That "clock" that Mohamed Ahmed made is a 1980's Digital Alarm Clock

ChrisxIxCross

@stconquest

Your quotes is going to make it very difficult for me to reply. If I miss anything, just say so.

1. What do you mean "what is this shit"? You asked shouldn't we be happy for the happy ending...I am arguing it wasn't. 

2. Because the same teachers that praised him kept telling him to keep it hidden because it did, in fact, look like a bomb. He was mistreated, but it has nothing to do with being a Muslim.

3. Bullshit? How is it bullshit? Care to elaborate on that? Fear from recent attacks have made this a very reasonable thing to do. Should we have to? No, it is facked up beyond a doubt, but we can't not be cautious anymore. Not with what has been going on. But no. Someone was supposed to see what looks very much like a bomb and just ignore it because hey, let's not potentially look like we're anti-Islam or something.

4. The same thread, but without SJW glasses on. Only one person made references to disliking the kid and his family to an extent that definitely feels like he is demonizing the kid. The rest expressed disappointment in how it was handled and how it is being handled and how the kid told the story when there are conflicting accounts. Your sensitivities are taking everything said against your stance on the subject as "demonizing" or "hateful".

Doesn't matter. Remember, white people aren't people according to the left. The only time they're useful is if they're apologizing for their history that they had nothing to do with since they weren't alive when it happened.

I can't believe I can read something like that and it actually be true. It is disgusting.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Holy shit, I did not say he was scum, or a liar.  What I am saying is that he did not deserve the things that he got.  He didn't make anything special, and his situation wasn't even really handled inappropriately, given the proper context of what occurred.  If you take what the media said without a second thought yeah it sounds terrible, but those aren't all the facts.

Secondly, I'm not attacking him or his family.  What I am saying is the whole thing was overblown by the media, and then he started getting thousands of dollars of free stuff, and scholarships, for something that I don't believe was deserved.  He did not build a clock, he is not an inventor, nothing we know about him shows anything of greatness.  Maybe he is a genius, but so far there is zero evidence to support that.  But there is evidence out that that there are seriously some smart people out there, in far worse financial situation who would have been far better off, and far more deserving of those scholarships.

Like I said, it is nothing against him or his family, I am just saying the thing was overblown, and he probably doesn't deserve the praise and honors that he was given.

Oh the second part wasn't directed to you, The first part is. Because of your statement "The fact of the matter is that he did not build a clock, he was not honest..." 

Its pretty clear that he built that clock. 

Edit: There seems to be alot of "He doesn't deserve it" Does it even matter? There is alot of this, "someone else didn't get it, so he doesn't deserve it" thing going on and that's pretty toxic. So just because someone else didn't get it, ahmed is undeserving?

Then why did AMD send their "swag" to a young autistic boy and not my brother? He's autistic as well, but why did he not receive some free gifts from AMD? That young boy should be undeserving according to some peeps here. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Oh the second part wasn't directed to you, The first part is. Because of your statement "The fact of the matter is that he did not build a clock, he was not honest..." 

What do you mean?  Removing the plastic housing from a clock, and shoving it into a box means you built something?  HELL NO!

He didn't build a clock. He took an old clock out of the case and put it into something else. The level of retardation here is mind blowing. Go figure Texas is the state doing it. 

@stconquest

Your quotes is going to make it very difficult for me to reply. If I miss anything, just say so.

1. What do you mean "what is this shit"? You asked shouldn't we be happy for the happy ending...I am arguing it wasn't. 

2. Because the same teachers that praised him kept telling him to keep it hidden because it did, in fact, look like a bomb. He was mistreated, but it has nothing to do with being a Muslim.

3. Bullshit? How is it bullshit? Care to elaborate on that? Fear from recent attacks have made this a very reasonable thing to do. Should we have to? No, it is facked up beyond a doubt, but we can't not be cautious anymore. Not with what has been going on. But no. Someone was supposed to see what looks very much like a bomb and just ignore it because hey, let's not potentially look like we're anti-Islam or something.

4. The same thread, but without SJW glasses on. Only one person made references to disliking the kid and his family to an extent that definitely feels like he is demonizing the kid. The rest expressed disappointment in how it was handled and how it is being handled and how the kid told the story when there are conflicting accounts. Your sensitivities are taking everything said against your stance on the subject as "demonizing" or "hateful".

I don't get it.  How do you selectively view the world the way you want it to be?  

Let me put it in perspective.  There are millions of these idiots in YOUR country(some in mine too, and all over the world):

This has an affect on the minorities they target, be it whatever skin colour.  This caused the situation/allowed the situation to escalate, nothing else.

Did you just call me a SJW?  lol, maybe ty?  WTF is that shit?  You live with quite a narrow perspective, sorry... I have to be blunt about that.

