̱͖͉̜̹̱̦͔͎̲̦͔̖̘̫̻̹̮̗̮̜̰͇̰͔̱͙̞̠͍͉͕̳͍̰̠̗̠̯̜̩͓̭̺̦̲̲͖̯̩̲̣̠͉̦̬͓̠̜̲͍̘͇̳̳͔̼̣͚̙͙͚͕̙̘̣̠͍̟̪̝̲͇͚̦̖͕̰̟̪͖̳̲͉͙̰̭̼̩̟̝̣̝̬̳͎̙̱͒̃̈͊̔͒͗̐̄̌͐͆̍͂̃̈́̾͗̅̐͒̓̆͛̂̾͋̍͂̂̄̇̿̈͌̅̈́̃̾̔̇̇̾̀͊͋̋̌̄͌͆͆̎̓̈́̾̊͊̇̌̔̈́̈́̀̐͊̊̍͑̊̈̓͑̀́̅̀̑̈́̽̃̽͛̇́̐̓̀͆̔̈̀̍̏̆̓̆͒̋́̋̍́̂̉͛̓̓̂̋̎́̒̏̈͋̃̽͆̓̀̔͑̈́̓͌͑̅̽́̐̍̉̑̓̈́͌̋̈́͂̊́͆͂̇̈́̔̃͌̅̈́͌͛̑̐̓̔̈́̀͊͛̐̾͐̔̾̈̃̈̄͑̓̋̇̉̉̚̕̚͘̕̚̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͠ͅͅͅͅͅi̵̢̧̢̧̡̧̢̢̧̢̢̢̡̡̡̧̧̡̡̧̛̛͈̺̲̫͕̞͓̥̖̭̜̫͉̻̗̭̖͔̮̠͇̩̹̱͈̗̭͈̤̠̮͙͇̲͙̰̳̹̲͙̜̟͚͎͓̦̫͚̻̟̰̣̲̺̦̫͓̖̯̝̬͉̯͓͈̫̭̜̱̞̹̪͔̤̜͙͓̗̗̻̟͎͇̺̘̯̲̝̫͚̰̹̫̗̳̣͙̮̱̲͕̺̠͉̫̖̟͖̦͉̟͈̭̣̹̱̖̗̺̘̦̠̯̲͔̘̱̣͙̩̻̰̠͓͙̰̺̠̖̟̗̖͉̞̣̥̝̤̫̫̜͕̻͉̺͚̣̝̥͇̭͎̖̦̙̲͈̲̠̹̼͎͕̩͓̖̥̘̱̜͙̹̝͔̭̣̮̗̞̩̣̬̯̜̻̯̩̮̩̹̻̯̬̖͂̈͂̒̇͗͑̐̌̎̑̽̑̈̈́͑̽́̊͋̿͊͋̅̐̈́͑̇̿̈́̌͌̊̅͂̎͆̏̓͂̈̿̏̃͑̏̓͆̔̋̎̕͘͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅZ̴̧̢̨̢̧̢̢̡̧̢̢̢̨̨̨̡̨̧̢̧̛̛̬̖͈̮̝̭̖͖̗̹̣̼̼̘̘̫̠̭̞͙͔͙̜̠̗̪̠̼̫̻͓̳̟̲̳̻̙̼͇̺͎̘̹̼͔̺̹̬̯̤̮̟͈̭̻͚̣̲͔͙̥͕̣̻̰͈̼̱̺̤̤͉̙̦̩̗͎̞͓̭̞̗͉̳̭̭̺̹̹̮͕̘̪̞̱̥͈̹̳͇̟̹̱̙͚̯̮̳̤͍̪̞̦̳̦͍̲̥̳͇̪̬̰̠͙͕̖̝̫̩̯̱̘͓͎̪͈̤̜͎̱̹̹̱̲̻͎̖̳͚̭̪̦̗̬͍̯̘̣̩̬͖̝̹̣̗̭͖̜͕̼̼̲̭͕͔̩͓̞̝͓͍̗̙̯͔̯̞̝̳̜̜͉̖̩͇̩̘̪̥̱͓̭͎͖̱̙̩̜͎̙͉̟͎͔̝̥͕͍͓̹̮̦̫͚̠̯͓̱͖͔͓̤͉̠͙̋͐̀͌̈́͆̾͆̑̔͂͒̀̊̀͋͑̂͊̅͐̿́̈́̐̀̏̋̃̄͆͒̈́̿̎́́̈̀̀͌̔͋͊̊̉̿͗͊͑̔͐̇͆͛̂̐͊̉̄̈́̄̐͂͂͒͑͗̓͑̓̾̑͋̒͐͑̾͂̎̋̃̽̂̅̇̿̍̈́́̄̍͂͑̏̐̾̎̆̉̾͂̽̈̆̔́͋͗̓̑̕͘̕͘͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͠͝ͅo̶̪͆́̀͂̂́̄̅͂̿͛̈́̿͊͗́͘͝t̴̡̨̧̨̧̡̧̨̡̢̧̢̡̨̛̪͈̣̭̺̱̪̹̺̣̬̖̣̻͈̞̙͇̩̻̫͈̝̭̟