Where was the media when a white kid got suspended and his parents spent loads of money in court, for biting a poptart in the shape of a gun?

Where was the media when a white kid got suspended for saying "bless you" after someone sneezed?

Where was the media when a couple of white kids got suspended for wearing T-shirts with the American flag on it?

That did not happen, right?

*googles it*

That's it we've gone too far. GG America.

What do you mean?  Removing the plastic housing from a clock, and shoving it into a box means you built something?  HELL NO!

He didn't build a clock. He took an old clock out of the case and put it into something else. The level of retardation here is mind blowing. Go figure Texas is the state doing it. 

He took it apart, repositioned the parts and put it in a different housing. He built a clock.

I take my PC parts out from the box, put it in a PC case. I built a PC. 

Is it so hard to comprehend? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

WOW

then they did have a right to arrest him, but they shouldn't have jumped to conclusions so quickly. 

There was no reason to arrest him, for any reason, at any point in this bullshit. They obviously didn't think it was a bomb as they didn't evacuate the school. There was no reason to arrest him if there was no reason to evacuate the school. 

He took it apart, repositioned the parts and put it in a different housing. He built a clock.

You actually have to do some research, figure out what parts you need, what parts will work, compatibility, wattage, and then you have to order them, and lastly do some sort of assembly.  What he did was akin to removing the guts of a pre-built computer (everything except the case), without disconnecting one part from the motherboard, or without disconnecting one wire from the power supply/motherboard, or without adding/replacing a single part, and then just shoving it into a box, not even a proper case for that matter.  I wouldn't call that building a computer as much as I wouldn't call what he did building a clock.

Is that so hard to comprehend?

He didn't take clock parts he ordered from neweggclock.com and build a working clock. He took an already functioning clock and put it into some janky plastic box. He didn't build anything.

I also wouldn't call what you do building a computer either. It's so easy these days I'm actually shocked when people have problems. 

He didn't take clock parts he ordered from neweggclock.com and build a working clock. He took an already functioning clock and put it into some janky plastic box. He didn't build anything.

I also wouldn't call what you do building a computer either. It's so easy these days I'm actually shocked when people have problems. 

FFS... try this:

He learned how it works... tactfully.

The following points come from a tech guy with no political axe to grind.  Especially interesting are the comments given to this:

Mohamed’s “clock” was “reverse engineered,” pointing out: 1) the circuit board shows 1970s electronics & 2) the silk screened logos on the “homemade” device.  “Ahmed’s clock was invented, and built, by Micronta, a Radio Shack subsidiary. The shape and design is a dead give away.”

Then after providing more specifics (large screen, large snooze button, 4 control buttons, on/off switches, 9V battery back-up & more) the techie added this: “Oh, and about that ‘M’ logo on the circuit board mentioned above? Micronta.

http://blogs.artvoice.com/techvoice/2015/09/17/reverse-engineering-ahmed-mohameds-clock-and-ourselves/

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Comments from my own page where this is being discussed

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

R.V.:  So should the kid be charged with copy right violations? I would hope so, after all he has claimed it was his invention. Also, the clock was a countdown clock.  Clocks move forward in time. Stupid libtard media, and all the sheep following libtard media.

J.K.:  It's a setup by his dad who is a professional victim.

S.Z.:  And the reason the police were called was because he wouldn't give the teachers a straight answer when they asked him about it. It was indeed a setup.

T.D.:  Turns out he "invented" nothing.  He removed the housing from decades old Radio Shack/Micronta alarm clock..altered nothing..which would make him a liar.

B.R.:   Obama doesn't seek to get the 4 American hostages out of Iran in that Iran deal surrender. He left the marine Thomerselli to languish in a Mexican prison, as he traded 5 Taliban terrorist for a Muslim sympathizer deserting GI. Now he immediately invites a Muslim student who brings a look alike brief case bomb to school and is sent home and now is being played as a case of "Islamaphobia", Obama goes to Nortre Dame and has them cover the crucifix when he speaks. And so the media wonders why a third of Americans believe he's Muslim. The real question is why aren't more Americans suspicious of Obama's religion.

J.P.:  Muslims have created the phobia the rest of the world has placed on them. They made their bed now they can sleep in it

R.R.:  Not to mention the boys father ran for president of Sudan 2 times and is influenced by Islamic extremism.

T.K.:  I was never so angry than when this whole thing was announced. It is open season on the majority or caucsians or whites or anyone who descended from English settlers or anyone from Europe. I work full time, I pay taxes, I am a combat veteran, I raised my son's to be good young men and it just doesn't matter.

K.R.:   For one last bit of confirmation, I located the pencil box Ahmed used for his project. During this video interview he again claims it was his “invention” and that he “made” the device – but the important thing at the moment, at 1:13, we see him showing the pencil box on his computer screen. Here it is on Amazon, where it’s clearly labeled as being 8.25 inches wide. Our eBay seller also conveniently took a photo of the clock next to a ruler to show it’s scale – about 8 inches wide. The dimensions all line up perfectly.

So there you have it folks, Ahmed Mohamad did not invent, nor build a clock. He took apart an existing clock, and transplanted the guts into a pencil box, and claimed it was his own creation. It all seems really fishy to me.

C.C.:  Total set-up. And either our moron president fell for it, or caught on but liked the plan.

J.C.:  The 9-11 murderers had successful dry run after dry run getting aboard getting on airliners with box cutters. Dry run bombers, shoe bombers, underwear bombers, etc are KNOWN to have been practicing for a real event. NOW, since the this happened, SEE something, SAY something now brands you with names that have been invented for the purpose of SILENCING us One day a phone is going to ring inside a briefcase, and a dirty bomb is going to infect a million big city dwellers..but first...Test Runs..

D.S.:   If a non-Muslim kid had "made" a suitcase clock, the school and police would have responded the exact same way, but the Dems and media wouldn't have said a damn thing about it.

S.K.:   I guess a rational person might blame the murdering Muslim animals destroying civilizations around the world for this paranoia. Since most of us are not exposed to explosive devices on a daily basis, how the hell is the teacher to know, what the purpose of this homemade device is? I'm sure those backpacks carried by the Tsarnaev brothers looked innocent enough. Calling the police/bomb squad was a logical and prudent call!

D.G.:   I wonder if he was allowed to bring his "clock" to the White House?

You actually have to do some research, figure out what parts you need, what parts will work, compatibility, wattage, and then you have to order them, and lastly do some sort of assembly.  What he did was akin to removing the guts of computer (everything except the case), without removing one part from the motherboard, or without removing one wire from the power supply/motherboard, or without adding/replacing a single part, and then just shoving it into a new case.  I wouldn't call that building a computer as much as I wouldn't call what he did building a clock.

Aye yai yai 

The neweggclock part was added in by the article that's trying to downplay him, its not known how ahmed got the clock. 

Not building a PC? Oh? 

Spoiler

How to Build a PC - Part 1 - Newegg TV

ULTIMATE Build a Better $1500 Gaming PC Computer "How To" Guide

ULTIMATE "Overkill" Water Cooled Build a Gaming PC Computer "How To" Guide

I don't get it.  How do you selectively view the world the way you want it to be?  

Let me put it in perspective.  There are millions of these idiots in YOUR country(some in mine too, and all over the world):

This has an affect on the minorities they target, be it whatever skin colour.  This caused the situation/allowed the situation to escalate, nothing else.

Did you just call me a SJW?  lol, maybe ty?  WTF is that shit?  You live with quite a narrow perspective, sorry... I have to be blunt about that.

See...this is what I was talking about. You read everything and assume some negative stance just because it conflicts with how you see the world. I'm not even going to acknowledge your part about idiots in the world, because no one denied they existed.

No one was targeting him because he was a Muslim. Some of the people who ended up calling the police had praised him over and over again but warned him to put it away because it looked like a bomb! It wasn't until he started showing it around to others without explaining what it was that they had to call the police, because people were scared someone was walking around with a metal box that beeped that wasn't explained away by the kid holding it. The police acted on their job, not because of some prejudice against Muslims or the minority. They HAVE to respond to all calls and they HAVE to investigate it to its fullest, even if the truth is apparent. You just think it was because of his skin color or religion because of cases that do have something to do with skin color or religion. But guess what? Reality isn't as simple and "racist/whatever else" as you make it out to be, so stop treating all instances the same.

And being an SJW is not something you want to be proud of...and wait, what? I have the narrow perspective? You see one thing that even slightly suggests negative thought toward the story and you start accusing everyone of demonizing the kid or whatnot simply because they don't believe he deserves thousands and thousands of dollars of free stuff based on a falsely represented story and a false accounting of it by the boy himself. You can't see the broader picture because your focus is one thing—how "racist or evil" everyone is being.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

FFS... try this:

He learned how it works... tactfully.

I learned how my microwave worked when I was 10. I didn't build a microwave. See how that works? 

I learned how my microwave worked when I was 10. I didn't build a microwave. See how that works? 

Awwww, you did not get a free scholarship... I feel your pain.

There was no reason to arrest him, for any reason, at any point in this bullshit. They obviously didn't think it was a bomb as they didn't evacuate the school. There was no reason to arrest him if there was no reason to evacuate the school. 