͎̻̟̻̝̱͔̝̼͍̞̼̣̘̤̯͓͉̖̠̤͔̜̙͚͓̻͓̬͓̻̜̯̱̖̳̱̗̠̝̥̩͓̗̪̙͓̖̠͎̗͎̱̮̯̮͙̩̫̹̹̖͙̙͖̻͈̙̻͇͔̙̣̱͔̜̣̭̱͈͕̠̹͙̹͇̻̼͎͍̥̘͙̘̤̜͎̟͖̹̦̺̤͍̣̼̻̱̲͎̗̹͉͙̪̞̻̹͚̰̻͈͈͊̈́̽̀̎̃̊́̈́̏̃̍̉̇̑̂̇̏̀͊̑̓͛̽͋̈́͆́̊͊̍͌̈́̓͊̌̿̂̾̐͑̓̀́͒̃̋̓͆̇̀͊̆͗̂͑͐̀͗̅̆͘̕͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅḁ̶̢̡̨̧̡̡̨̨̧̨̡̡̢̧̨̡̡̛̛̛͍̱̳͚͕̩͍̺̪̻̫̙͈̬͙̖͙̬͍̬̟̣̝̲̼̜̼̺͎̥̮̝͙̪̘̙̻͖͇͚͙̣̬̖̲̲̥̯̦̗̰̙̗̪̞̗̩̻̪̤̣̜̳̩̦̻͓̞̙͍͙̫̩̹̥͚̻̦̗̰̲̙̫̬̱̺̞̟̻͓̞͚̦̘̝̤͎̤̜̜̥̗̱͈̣̻̰̮̼̙͚͚̠͚̲̤͔̰̭̙̳͍̭͎̙͚͍̟̺͎̝͓̹̰̟͈͈̖̺͙̩̯͔̙̭̟̞̟̼̮̦̜̳͕̞̼͈̜͍̮͕̜͚̝̦̞̥̜̥̗̠̦͇͖̳͈̜̮̣͚̲̟͙̎̈́́͊̔̑̽̅͐͐͆̀͐́̓̅̈͑͑̍̿̏́͆͌̋̌̃̒̽̀̋̀̃̏̌́͂̿̃̎̐͊̒̀̊̅͒̎͆̿̈́̑̐̒̀̈́̓̾͋͆̇̋͒̎̈̄̓̂͊̆͂̈́̒̎͐̇̍̆̋̅̿̔͒̄̇̂̋̈́͆̎̔̇͊̊̈́̔̏͋́̀͂̈́̊͋͂̍̾̓͛̇̔̚͘̚̕̚͘͘̕̕̕̚͘͘̚̕̚̕͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅç̵̧̢̨̢̢̢̧̧̡̨̡̢̧̧̧̨̡̡̨̨̢̢̢̧̨̢̨̢̛̛͉̗̠͇̹̖̝͕͚͎̟̻͓̳̰̻̺̞̣͚̤͙͍͇̗̼͖͔͕͙͖̺͙̖̹̘̘̺͓̜͍̣̰̗̖̺̗̪̘̯̘͚̲͚̲̬̞̹̹͕̭͔̳̘̝̬͉̗̪͉͕̞̫͔̭̭̜͉͔̬̫͙̖̙͚͔͙͚͍̲̘͚̪̗̞̣̞̲͎͔͖̺͍͎̝͎͍̣͍̩̟͈͕̗͉̪̯͉͎͖͍̖͎̖̯̲̘̦̟̭͍͚͓͈͙̬͖̘̱̝̜̘̹̩̝̥̜͎̬͓̬͙͍͇͚̟̫͇̬̲̥̘̞̘̟̘̝̫͈̙̻͇͎̣̪̪̠̲͓͉͙͚̭̪͇̯̠̯̠͖̞̜͓̲͎͇̼̱̦͍͉͈͕͉̗̟̖̗̱̭͚͎̘͓̬͍̱͍̖̯̜̗̹̰̲̩̪͍̞̜̫̩̠͔̻̫͍͇͕̰̰̘͚͈̠̻̮͊̐̿̏̐̀̇̑̐̈͛͑͑̍̑̔̃̈́̓̈́̇̐͑̐̊̆͂̀̏͛̊̔̍̽͗͋̊̍̓̈́̏̅͌̀̽́̑͒͒̓͗̈́̎͌͂̕̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅS̵̡̡̧̧̨̨̡̢̡̡̡̡̧̧̡̧̢̫̯͔̼̲͉͙̱̮̭̗͖̯̤͙̜͚̰̮̝͚̥̜̞̠̤̺̝͇̻̱͙̩̲̺͍̳̤̺̖̝̳̪̻̗̮̪̖̺̹̭͍͇̗̝̱̻̳̝̖̝͎̙͉̞̱̯̙̜͇̯̻̞̱̭̗͉̰̮̞͍̫̺͙͎̙̞̯̟͓͉̹̲͖͎̼̫̩̱͇̲͓̪͉̺̞̻͎̤̥̭̺̘̻̥͇̤̖̰̘̭̳̫̙̤̻͇̪̦̭̱͎̥̟͖͕̣̤̩̟̲̭̹̦̹̣͖̖͒̈́̈́̓͗̈̄͂̈́̅̐̐̿̎̂͗̎̿̕͘͜͜͜͜͝͝ͅͅt̸̡̡̧̧̨̡̢̛̥̥̭͍̗͈̩͕͔͔̞̟͍̭͇̙̺̤͚͎͈͎͕̱͈̦͍͔͓̬͚̗̰̦͓̭̰̭̎̀̂̈́̓̒̈́̈́̂̄̋́̇̂͐͒̋̋̉͐̉̏̇͋̓̈́͐̾͋̒͒͐̊̊̀̄͆̄͆̑͆̇̊̓̚̚̕̚̕͜͠͝͝ͅͅơ̵̡̨̡̡̡̨̛̺͕̼͔̼̪̳͖͓̠̘̘̳̼͚͙͙͚̰͚͚͖̥̦̥̘̖̜̰͔̠͕̦͎̞̮͚͕͍̤̠̦͍̥̝̰̖̳̫̮̪͇̤̱̜͙͔̯͙̙̼͇̹̥̜͈̲̺̝̻̮̬̼̫̞̗̣̪̱͓̺̜̠͇͚͓̳̹̥̳̠͍̫͈̟͈̘̯̬̞͔̝͍͍̥̒̐͗͒͂͆̑̀̿̏́̀͑͗̐́̀̾̓́̌̇̒̈́̌̓͐̃̈́̒̂̀̾͂̊̀̂͐̃̄̓̔̽̒̈́̇̓͌̇̂̆̒̏̊̋͊͛͌̊̇̒̅͌̄̎̔̈́͊́̽̋̈̇̈́́͊̅͂̎̃͌͊͛͂̄̽̈́̿͐̉̽̿́́̉͆̈́̒́̂̾̄̇̌̒̈̅̍̿̐͑̓͊̈́̈̋̈́̉̍̋̊̈̀̈́̾̿̌̀̈́͌̑̍́̋̒̀̂̈́́̾̏̐̅̈̑͗͐̈͂̄̾̄̈́̍̉͑͛͗͋̈́̃̄̊́́͐̀̀̽̇̓̄̓̃͋͋̂̽̔̀̎͌̈́̈́̑̓̔̀̓͐͛͆̿̋͑͛̈́͂̅̋̅͆͗̇́̀̒́̏͒̐̍͂̓͐͐̇̂̉̑̊͑̉̋̍͊̄̀͂̎͒̔͊̃̏̕̚̕̕͘͘͘̚͘̚͘̕͘̚͘̚̚̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅc̴̨̡̢̢̢̡̡̢̛̛̛̻͇̝̣͉͚͎͕̻̦͖̤̖͇̪̩̤̻̭̮̙̰̖̰̳̪̱̹̳̬͖̣͙̼̙̰̻̘͇͚̺̗̩̫̞̳̼̤͔͍͉̟͕̯̺͈̤̰̹̍̋́͆̾̆̊͆͋̀͑͒̄̿̄̀̂͋̊͆́͑̑̽͊̓́̔̽̌͊̄͑͒͐̑͗̿̃̀̓̅́̿͗̈́͌̋̀̏̂͌̓́̇̀͒͋̌̌̅͋͌̆͐̀̔̒͐̊̇̿̽̀̈́̃̒̋̀̈́̃̏̂̊͗̑̊̈̇̀̌͐̈́̉̂̏͊̄͐̈̽͒̏̒̓́̌̓̅́̓̃͐͊͒̄͑̒͌̍̈́̕͘̚͘̕͘̚̕͜͝͠͝͝͝ͅǩ̴̢̢̢̧̨̢̢̢̨̨̨̢̢̢̨̧̨̡̡̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̜̥̩̙͕̮̪̻͈̘̯̼̰̜͚̰͖̬̳͖̣̭̼͔̲͉̭̺͚̺̟͉̝̱̲͎͉̙̥̤͚͙̬̪̜̺͙͍̱̞̭̬̩̖̤̹̤̺̦͈̰̗̰͍͇̱̤̬̬͙̙̲̙̜͖͓̙̟̙̯̪͍̺̥͔͕̝̳̹̻͇̠̣͈̰̦͓͕̩͇͈͇̖͙͍̰̲̤̞͎̟̝̝͈͖͔͖̦̮̗̬̞̞̜̬̠̹̣̣̲̮̞̤̜̤̲̙͔͕̯͔͍̤͕̣͔͙̪̫̝̣̰̬̬̭̞͔̦̟̥̣̻͉͈̮̥̦̮̦͕̤͇̺͆͆̈͗̄̀̌̔̈́̈̉̾̊̐̆̂͛̀̋́̏̀̿͒̓̈́̈́͂̽̾͗͊̋̐̓̓̀̃̊̊͑̓̈̎̇͑̆̂̉̾̾̑͊̉̃́̑͌̀̌̐̅̃̿̆̎̈́̀̒́͛̓̀̊́̋͛͒͊̆̀̃̊͋̋̾̇̒̋͂̏͗͆̂̔́̐̀́͗̅̈̋̂̎̒͊̌̉̈̈́͌̈́̔̾̊̎́͐͒̋̽̽́̾̿̚̕͘͘̚̕̕̕̚̚̕̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅB̸̢̧̨̡̢̧̨̡̡̨̡̨̡̡̡̢̨̢̨̛̛̛̛̛̛͉̞͚̰̭̲͈͎͕͈̦͍͈̮̪̤̻̻͉̫̱͔̞̫̦̰͈̗̯̜̩̪̲̻̖̳͖̦͎͔̮̺̬̬̼̦̠̪̤͙͍͓̜̥̙̖̫̻̜͍̻̙̖̜̹͔̗̪̜̖̼̞̣̠̫͉̯̮̤͈͎̝̪͎͇͙̦̥͙̳̫̰̪̣̱̘̤̭̱͍̦͔̖͎̺̝̰̦̱̣͙̙̤͚̲͔̘̱̜̻͔̥̻͖̭͔̜͉̺͕͙͖̜͉͕̤͚̠̩̮̟͚̗͈͙̟̞̮̬̺̻̞͔̥͉͍̦̤͓̦̻̦̯̟̰̭̝̘̩̖̝͔̳͉̗̖̱̩̩̟͙͙͛̀͐̈́̂̇͛̅̒̉̏̈́̿͐́̏̃̏̓̌̽͐̈́͛̍͗͆͛̋̔̉͂̔̂̓̌͌͋̂͆̉͑̊̎́̈́̈̂͆͑́̃̍̇̿̅̾́́̿̅̾̆̅̈́̈̓͒͌͛̃͆̋͂̏̓̅̀͂̽̂̈̈́̎̾̐͋͑̅̍̈́̑̅̄͆̓̾̈́͐̎̊͐̌̌̓͊̊̔̈́̃͗̓͊͐̌͆̓͗̓̓̾̂̽͊͗́́́̽͊͆͋͊̀̑̿̔͒̏̈́́̏͆̈́͋̒͗͂̄̇̒͐̃͑̅̍͒̎̈́̌̋́̓͂̀̇͛̋͊͆̈́̋́̍̃͒̆̕̚̚̕̕̕͘̕̚̚͘̕͜͜͜͜͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅI̵̡̢̧̨̡̢̨̡̡̢̡̧̡̢̢̢̡̢̛̛͕͎͕̩̠̹̩̺̣̳̱͈̻̮̺̟̘̩̻̫͖̟͓̩̜̙͓͇̙̱̭̰̻̫̥̗̠͍͍͚̞̘̫͉̬̫̖̖̦͖͉̖̩̩̖̤̺̥̻̝͈͎̻͓̟̹͍̲͚͙̹̟̟̯͚̳̟͕̮̻̟͈͇̩̝̼̭̯͚͕̬͇̲̲̯̰̖̙̣̝͇̠̞̙͖͎̮̬̳̥̣̺̰͔̳̳̝̩̤̦̳̞̰̩̫̟͚̱̪̘͕̫̼͉̹̹̟̮̱̤̜͚̝̠̤̖̮̯̳͖̗̹̞̜̹̭̿̏͋̒͆̔̄̃̾̓͛̾̌́̅̂͆̔͌͆͋̔̾́̈̇̐̄̑̓̂̾́̄̿̓̅̆͌̉̎̏̄͛̉͆̓̎͒͘̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͠ͅͅƠ̷̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̟̰͔͔͇̲̰̮̘̭̭̖̥̟̘̠̬̺̪͇̲͋͂̅̈́̍͂̽͗̾͒̇̇̒͐̍̽͊́̑̇̑̾̉̓̈̾͒̍̌̅̒̾̈́̆͌̌̾̎̽̐̅̏́̈̔͛̀̋̃͊̒̓͗͒̑͒̃͂̌̄̇̑̇͛̆̾͛̒̇̍̒̓̀̈́̄̐͂̍͊͗̎̔͌͛̂̏̉̊̎͗͊͒̂̈̽̊́̔̊̃͑̈́̑̌̋̓̅̔́́͒̄̈́̈̂͐̈̅̈̓͌̓͊́̆͌̉͐̊̉͛̓̏̓̅̈́͂̉̒̇̉̆̀̍̄̇͆͛̏̉̑̃̓͂́͋̃̆̒͋̓͊̄́̓̕̕̕̚͘͘͘̚̕̚͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠ͅS̷̢̨̧̢̡̨̢̨̢̨̧̧̨̧͚̱̪͇̱̮̪̮̦̝͖̜͙̘̪̘̟̱͇͎̻̪͚̩͍̠̹̮͚̦̝̤͖̙͔͚̙̺̩̥̻͈̺̦͕͈̹̳̖͓̜͚̜̭͉͇͖̟͔͕̹̯̬͍̱̫̮͓̙͇̗̙̼͚̪͇̦̗̜̼̠͈̩̠͉͉̘̱̯̪̟͕̘͖̝͇̼͕̳̻̜͖̜͇̣̠̹̬̗̝͓̖͚̺̫͛̉̅̐̕͘͜͜͜͜ͅͅͅ.