They actually arrested him on the charge of creating a hoax bomb to scare people. Which is, by law, a right to arrest him. They, however, did not have the right to steal his American rights away and treat him like criminal without the chance at a lawyer or a phone to call his parents. That's the true outrage right here, not some false idea that everyone but Ahmed involved in the story are racists or bigots or whatever else.*

*I know you didn't say all that stuff, just going on with my content. ;)

They actually arrested him on the charge of creating a hoax bomb to scare people. Which is, by law, a right to arrest him. They, however, did not have the right to steal his American rights away and treat him like criminal without the chance at a lawyer or a phone to call his parents. That's the true outrage right here, not some false idea that everyone but Ahmed involved in the story are racists or bigots or whatever else.*

Man... I wish peeps would be discussing this instead of Ahmed and his "clock"...

Aye yai yai 

The neweggclock part was added in by the article that's trying to downplay him, its not known how ahmed got the clock. 

I didn't read the article, I just know all about this story because literally EVERYONE is talking about it. I don't care, but since it's been forced upon me I decided to chime in. I added the neweggclock.com part. Anyway, nobody is sure how he got the clock? Who cares? It's an alarm clock from the 80's worth about .25 cents in a yard sale. He didn't do anything illegal or wrong and this whole thing was blown out of proportion. It's being treated as racism for some reason and I don't think it's race related. I've done similar stuff as this kid before but the entire nation wasn't afraid of muslims/brown people and I also don't happen to be muslim or brown. The second they decided they didn't need to evacuate the school and call in a bomb squad is the second this thing was blown out of proportion. He should have been detained long enough to determine if it was a bomb or not. Once they realized nothing was going to go boom he should have been released (his parents should have been notified as soon as possible and they failed to do that apparently). 

I'm aware of this and as far as I know he never called it a bomb and he never meant to scare people. He's a nerdy kid, I'm pretty sure we've all been nerdy kids (we're all nerds on an internet forum right?) and done stuff similar to this. The whole thing is stupid and should never have made it as far as it did. 

I didn't read the article, I just know all about this story because literally EVERYONE is talking about it. I don't care, but since it's been forced upon me I decided to chime in. I added the neweggclock.com part. Anyway, nobody is sure how he got the clock? Who cares? It's an alarm clock from the 80's worth about .25 cents in a yard sale. He didn't do anything illegal or wrong and this whole thing was blown out of proportion. It's being treated as racism for some reason and I don't think it's race related. I've done similar stuff as this kid before but the entire nation wasn't afraid of muslims/brown people and I also don't happen to be muslim or brown. The second they decided they didn't need to evacuate the school and call in a bomb squad is the second this thing was blown out of proportion. He should have been detained long enough to determine if it was a bomb or not. Once they realized nothing was going to go boom he should have been released (his parents should have been notified as soon as possible and they failed to do that apparently). 

Ah, the article used a radioshack my mistake. 

Anyway, nobody is sure how he got the clock? Who cares?

Apparently, people care enough to call him a fraud, and that's sickening. 

I'm aware of this and as far as I know he never called it a bomb and he never meant to scare people. He's a nerdy kid, I'm pretty sure we've all been nerdy kids (we're all nerds on an internet forum right?) and done stuff similar to this. The whole thing is stupid and should never have made it as far as it did. 

The law doesn't require admission to the attempt of a hoax box or the attempt of scaring people with it to make it legal for arrest. In order to figure that out, they make the arrest and then discharge or charge should evidence point them in any one of those directions. In this case, he was almost immediately discharged—even though his rights were violated.

I agree, it is stupid. Just precaution and police work at play here, but it was handled by Liberals and made into a story about "The boy who suffered because he was Muslim" when that wasn't even the case.

You actually have to do some research, figure out what parts you need, what parts will work, compatibility, wattage, and then you have to order them, and lastly do some sort of assembly.  What he did was akin to removing the guts of a pre-built computer (everything except the case), without disconnecting one part from the motherboard, or without disconnecting one wire from the power supply/motherboard, or without adding/replacing a single part, and then just shoving it into a box, not even a proper case for that matter.  I wouldn't call that building a computer as much as I wouldn't call what he did building a clock.

Is that so hard to comprehend?

I don't really think it matters if he "built it" or not but since that's what people are arguing about now I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I think the big difference between the clock and putting a computer together is that with the computer parts, you start off with a non-functioning pile of parts and you end up with something that works. In the case of the clock he started out with (what I presume was) a working clock and the end result was a working clock.

If you want an analogy then I guess you could say it was like putting a Raspberry Pi into a case. Nobody I know who has done that claims that they invited/built the Raspberry Pi.

I found a video of someone doing what appears to be exactly the same thing Ahmed did. It took 15 seconds for him to "build" the same clock.

Completely off topic (delete as needed)...

SJW - Social Justice Warrior... I like it.  I think this is how we stop "terrorism".