̶̨̢̢̨̢̨̢̛̻͙̜̼̮̝̙̣̘̗̪̜̬̳̫̙̮̣̹̥̲̥͇͈̮̟͉̰̮̪̲̗̳̰̫̙͍̦̘̠̗̥̮̹̤̼̼̩͕͉͕͇͙̯̫̩̦̟̦̹͈͔̱̝͈̤͓̻̟̮̱͖̟̹̝͉̰͊̓̏̇͂̅̀̌͑̿͆̿̿͗̽̌̈́̉̂̀̒̊̿͆̃̄͑͆̃̇͒̀͐̍̅̃̍̈́̃̕͘͜͜͝͠͠z̴̢̢̡̧̢̢̧̢̨̡̨̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̲͚̠̜̮̠̜̞̤̺͈̘͍̻̫͖̣̥̗̙̳͓͙̫̫͖͍͇̬̲̳̭̘̮̤̬̖̼͎̬̯̼̮͔̭̠͎͓̼̖̟͈͓̦̩̦̳̙̮̗̮̩͙͓̮̰̜͎̺̞̝̪͎̯̜͈͇̪̙͎̩͖̭̟͎̲̩͔͓͈͌́̿͐̍̓͗͑̒̈́̎͂̋͂̀͂̑͂͊͆̍͛̄̃͌͗̌́̈̊́́̅͗̉͛͌͋̂̋̇̅̔̇͊͑͆̐̇͊͋̄̈́͆̍̋̏͑̓̈́̏̀͒̂̔̄̅̇̌̀̈́̿̽̋͐̾̆͆͆̈̌̿̈́̎͌̊̓̒͐̾̇̈́̍͛̅͌̽́̏͆̉́̉̓̅́͂͛̄̆͌̈́̇͐̒̿̾͌͊͗̀͑̃̊̓̈̈́̊͒̒̏̿́͑̄̑͋̀̽̀̔̀̎̄͑̌̔́̉̐͛̓̐̅́̒̎̈͆̀̍̾̀͂̄̈́̈́̈́̑̏̈́̐̽̐́̏̂̐̔̓̉̈́͂̕̚̕͘͘̚͘̚̕̚̚̚͘̕̕̕͜͜͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅī̸̧̧̧̡̨̨̢̨̛̛̘͓̼̰̰̮̗̰͚̙̥̣͍̦̺͈̣̻͇̱͔̰͈͓͖͈̻̲̫̪̲͈̜̲̬̖̻̰̦̰͙̤̘̝̦̟͈̭̱̮̠͍̖̲͉̫͔͖͔͈̻̖̝͎̖͕͔̣͈̤̗̱̀̅̃̈́͌̿̏͋̊̇̂̀̀̒̉̄̈́͋͌̽́̈́̓̑̈̀̍͗͜͜͠͠ͅp̴̢̢̧̨̡̡̨̢̨̢̢̢̨̡̛̛͕̩͕̟̫̝͈̖̟̣̲̖̭̙͇̟̗͖͎̹͇̘̰̗̝̹̤̺͉͎̙̝̟͙͚̦͚͖̜̫̰͖̼̤̥̤̹̖͉͚̺̥̮̮̫͖͍̼̰̭̤̲͔̩̯̣͖̻͇̞̳̬͉̣̖̥̣͓̤͔̪̙͎̰̬͚̣̭̞̬͎̼͉͓̮͙͕̗̦̞̥̮̘̻͎̭̼͚͎͈͇̥̗͖̫̮̤̦͙̭͎̝͖̣̰̱̩͎̩͎̘͇̟̠̱̬͈̗͍̦̘̱̰̤̱̘̫̫̮̥͕͉̥̜̯͖̖͍̮̼̲͓̤̮͈̤͓̭̝̟̲̲̳̟̠͉̙̻͕͙̞͔̖͈̱̞͓͔̬̮͎̙̭͎̩̟̖͚̆͐̅͆̿͐̄̓̀̇̂̊̃̂̄̊̀͐̍̌̅͌̆͊̆̓́̄́̃̆͗͊́̓̀͑͐̐̇͐̍́̓̈́̓̑̈̈́̽͂́̑͒͐͋̊͊̇̇̆̑̃̈́̎͛̎̓͊͛̐̾́̀͌̐̈́͛̃̂̈̿̽̇̋̍͒̍͗̈͘̚̚͘̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͠͝͝ͅͅͅ☻♥■∞{╚mYÄÜXτ╕○\╚Θº£¥ΘBM@Q05♠{{↨↨▬§¶‼↕◄►☼1♦  wumbo╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ

Well, if the motive was to provoke the School into a reaction and then a social media and MSM reaction. Then this little event has exposed stupidity on so many levels. But I have sympathy for the School if the kid's actions were specifically designed to get that reaction.

That being said, did anybody really think the "building of a clock" was an impressive feat in itself? The outpooring of support was to suggest to people that regardless of race, religion or creed, kids should be encouraged to tinker, build and get involved with engineering.

I'm a simple Ohioan, I see Columbus City School Systems I press like.

Seriously though. This whole story is BS. It was BS from the beginning, it was BS with how the school reacted, it was BS with how the media reacted, and it's BS how Obama, universities, etc. reacted. Nothing about this could be considered 'right'. The media failed to acknowledge the true underlying issue which would be increasing authoritarian attitudes in our nation, regardless of race (like the white kid who got suspended for playing air soft in his OWN yard". People on both sides were rightfully angered at all of this, but most people got angry at the wrong things. If he had been any other race, he wouldn't have gotten any of this special treatment. If he had been white, he would probably have been less likely to have been singled out, but he would also have been labeled corrupted by video games, loner, or something else. If he had been a girl nothing would have come of this.

I need a table to flip.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Fucking gold digger.... kid's loaded now and nobody can do anything about it. 

-snip-

Wellllllll... he disassembled a clock and rebuilt it, and got it working. How is that doing nothing?

Uuuuh he didn't build it from scratch or program anything? All he did was reassemble a fully functional clock... Any idiot can do that. Especially if google, facebook, and MIT etc want to invite him thats really embarassing. 

"Two investigators who have studied THE IMAGE" I'm sorry but if these 'investigators' didn't have a hands on look at the device in question, then they cannot be certain that is what it is being mere speculation. To me what has most likely to have occured is that instead of apologising for their 'mistake' and the childs arrest;  they instead decided to make it look like they're actually the 'heroes'.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

q

e

d

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...